Winterhoof/Kilrogg Merge

Customer Support
On Monday November 25, Winterhoof was merged with Kilrogg. Since this has occured trade has been full of Kilrogg players bashing and at length treating the players of Winterhoof as second class citizens.

Players of Winterhoof try to sell, trade or buy items in trade channel almost immediately get insulted and bashed. Winterhoof guilds can not recruit in trade without same results.

It has gotten so bad that some of the players I know that are generally helpful and nice have begun dishing out blistering triades to Kilrogg people.

It has also come to attention to few Winterhoof players that when they are invited to a raid hosted by players of Kilrogg they are not entitled to any loot and heaven forbid you join a dungeon group with them and hit need on any gear.

There have been several Kilrogg players and this is a direct quote, 'Kilrogg is an original server and you people from Winterhoof are just riding our coattails to get your raids done. Winterhoof is a good for nothing server and at best full of losers and noobs that can barely turn on their computers much less play WoW."

With this kind of abuse that has been occuring on a daily basis between Killrogg and Witnerhoof, as you can guess interactions and just general social kindness is at an all time low.

Many of us have reported the foul language and spamming when it was apporiate and now for the most part the cussing and racial/sexual slurs have stopped. But the outright abuse is still ongoing and unfornately that is not enough reason to report such behavior cause jerks are allowed to be jerks.

How are the people of Winterhoof suppose to progress and enjoy the game when it appears people of Kilrogg will go out of their way to grief us (while questing and doing dailies) to out right shouting insults in trade and general chat.

Winterhoof was a very friendly, family oriented server and since Monday there have been many people asking those in trade to keep it clean because our kids do play.

I was under the impression server merges was suppose to enhance game play for the servers, but from my standpoint that has not occured in any way shape or form.

From a Winterhoof player, I am asking someone to look into this issue and maybe consider removing this merger from our server.

While I understand there are some Winterhoof players might not have issues., but if anyone from Customer Servers, to gms. to developers take 5 minutes and watch trade chat and general and see how far down the cesspool Witnerhoof has traveled on the last few days.
I agree, Blizz has ruined the Winterhoof environment. It used to be a great family server that my son and I started playing on together. Now we will either cancel our accounts or search for another server that was like Winterhoof before 11/25. Not everyone from Kilrogg is so rude and "adult" but there are too many to continue to report/ignore.
I wrote a post telling Blizz they need to do things to forge a new community...common forums, a name for the combined name, etc. At least I was right about what might happen on some servers.

Maybe they will listen now.
Kilrogg is to Shelbyville what Winterhoof is to Springfield.
It's unfortunate that Blizzard doesn't show more care in what they are doing, talk about taking a machete into a surgery. They are trying to combine servers to make them more populace but are going to cause many more people to leave. So they are just compounding the issue.

If they want to combine servers, get rid of the name.server so that no one knows where anyone is from. That will hopefully ease the Winterhoof bashing. It won't do anything for the fact that these two servers had pretty much totally different player bases. Family type players vs more hardcore raiders.

Even if Winterhoof players wanted to raid, a lot of Kilrogg people won't even accept Winterhoof people into raids they are trying to form. Which is a catch 22, they need more gear to appease the Kilrogg people but can't get it because they can't get into raids.
They're trying to combine servers without blatantly admitting the game has lost a ton of players and shutting down, merging several server's playerbase is the only solution.
Honestly I'm not surpised. I have heard of merged servers going at each other, nothing this bad of course. Just the typically refusing to sell to the other side or do anything with them. Which is the problem when you get merged with basically a troll server. More so if you transfered to get away from it.

