So Long, and Thanks for All the Spectral Fish

General Discussion
Prev 1 38 39 40 101 Next
You were always forthcoming, honest, and open about this wonderful gaming world you've helped create. You bridged the gap between the player base and the development process in a way I've never seen in any other company, let alone a gaming company. Over the years, you've earned the respect of millions in a community that does not give it easily. You've shaped the gaming world, and helped WoW grow from gaming subculture into a household name.

Thank you for your years of service to the community, you will truly be missed!

Good luck in your new endeavors, and godspeed good sir.
farewell.
I wish I had gotten to know you more during my short time here. Every experience with you has been great. You'll be missed both by Blizzard and the community :)

Good luck with the next opportunity!
Those so dedicated to a game, to the fanbase behind it, are few and far between it feels sometime in the video game industry. Opinions aside, for better or worse (depending on if your class was getting a buff or nerf), Ghostcrawler listened to us. He was active and vocal, in ways most game devs would never dream of being. A focal point for either our adoration or rage, you always seemed to take it in stride with a healthy amount of snark and good nature.

This game, and perhaps the fanbase wouldn't be the same without you; without any of our lovely shining blues here in the forums. For better or worse, this game would not have been the same without you, and will not be the same with you gone.

May da Loa be givin' ya strength and be protectin' ya on ya journeys. /salute

And don't forget to come back and say "Hi" to us all every now and then.
Farewell Ghostcrawler. Wherever you may go, may you still continue to find some spectral fish. <3
Best of luck, oh exoskeletony one!

And I better be seeing Crabby come April 1, GC at Blizz or no. I'm putting my foot down!!!
Thanks for everything Greg. I absolutely loved looking forward to what you had to say for the community. It takes a really special person to have to deal with the community's frustrations. I'm not sure what we'll do without you.

You've been a hero to myself, someone that I can look up to. It seems silly to look up to an employee at a company as a hero, I'm sure. Considering my aspirations, and how caring you were towards your community, your employees, and your work, you're still a hero to me.
I guess I won't get the opportunity to see you when I finally get through college and work at Blizzard. Ah, well... either way, hope to be there soon™!

I really wish you luck on future endeavors. Considering your status and skills, though, I doubt you'll need the luck!

And again, thank you. Thank you for your love for the job, the game, and us fans/customers. Thank you for your patience and kindness, and being a great person to aspire to be.

-Trystt
Guild Master of Tistian Trusaders (My guild is already buzzing about you moving on T_T)
Hydraxis, Horde
Stay safe out there Greg and good success :) You did a lot for WoW and I want to thank you for that!
Good luck with other endeavors.

I'm not sure if it's already been answered but does anyone know who the next Lead Systems Designer will be?
Goodbye, little crab, and good luck.
Happy hunting, GC. I hope that your new endeavor is fun, inviting, and good for the soul. Thanks for helping create part of a game I've been playing for years. :)
Farewell Greg Street aka "Ghostcrawler",you will be missed.Good luck on your future endeavors.Nothing wrong with change or as a quote from a character in the movie Dune says.......

"....a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens."

-Duke Leto Atreides
Like us, you want the game to be the best that it can be. So I ask you to keep on providing your feedback. I promise (and I rarely promise!) that the developers care very much about what you have to say.

Then there is a 200+ thread on your changes to flight that needs reading. And replying to.

A great deal of people are very unhappy with what you've done. I understand and accept that this is what you see as part of WOW's future...but in this one, IMO at least, you have misread the community.

I have never met you, but as one person to another, games etc aside, I wish you luck. Taking a step outside the box after so many years can be a hard and sometimes risky venture.

We may never see eye to eye on gameplay, that doesnt matter.

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horrors in the Halls of Stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Good journey, Ghostcrawler. We'll keep a candle in the window for you, should you ever want to find the way home again.
774th. Best of luck out there and with your future endeavors.
:( Nooooooo Greg!!!! please ill miss you to much!!!! Well since you are leaving i wish you the best with whatever it is your doing!!! :)
Safe travels!
Quick! Someone look through all 25 heroic US raiding guilds that have at least one holy priest but no (good) disc priests! I kid. ;p

On a more serious note, I haven't been playing this game nearly as long as some here--just since the end of cata. But I've followed you on twitter and seen your enthusiasm for this game. Thanks for all your hard work and patience. You will be missed!
I still miss the fun times on the DD forums during Wrath when you'd debate the intricacies of classes.

It was so nice getting an insight into how classes actually ticked, it was a shame when you moved off to twitter and it's a shame you're leaving now.

Wish you luck.

PS. There had better be a ghost crab mount in the future... GIVE... we need crabby.
I'm bummed :( Very sad to see you go. I was very happy with the design changes you implemented for the game during your time here, as well as the great dialogue you had with the community.

Good luck with whatever you do!