What is this...

Battlegrounds
So with all the BG merging and what not, I figured my long queue time would go down for BG's.... But I was wrong, no biggie I've grown used to this. But now it seems 'Random' BG queue throws me in nothing but AV and Isle of Conquest (( Especially this one )) none-stop. Sooo with more players to put in BG's does the system figure it needs to queue us with wide-scale PvP matches constantly? Is it time to specific queue to avoid a 40 player match? I am not a fan of either of these BG's so I'm hoping this is just me having a streak of bad luck. =P Anyone else getting a similar result?

Maybe I'm just bringin' up nothin', just wanted to see if others are seein' the same thing. =P
AV and IoC nonstop > SotA nonstop.
I was always a bit confused when people said the merge would lower horde BG times. I didn't see why it would, since the horde had longer times on almost all BGs, right? Was the merge going to produce more alliance, somehow?
AV and IoC nonstop > SotA nonstop.
I would gladly take SotA or AV over IoC any time.
I was always a bit confused when people said the merge would lower horde BG times. I didn't see why it would, since the horde had longer times on almost all BGs, right? Was the merge going to produce more alliance, somehow?

Well, simple really. Let's say everyone is queued for WSG as follows:

BG 1: 12 Alliance; 18 horde
BG 2: 8 Alliance; 15 horde
BG 3: 13 Alliance; 11 horde

Pre-merge: 2 games going on (BG1 and BG3), with 13 alliance and 24 horde in queue
Post-merge: 3 games going on, with 3 alliance and 14 horde in queue

The merge should get more games going on, which speeds up your queue times, even if all BGs have more horde players to alliance player.
But that's not what the 3 BGs would actually look like. It would be more like this:

BG 1: 12 Alliance; 28 horde

BG 2: 8 Alliance; 35 horde

BG 3: 13 Alliance; 12 horde

And like I predicted, it's made little to no difference because the ratio of horde to alliance PvPes hasn't changed.
But that's not what the 3 BGs would actually look like. It would be more like this:

BG 1: 12 Alliance; 28 horde

BG 2: 8 Alliance; 35 horde

BG 3: 13 Alliance; 12 horde

And like I predicted, it's made little to no difference because the ratio of horde to alliance PvPes hasn't changed.

OK, in your example, you get 3 games going on instead of 2. That leaves 10 less horde sitting in queue. :P

C
Yeah I'd love SotA over Isle, I'm still getting the same thing playing today. I remember the days of SotA like every damn queue, and I also remember being frusterated back then though, (( Before I started to kinda like it. =P)) Glad others are seeing it to though.
Don't you just love the Horde Queues...

My Alliance Warlock get's instant queues.
My older Server Arygos, nightfall battlegroup I'd get like, >1 minute queues as Horde, painful going from that to 15-20 minutes. xD

But only thing I was looking to bring up was the sheer volume of Isle of Conquest BG's we're being thrown into as random. =P About time to stop clicking random and just queueing specific if the system is gonna be biased towards an annoying BG. xD

OK, in your example, you get 3 games going on instead of 2. That leaves 10 less horde sitting in queue. :P

C

But taken in much larger numbers, it becomes meaningless. 10,030 games instead of 10,020 games makes no difference.
Yeah I'd love SotA over Isle, I'm still getting the same thing playing today. I remember the days of SotA like every damn queue, and I also remember being frusterated back then though, (( Before I started to kinda like it. =P)) Glad others are seeing it to though.

I hate getting SotA when I'm on my DK or if i feel like healing because it's a huge pain in the ass for both. But my shadow spec rips demos apart, plus I can CC like a mofo riding on the sides on offense.
Yeah I don't disc SotA's unless with my bf. :l

But again, 4th bg in a row on my Priest today is the dreaded Isle of Conquest. :l

C

But taken in much larger numbers, it becomes meaningless. 10,030 games instead of 10,020 games makes no difference.

Well... you're probably right. It won't speed up general BG queueing all that much during prime time. At unusual hours, you might see it a noticeable benefit.

Plus, it's pretty much a necessity for Rated BGs.