What will change?

Customer Support
I'm curious as to what will happen if I dont buy Cataclysm, in regular WoW. Will I just be unable to play with certain races? Or will things still look the same? Will the physical alterations in the landscape happen on my game? I figure this is already been answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it anywhere...
Whether you buy cataclysm or not, the 1-60 zones will change.
I'm curious as to what will happen if I dont buy Cataclysm, in regular WoW. Will I just be unable to play with certain races? Or will things still look the same? Will the physical alterations in the landscape happen on my game? I figure this is already been answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it anywhere...

If you don't buy cataclysm, you won't be able to level past 80 (if you have WotLK), and you won't be able to make goblins and worgen. Everything else will change on your client, as the world changes are happening before Cataclysm even comes out with the "sundering" patch.

Things you would miss out on:

1. You can't fly in old-world Azeroth (getting a Flight Master's License requires Cata).
2. You can't level to 85.
3. You can't access Cata-specific content (such as Goblins, Worgen, and the Cata-specific 80+ areas).

You would still have access to everything else.