SotA has no place in Rated Battlegrounds

Battlegrounds
Copy pasted from Rosetsu's post on the eu forums located here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/859358779#1

This battleground has absolutely no place in the Rated Battlegrounds bracket for very obvious reasons, so why are Blizzard insisting on using on what is by far the least popular and least balanced Battleground in what is supposed to be a competitive environment? This is a BG where PVP between player's characters doesn't even decide who wins the game.

While one may argue that joke brackets have always existed in WoW Arena (2s with Resto Druids in TBC, 5s in the whole of WotLK), surely this is an opportunity for Blizzard to get rid of such potential situations arising.
what is by far the least popular and least balanced Battleground ]

Source? I would have guessed IoC is less popular. Anyways, while it isn't my favorite BG, I think SotA has huge potential for some pretty neat strategy. And what you said about the outcome not being dependant on pvp interaction, well thats just false.

Source? I would have guessed IoC is less popular. Anyways, while it isn't my favorite BG, I think SotA has huge potential for some pretty neat strategy. And what you said about the outcome not being dependant on pvp interaction, well thats just false.

^this
Just because you dont like it and cant see the strategic potential, doesnt mean that other people feel the same way. And i fail to see how this bg is imbalenced at all.

^this
Just because you dont like it and cant see the strategic potential, doesnt mean that other people feel the same way. And i fail to see how this bg is imbalenced at all.

If you read the thread then you saw this is a copy paste, so you're wasting breath telling me what I said was wrong when i'm not the one that said it. You should probably learn how to spell imbalanced before you talk about what is or isn't though.

I would have guessed IoC is less popular.

IoC is already removed from the map pool, so while you may be right.. it's irrelevant.

And what you said about the outcome not being dependant on pvp interaction, well thats just false.

Vehicles aren't PvP. The acronym stands for player vs player. Nowhere in there does it mention gates or vehicles.

SotA has its own important tactics and strategies revolving around it. Just because most people are too dense to figure it out, doesn't mean its a bad BG. Two coordinated teams can pull together some great gameplay in there.
SotA has its own important tactics and strategies revolving around it. Just because most people are too dense to figure it out, doesn't mean its a bad BG. Two coordinated teams can pull together some great gameplay in there.

Please enlighten me on these deep tactics and strategies that you employ in SotA that you think other people can't grasp.

I would love to hear about it.
SotA has no place

fix'd

Please enlighten me on these deep tactics and strategies that you employ in SotA that you think other people can't grasp.

I would love to hear about it.

If the initial assault went to pot, then bringing more Demolishers seems to be near impossible for the average pug. People just swarm towards yellow, without any vehicles and think they're going to win. At that point its wise to bring as many Demos together in one lump as you can, and push through before they can bring them all down, but again, the average pug just sends them in one at a time and they just get farmed at the more easily defended choke point at yellow.

There's also the hand-held bombs you've got to watch out for. Some coordinated groups barely even bother with the Demolishers and just do it all with bombs, which gets a lot of actual fighting going on.

I can only presume you've never actually landed in a SotA game in a decent group, against another decent group. The sad state of the garden variety pugger; you'll never figure out what true coordination is.
As far as vehicles go, you can say what you want about the definition of player vs. player (I happen to know what PvP stands for), but ultimately blizzard has decided seige is to be a part of the PvP in WoW.

And the point about no pvp interaction is unfounded, players playing other players occurs in this BG just like every other BG.

IoC is already removed from the map pool, so while you may be right.. it's irrelevant.

Granted, but the fact remains that the statistic you quoted is probably a best guess, and meaningless.
On a side note, the euros sure seem to be on board with this.
A competition of the best peelers. Weeee

PS. Player VS Door
Having your team randomly split in half at the start is going to be annoying.
Strand is the only BG I queue up for directly besides WSG for rep though :(
Allow healing of Demos?
On a side note, the euros sure seem to be on board with this.

Of course, they tend to have far less e-peen waving on their forums and people who actually put a shred of thought into what they post.

Here we get heroes like Bidby who think SotA should be in rated because GET MORE DEMOS is deep tactical play and people who post with a straight face "Sorry that this is a battleground where you cannot go afk, or just randomly fight others with no regards to the objectives"... as if that had anything at all to do with the topic.

Fact is siege has no place in rated PvP, and certainly not in the broken form Strand is.