Hit 80 about 4 weeks ago, any advice? (Ret)

Paladin
Hey there,
About 4 weeks ago i hit 80, and have been gearing up and getting used to ret since then when not on one of my other 80s. So far not bad, but i am wondering if there is any specific advice people have that i could use to up my game before cata is released?

issues i know about, missing BS socket in gloves and sub-par gem in chest until JC'er friend mails me back the ametrine i sent him. Armory is showing me slightly below the hit cap, but i recently reforged some so its actually barely above 8% hit right now and still expertise capped with the seal up.

Anything i should look at in terms of spec? Gemming? Glyphs? must have ret macros?

As for JP points for gear, i have around 3k JP right now, but i am going to get it up to the cap before i start spending any to ensure that i have enough for when i hit 85.
I did a quick armory check, you passed. About the only thing is the crit gem in your weapon (should be a strength/<yellow stat>)

spec could also use slight tweak, but only a point or two
Weapon gem is because i had a bunch of arp gems get turned into those on my main when arp was removed, so i had to do something with them. If i can get something better it will def be getting a better gem choice.

What tweaks to my spec could i do?
Also, would strength/haste be better than str/crit for ret?
I don't personally play ret so I don't know all the little details (great questions btw)

so here's the mother source of 4.01 ret theory craft http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t106276-retribution_concordance_4_0_1_a/
haste > crit until the soft cap (~800 depending on latency)

though pure strength gemming is always superior
haste > crit until the soft cap (~800 depending on latency)

though pure strength gemming is always superior

Ah, so at 793 haste i am just about to the point where crit will be better.

Thanks.