So, this GM response....

Customer Support
The problem was resolved even before a GM answered my ticket thanks to some forum people, but I couldn't figure out how to close out the ticket after messing with it for a few moments and then I forgot to try to figure out how to close it out later. Anyway, I get a response almost 2 days later and the response from the GM isn't even a logical one for the problem I had sent to them. This isn't the first response I have received that has been like this either over the years. I will post what I said in my ticket below and their response:

"I just defeated the final boss for the Warlock's Green Fire quest. I turned the quest into the Undead Warlock that was standing there at the end after their roleplaying stuff. Now, there is no other quest and I did not receive any green fire. I refuse to have to have beat that guy again. It was unreal the first kill."

"Hello,

This is Game Master *****. Thank you for contacting the Blizzard Entertainment Support Department.

I received your ticket about not recieving any green fire after completing the quest line for the warlock. So there isn't an item that you get from completing the quest, but instead all of your spells turn green. So instead of looking like fire, they are green flames. :)

If you have any further questions or concerns about this issue, please select "I still have a problem" to provide us additional information. Thank you very much for contacting us - we hope you continue to enjoy your experiences with Blizzard Entertainment!"
It makes you wonder why they hire GMs who's first language isn't English.
Anyway, I get a response almost 2 days later and the response from the GM isn't even a logical one for the problem I had sent to them

Now, there is no other quest and I did not receive any green fire.

He may have taken this to mean you thought there'd be an item to use, but no such item came. It's not that strange a reading of that phrasing.

I'm glad players were able to help you out, though ^.^
11/26/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Victimize

This sounds like you were expecting to receive some item you use to turn your spells green.

So the GM answer was relevant.
You do not "receive" any green fire, as he said.

Your spells just become green in color, instead of fire red.
should of seen when i asked the gm while all the other epic drake drops in wotlk could be use with out artisan flying,but when i got the one from OS on my hunter(my 2 other 90s have fast flying) and asked why it wasn't updated. they told me it needed artisan flying...
He may have taken this to mean you thought there'd be an item to use, but no such item came. It's not that strange a reading of that phrasing.

I'm glad players were able to help you out, though ^.^

But there was no mention of an item and this is the part that really made me chuckle.

"So instead of looking like fire, they are green flames. :)"

Flames...fire...flames...fire...

#mindblown
No, but there was no mention that your spells weren't firing in the right color either ;) It reads similarly to "I did not receive any cookie", which refers to an item with the same phrasing.

And yes that part of the response is pretty funny. =) It's not fire, it's green fire!
Seems to me the GM failed reading comprehension there.

There should have been a place to mention that in the post-GM survey/review thing.

At any rate, I'd open another ticket and make sure they understand the last GM misread it.
Seems to me the GM failed reading comprehension there.

There should have been a place to mention that in the post-GM survey/review thing.

At any rate, I'd open another ticket and make sure they understand the last GM misread it.

But his issue was resolved, so putting in another ticket would only serve to backlog the gms even more = )
Well, I am not sure how else to put it. It was a quest for "green fire".

I stated I had not received my "green fire".

Perhaps, I should have said something like, "Dearest GM person, I did not receiveth my spectacular, glowing spells of flame from the bosom of my fallen foe."
11/26/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Aarschott

This sounds like you were expecting to receive some item you use to turn your spells green.

So the GM answer was relevant.
You do not "receive" any green fire, as he said.

Your spells just become green in color, instead of fire red.

That was my interpretation of it. Sounded like the OP was expecting to receive something.
Definitely worth mentioning in the survey, though. I can easily see how the GM read it, but it's still not what OP meant. And his intended meaning isn't all that weird to take from his phrasing either. It's not like the OP said something about penguins expecting a reply about green fire (of course, neither did the GM give a reply about penguins ;)). It's a relatively minor miscommunication/misunderstanding, but it may still be worth mentioning so the GMs realize to cover both possibilities when they get an ambiguous message. ...I would not be surprised in the least if they have gotten messages from people who thought there'd be an item to use at the end.

Perhaps, I should have said something like, "Dearest GM person, I did not receiveth my spectacular, glowing spells of flame from the bosom of my fallen foe."

Holy crap, you totally should have ;)
That was my interpretation of it. Sounded like the OP was expecting to receive something.

I was expecting to receive something. My spells being green fire.

Judging by this response, as well as your previous thread, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that you were less than polite with your GM.

You could have said, "I completed the quest, but my fire is not green." That would have gotten the point across just fine. Instead, you choose to publicly lambast someone for a misunderstanding that both of you participated in.
11/26/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Victimize

Remember 90% of the questions posed to GM's are resolved much like "Did you try restarting it?"
Most of the tickets are probably nonsense, and are a result of a players inability to read or look something up on wowhead.

If i was a GM with the way your question was asked, i can see why he answered it in the way he did, since it does sound like you were expecting a quest reward item of some kind and not just "instant green fire spells" which i do know is what you meant.

Give the GM some slack, your ticket was probably 1 of 300+ he had to answer for the day and is trying to do his best to satisfy everyone.

Pouncy...your comments always make me smile.
Judging by this response, as well as your previous thread, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that you were less than polite with your GM.

You could have said, "I completed the quest, but my fire is not green." That would have gotten the point across just fine. Instead, you choose to publicly lambast someone for a misunderstanding that both of you participated in.

I posted exactly what I said to the GM. I am unsure how you would say that was not polite. You coming in here accusing me of not being polite, is not very polite.

Also, it is not really publicly insulting someone, considering there name is not mentioned. There are a lot of game masters. Simplistically, you are just looking for trouble. So, go away.
OP, if you did the quest and your Warlock's spell fire has not gone from normal to green, I'd say the GM did not resolve your issue. There should be an option to reopen the old ticket unless they fully closed out and deleted it.

You may be able to open the old one; if not, open a new one and fully inform them with phrases such as, "the fire I throw is not green, as per the quest for Warlocks which should show in the game engine as complete on <Warlock's name>.