Though I have heard you can't add people to friend list from the merged server.. which if that is true seems whatever broken there. Though maybe within time it will settle down.. though doesn't help that you always see who is from what server.
That's just awful. Really would like word directly from Blizzard about these kinds of things on merged servers rather than sticking their heads in the sand and keeping quiet about problems like this. I also heard about a lot of technical issues, like vanishing characters as well.
I still have a few horde characters on Winterhoof from back in the day.. It is sad that there are people that are so set on ruining others play. There used to be a time when people who acted like this, if you'd report that player behavior to their Guild GM something would be done.. Unfortunately now.. today.. I don't think anything will happen.

All I can offer you is to continue to fight the fight.. If the players are specifically harassing players report the harassment. I know it isn't much, but it really is all I can offer in any form of suggestion.
Is it the Horde or Alliance side you're talking about?

Because i have Horde characters on Kilrogg, and i was looking forward to playing them soon, but then i found out the horde side of kilrogg is the minority now, and the server we merged with has a similar horde alliance ratio.
I don't have any horde toons on Winterhoof, but I have heard the same thing is happening on horde side also.
I agree, Blizz has ruined the Winterhoof environment. It used to be a great family server that my son and I started playing on together. Now we will either cancel our accounts or search for another server that was like Winterhoof before 11/25. Not everyone from Kilrogg is so rude and "adult" but there are too many to continue to report/ignore.

You are so wrong there. Blizzard didn't ruin it. The player base from the other server did.
its the same kinda stuff of horde winterhoof with killrogg.. my ignore list filled up on monday from people of the killrogg server. i play the game with my little cousins and honestly i can understand some things but the level of disapintment in the player base from killrogg goes past that of even moonguard and well thats scary.
If they're going to merge servers they just need to merge it into a different name. Not even pick one of the old ones just completely make it a "new" server. It is sad that they're merging servers because they no longer have the player base required for so many of them.

Silver Hand would love to have you. :) We have yet to merge and it is very quiet here.

I must say though I'm not surprised about this attitude which is very sad. We're all playing the same game, who cares what server it's on? The only difference is if it's PvP, PvE, or RP.
Kilrogg has been my primary server since launch. I've met a lot of good people there, but it doesn't surprise me there are plenty of douche bags acting like that.

My advice (and something I do with every new character) would be:

/leave1
/leave2
/leave3
/leave4

I seriously have not seen any channel except local defense since vanilla. I even hide /y.
Is it the Horde or Alliance side you're talking about?

Mostly Alliance on the two realms; I've sat in on a few trade chat sessions on the Alliance-side there to see how it was going. It could be Horde too for all I know.

You are so wrong there. Blizzard didn't ruin it. The player base from the other server did.

Blizzard chose to connect a day-one realm currently ranked 31 in the US with a realm created in Wrath currently ranked 197 (according to WoWProgress), with the realm ranked 31 having a much higher population than the other. How were they not able to predict a little bit of elitism and friction would take hold between those two realms? (primarily Kilrogg ----> Winterhoof though)
Eh, when Zangramarsh and Hellscream were merged.

At first it was a total war.

Than Zangramarsher's realized Hellscreamer's (Er, just Sellstorm rather) controlled the auction houses.

We have a treaty at this point.
Jeez.. I think our servers tease each other, but overall, we don't have any trouble with trading things and inviting people from all servers to celestial kills or flex runs, etc.

I'd be lying if I said we - as players - do not have opinions of other players on our connected realms as a whole, but we don't really discriminate or mistreat each other from what I can see. Everyone generally has an alt in everyone else's guild, I know that our GM asks that we don't come off rude publicly (in channels like trade) so that people didn't obtain a false impression.

I guess I can't expect people to have the same experience that I've gotten, but I almost can't believe how insanely different those experiences are. Wow.
Kilrogg has been my primary server since launch. I've met a lot of good people there, but it doesn't surprise me there are plenty of douche bags acting like that.

My advice (and something I do with every new character) would be:

/leave1
/leave2
/leave3
/leave4

I seriously have not seen any channel except local defense since vanilla. I even hide /y.

That's a terrible way to play a MMO, where player interaction is a foundation of the game.