Moon Guard FAQ (by Kharnis)

Moon Guard
Prev 1 3 4 5

Wanna clean up Goldshire? Find a way to get rid of the off-server trolls.

Too bad you can't kite Doom Lord Kazzak to Goldshire anymore.
There is a way to purge the foul corruption of the Forest. You must head to the Highlands, the Twilight Highlands. And in the sanctuary of the red dragon you shall find a Twilight dragons attacking. You must kite these creatures to the place to where you feel is best to purge the corruption from our land. This is how order shall be restored.
01/03/2013 03:56 AMPosted by Borlox
There is a way to purge the foul corruption of the Forest. You must head to the Highlands, the Twilight Highlands. And in the sanctuary of the red dragon you shall find a Twilight dragons attacking. You must kite these creatures to the place to where you feel is best to purge the corruption from our land. This is how order shall be restored.

As good as that might make you feel, there's two problems with that:
1: Everyone that was killed by the twilight dragons can rez within 60 seconds.
2: You'll have a horde of angry lowbies that will report you for zone disruption.
How is the realm RP currently?
Shadow Council has its RP, but you have to look. Hard.
As a hard-core RPer my friends and I can face challenges of finding a larger group dedicated to it (and being able to leave IC, IC; instead of dragging it to OOC).
When I'm not hearing about Goldshire in MG, I'm hearing how Moonguard a Mecca for (Alliance(?)) RP.
I'm interested in transferring a character or two over, but I've had situations before where getting nestled into a new realm/guild can have its hiccups if you're used to the trends of the previous realm.
While i agree for the most part in avoiding goldshire sometimes its funny to just hang there without going into the inn and read the local chat and see the way people there are making complete and utter fools of themselves. Unfortunately though if your looking to go to he darkmoon fare theirs just no avoiding goldshire
Useful.
I would like to ask how things are currently on the server rp wise. I am thinking of moving a character here, and while I have not rp'ed here, I have elsewhere, so I do have a grasp of rp rules in general. I would be on the alliance side, I should probably add, I would think. Thanks in advance for any replies I do recieve and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Good day to everyone. I am looking to roll a new character in Moon Guard, any suggestions? I am currently making a backstory for my character and also what the personality would be. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Server wide the rp is going pretty well, I think. We are having joint rp right now between multiple guilds in Draenor Alliance side. I can't speak to Horde side. Moon Guard is shifting a lot more towards guild rp rather than walk up, but it still exists. That is liable to change once the expansion 'blast' has died down and people return more to Stormwind. RP will likely become more walk-up oriented again then, as it has with past expansions.
Im a bit confused on the what is and is not allowed as a name on this server.... can someone clarify it please?
Make it something appropriate of that race. For example, a Gnome can have the name "Fizzle springsocket" with your in-game being something similar. Every race has its own first and last name referring to their race in some way. Orc's won't have the same form of name as say a Troll :P. This is what I've noticed atleast.
Awesome server so far, learning the ways around ect. Thank you for this information :)
On the subject of queue times when new content launches: how long are the queues generally? And how long does the period of having to wait in queue last?
04/23/2016 07:25 AMPosted by Faerondil
On the subject of queue times when new content launches: how long are the queues generally? And how long does the period of having to wait in queue last?

Blunt Answer; You best get your popcorn and Netflix ready when you're in queue during, say, the launch of Legion.

Detailed Answer; Due to Moonguard being one of the largest servers in the game, you should expect queues within the thousands when major content comes around. You can either endure the tediousness or you can wait until all the hype's died down, and the queues are minimal or lesser.
07/09/2016 11:29 AMPosted by Shaveelir
Blunt Answer; You best get your popcorn and Netflix ready when you're in queue during, say, the launch of Legion.

Detailed Answer; Due to Moonguard being one of the largest servers in the game, you should expect queues within the thousands when major content comes around. You can either endure the tediousness or you can wait until all the hype's died down, and the queues are minimal or lesser.

I mean Blizzard is approaching the launch differently than they did with WoD.. Apparently. Don't take my word for it though, they simply claim that people will be able to get in without crashing the whole server or major lag disrupting everyone due to the amount of people. I think what they're trying to do with the Legion launch is to pace everyone at different points within the launch and stagger them.

I was on ED for the WoD launch at the time and I can tell you the queues were insane and even once you got in you'd be lagging your brains out. It might change or it might not, but yeah, you have to take some sort of precaution on queue times and server drops due to the size of MG.
"Be open minded, welcoming, and remember to give folks a chance... unless they feel differently about things than we do. Then you should report them to me so I can put them on our secret shun-and-harass list."

I don't understand why the OP would nestle this little nugget just above an otherwise useful collection of information. Not only is it largely divorced from the rest of the thread's content, it's also not in any way conducive to fostering a healthier community. If anything, it does the exact opposite.

If someone decides to use slurs or offensive language, it's up to you individually to determine whether or not you're okay with that. You can even tell your guild about it, who in turn should individually decide how they feel about this. This is more or less en large the official Blizzard policy as well, so long as you aren't spamming major channels with offensive language.

But crafting a sort "server seditionists" list as described in the OP is in itself a form of harassment. OP contradicts him/herself by advocating this, and it's pretty disappointing to see no one else pointing this out in eight pages of replies.

P.S.: Goldshire is revolting, but they have the right to do whatever they want with each other so long as it's done in private.
Helpful thread, thank you.

Just made a character on MG. I did some light RP'ing with random folks in Stormwind while waiting for dungeon queues and it was really pleasant. I had no gold or anything, but the community overall gave me 1,500 gold and 8 Netherweave bags among other things to get started.

I come from Bleeding Hollow (strictly PvP) and it's a very brutal server. Lots of buzzwords, no mercy, no remorse, ego-maniacal kind-of-place. What an amazing experience experience it has been for me making the switch here! <3

Goldshire Inn really caught me off-guard. A GM even warned me, but a part of me didn't take it seriously. I fell in love with it immediately. Yeah, the atmosphere is really silly and over-the-top, but I haven't seen that kind of ambiance since vanilla.

So again, thank you for this thread. It really helped answer questions and give me a general introduction to MG. I'm paying to move my guild over tomorrow!
Thanks for this post. I'm thinking of coming to this server from Cenarion circle, as I'm from the east coast and that is a pacific realm so its a challenge to be part of thing sometimes. I'm new to rp and would like to learn. Seem like I would get good support and not complaints. Thanks again
This is a great resource! However, for the addons section, I'd recommend TRP3 as well as or instead of MRP - it seems to be more popular on MG as of late.