Imagination time! What if the Forsaken...

Story Forum
...were all cured? What if one day, every free willed undead woke up and was human (or whatever race they were) again? Imagine Sylvanas's face if she was a beautiful High Elf again! I'm just curious as to how their relations to the Horde and Alliance would be, since Lordaeron would technically be a human nation again. Personally, I think they would stay in the Horde because the Alliance (meaning Gilneas) would still be hostile, since their leader shot a prince and all. Thoughts?
So, basically imagine all the undead coming back to life as a living person again? Uhm, yeah I guess Lordaeron will become a human nation again.
Unless we're time-bubbling this thing, those people would be so messed up and traumatized that it wouldn't be anything like it was.

There's a good chance the entire society would just fracture apart. Even if it didn't, I think they'd be culturally alienated from the other human kingdoms to an incredible degree, and very unlikely to want to be part of the Alliance.

I wonder more how the Horde would react to THEM, rather than the reverse.
I wonder more how the Horde would react to THEM, rather than the reverse.

iirc they were brought into the Horde on the tauren's behest because they wanted to help the Forsaken find a cure for their condition. If the forsaken were somehow brought back to life...well...mission accomplished?
I think that if that were to happen the humans would have the biggest case of PTSD we've ever seen.
At best Sylvanas would lose a lot of power. With so many of her subjects raised into undeath and given a "serve or die" option you'd suddenly find a lot of people leaving as they discover they're no longer going to have trouble entering Alliance territory.

At worst, you get a war as the former Forsaken who no longer support Sylvanas clash with those that still do.
Would there suddenly be millions of half-naked people freezing and starving in Northrend?
I'd like to see them "cured" like Kerrigan was "cured" in SC.
The better question is what would happen to them psychologically. I believe that the Forsaken mentality and perception of the world is a product of their undead physiology, so what happens if that changes back to normal again? Are their minds and outlooks like that of a normal human, or can the Forsaken perception never be reversed?
being alive again would not change any of the stuff they did already, nor would it change the fact that they have been part of and aiding the horde for a decade while the alliance has been their enemy.

having them switch from an undead kingdom who doesn't get along with the alliance to a living kingdom who doesn't get along with the alliance wouldn't make much difference.

if anything it would make it harder for the alliance to take lordaeron and such because they would loose the undead card, making in much harder to justify going to war over land that doesn't belong to the alliance in the first place.
The horde would kill them for the crime of being humans.
being alive again would not change any of the stuff they did already, nor would it change the fact that they have been part of and aiding the horde for a decade while the alliance has been their enemy.

Not necessarily true. Well, it is true, but it would change how they view the world, shedding new light on past actions.

The exact character of the Forsaken is radically different than normal humans, exhibiting a sort of transference disorder. They suffer, so everything else should suffer with them. If they are no longer suffering, then that entire mindset goes out the window.

Regardless, they probably wouldn't be alive for long. Their lands are toxic, they have no provisions, and they are surrounded by Abominations and flesh eating bats.

horde never went after ravenholdt, they are humans and horde are just fine with them. horde also left all the archeologist humans alone, even helped them loot ZA for no reason. there have also been several pirate groups comprised of humans and other races that the horde has happily worked with. then there is the AD/AC who the horde has worked with. the nation of alterac. the POWs from wrath. dalaran before the MoP stuff.

it seems that being a human who threatens the intrests of the horde is the crime and just being a human is no big deal.
horde never went after ravenholdt, they are humans and horde are just fine with them. horde also left all the archeologist humans alone, even helped them loot ZA for no reason. there have also been several pirate groups comprised of humans and other races that the horde has happily worked with. then there is the AD/AC who the horde has worked with. the nation of alterac. the POWs from wrath. dalaran before the MoP stuff.

it seems that being a human who threatens the intrests of the horde is the crime and just being a human is no big deal.

As a player, most non-horde organizations you work with you are working with them as mercenaries, not there to advance the horde's agenda. The horde has many humans to kill, and a small rogue organization like Ravenholdt isn't that big a threat for now, they will be dealt with in time of course.

If it's a nation of humans of course they would attack it, say Gilneas wasn't threatening them, the horde just decided to invade an isolated nation. I don't know how big a threat the farmers in Hillsbrad were either. Those fleeing Gilnean civilian in unarmed boats were obviously a threat to their interests, same with the Theramore civilians on boats. They even attacked and killed humans who were fighting the scourge, they were working in their best interests etc. They kill humans who don't threaten their interest all the time and only work with humans when it is in their absolute best interest (ie survival of the planet), and even then it's hard to not kill them.

I mean unless you are defining the horde's interests as getting rid of all non-horde and dominating the world, then yeah probably they will always have threats to their interests. If the forsaken decided to leave the horde that would definitely threaten the horde's interests. Plus how would you tell Lordaeron humans from stormwind humans? If one just strolled into Org there would probably be an orc there wanting to execute them. Plus easy for spies to slip through. Horde would try to kill them for sure.
It really depends on their mental state once they're brought back. Do they go back to being like their living selves? Do they look back on what they did as Forsaken and think "my god, what did I do"? Are they regretful? Or do they continue to have hostile attitudes towards the Alliance?

If they go back to their old human selves, the Alliance may see it as a sort of disease that affected their minds and will let it slide if since they're back to their old selves.
If they had their memories, there would be a nation-wide epidemic of PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as they would be able to feel the guilt of what they'd done, and all of those Alliance people Sylvanas has been raising would be -very- pissed off and now able to do something about it. The 'forsaken' would likely tear themselves apart as a massive civil war erupts. A lot of them would return to the Alliance (the forsaken would lose a large chunk of their army), or seize chunks of land and declare them independent or a part of the Alliance, or head to the Argent Crusade. For the rest there would be massive confusion and chaos.

In all likelihood though, the Horde would stand a very good chance of losing the forsaken lands unless it resorted to force to keep those lands in the Horde and that would be just asking for the Alliance to step in and stop them.
It depends completely on how their memories worked. Sylvanas and any other elves would have the easiest time; they could just repatriate themselves to Quel'thalas. The humans would probably, by and large, join the Argent Crusade.
I mean unless you are defining the horde's interests as getting rid of all non-horde and dominating the world, then yeah probably they will always have threats to their interests. If the forsaken decided to leave the horde that would definitely threaten the horde's interests. Plus how would you tell Lordaeron humans from stormwind humans? If one just strolled into Org there would probably be an orc there wanting to execute them. Plus easy for spies to slip through. Horde would try to kill them for sure.

you tell them apart by their tabard and the little box floating above their head.

also don't change the argument and move the goal post. you said

I pointed out several instances of individuals, groups large and small, and even a nation of humans being left at peace and not harmed by the horde.

your statement and facts do not line up, and no amount of "but that doesn't count" will change that. you also don't know what would happen in the future or that anyone would kill them for sure.

you made a statement that you know is untrue in order to intentionally spread misinformation on the forums. you got called on it and came up with a bunch of speculative excuses as to why your lie wasn't really a lie, even though even a small amount of critical thinking shows the statement to be unsupportable with the information available in lore.
It depends completely on how their memories worked. Sylvanas and any other elves would have the easiest time; they could just repatriate themselves to Quel'thalas. The humans would probably, by and large, join the Argent Crusade.

I kinda like the idea of the former Forsaken joining the Crusade, then Tirion would be the sole ruler of Lordaeron . . .if you could call it Lordaeron.
you tell them apart by their tabard and the little box floating above their head.

also don't change the argument and move the goal post. you said

We're talking from a lore point of view, not a game play point of view so there wouldn't be any of the little boxes above the heads of people.