Winterhoof/Kilrogg Merge

Customer Support
Jeez.. I think our servers tease each other, but overall, we don't have any trouble with trading things and inviting people from all servers to celestial kills or flex runs, etc.

I'd be lying if I said we - as players - do not have opinions of other players on our connected realms as a whole, but we don't really discriminate or mistreat each other from what I can see. Everyone generally has an alt in everyone else's guild, I know that our GM asks that we don't come off rude publicly (in channels like trade) so that people didn't obtain a false impression.

I guess I can't expect people to have the same experience that I've gotten, but I almost can't believe how insanely different those experiences are. Wow.

But that's also going to vary.

Even if the majority of the players on all realms involved are nice, it's the relatively few extremely verbally abusive players that ruin the game for the rest. And Blizzard has a record of turning a blind eye, thinking that ignoring the problem is a solution.
Does Blizzard care so little about their player base to even comment on this?
It'll die down mate. Eventually, there will be no distinction between the two.
Does Blizzard care so little about their player base to even comment on this?

If you want a Blue post, Sunday is NOT the day to do it.

Their all off.
I'd troll them back by asking where there world first boss kills are at.
guys im sorry this merg was a bad plane blizz you need to fix it and fix it now
Kilrogg has been my primary server since launch. I've met a lot of good people there, but it doesn't surprise me there are plenty of douche bags acting like that.

My advice (and something I do with every new character) would be:

/leave1
/leave2
/leave3
/leave4

I seriously have not seen any channel except local defense since vanilla. I even hide /y.

That's a terrible way to play a MMO, where player interaction is a foundation of the game.

For some people, yeah. Maybe even most. But it works for me and I have fun. And I play that way on all servers, not just Kilrogg.

But I group with random people out in the world if they're willing, help others (regardless of faction) if they're in trouble, and get my fill of player interaction from other people milling around or in battlegrounds.

To me, WoW is a fun game that just happens to be an MMO.
12/01/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Disclosure
Is it the Horde or Alliance side you're talking about?

Mostly Alliance on the two realms; I've sat in on a few trade chat sessions on the Alliance-side there to see how it was going. It could be Horde too for all I know.

You are so wrong there. Blizzard didn't ruin it. The player base from the other server did.

Blizzard chose to connect a day-one realm currently ranked 31 in the US with a realm created in Wrath currently ranked 197 (according to WoWProgress), with the realm ranked 31 having a much higher population than the other. How were they not able to predict a little bit of elitism and friction would take hold between those two realms? (primarily Kilrogg ----> Winterhoof though)

Blizzard probably didnt have reason to believe that one server would be a giant bag of a certain feminine hygiene product to the other server. So once again, I state that the fauly lies not with Blizzard, but with the player base.
I'd troll them back by asking where there world first boss kills are at.

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/kilrogg/Modest/rating.tier16_10

Is US 2nd/World 18th close enough? lol

Edit: Not saying this particular guild is causing any trouble.
Winterhoof Alliance resident here.

The bashing was pretty bad the first day, as was the trolling in general. A few of us were expecting it to die down after a while. I can't say if it has or not though, since I've mostly avoided sitting in trade for extended periods of time since that first day ended.

Problem is trolling is a vicious cycle. A few Kilrogg people mentioned they've never seen trade this bad before. Like my Mom says, "one coin in a pocket is silent, by two coins make a racket." It's possible we're just witnessing what happens when you put lots of trolls together in a smaller environment.

I also can't speak to trying to get into a Kilrogg pug, though I haven't needed to ask to join a non-oQueue pug since the expansion started, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.
I don't understand... I thought people owed allegiance to their faction, not their server? Why are there people being shiz-holes about this?

Realm pride is a pretty big thing, or at least it used to be. A realm is a community, no matter how watered down it has become -- especially on smaller realms. When two communities are forced together, there's probably going to be some friction and pride involved, especially for people who have been playing on their realms for many, many years.

Remember when there used to be realm rivalries, like Medivh vs. Mannoroth, Frostwolf vs. Tichondrius, and Uther vs. Lightbringer (heh heh)? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Well, now we have two servers full of trade trolls jockeying for the number one troll position :D

Since neither server (or players) are in the "Top Ten" list of anything, we know the "bragging" is a bunch of baloney.

Liberal use of /ignore works extremely well to clean up Trade Chat.

On the bright side, the Mini-Game "Report Language" is at an all-time high, so get yourselves a bucket of jelly beans and give yourself one for each "Report Language" every time you see language against the ToU.

Caution: You might have to buy jelly beans in bulk ;)

Give it time, things will settle down.
Well, maybe it will. Blizzard obviously doesn't care. Guess that's one of the reasons the game is going the way it is. Down.
Linu , what do you want from the SFAs? They are not in-game gm nor are they devs. They don't make policy or they can change it. Also, the devs do not come here for player feedback or input, and they cannot make people play nice with each other.
This is a social issue. Not something Blizzard can do much about.

If certain players are violating the ToS and chat policies, then by all means use the right click feature to report them for language.

They're not going to unmerge you nor are they going to police chat channels.

I doubt it[s the entire server, more likely it's a number of dedicated chat channel trolls who have simply found new targets.

Treat them the same as you would any troll. IGNORE THEM. They thrive on the attention. Don't give it to them.
Linu , what do you want from the SFAs? They are not in-game gm nor are they devs. They don't make policy or they can change it. Also, the devs do not come here for player feedback or input, and they cannot make people play nice with each other.

This thread was originally on General Discussion before it was redirected.
This thread was originally on General Discussion before it was redirected.

It was likely because the category of harassment generally falls under Customer Support. The best we can do is encourage folks to report inappropriate language and subject matter with the right click report option. Report for: Language.

Treat them the same as you would any troll. IGNORE THEM. They thrive on the attention. Don't give it to them.

Agreed. I'm sorry that not everyone seems to be embracing the change but it is unlikely to be undone. Please report folks who you believe to be violating our policies. It can seem overwhelming at first, but if you start with the most egregious offenders it will usually get better. Once the primary offenders are addressed it helps to curb the behavior of the others.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.