Getting ROCKED

Druid
What is the trick to Druid pvp healing? It seems like they always stunlock me and I drop dead in under 2 seconds.

Stablazar is my druid, about 1100 resili.

I try to run, shapeshift etc.. but in BG's I get dropped so quick.

any tips on druid pvp healing?
What is the trick to Druid pvp healing? It seems like they always stunlock me and I drop dead in under 2 seconds.

Stablazar is my druid, about 1100 resili.

I try to run, shapeshift etc.. but in BG's I get dropped so quick.

any tips on druid pvp healing?

1. Get more resilience.
2. Accept the fact that assist trains kill you unless your team peals or heals you. Working as intended.
Needs more kiting it sounds like. I don't know about you but with only 1250 resil I can stand pretty easily. Think my druid is full furious, wrathful offset and wrathful weapons.
Barskin/Thorns/Cyclone then travel form. Hope that the dps are smart enough to pull off you. Ususally they are more concerned with their yellow numbers rather than the green numbers keeping them alive.
Haha, yes that is true - most dps in BGs aren't smart enough to peel off a healer, they are just interesting in big yellow numbers. That is, of course, until they realize they died and then b!tch, piss and moan about no healing.
Try using Swiftmend less, since it pretty much gives you away in the crowd and makes players aware of your presence in healing...

Not to mention PvP is just broken now and people are abusing the power of roflspam10kcrits.
Are we talking about pugs or premade stuff here? It makes all the difference in the world.

Carrying around a staff paints a target on you. In pugs, you're the perfect distraction. I'd pick off two or three of the squishier allies for easy honor, let you die, run away, and stealth back up.

Nothing personal, but if I'm joining pugs I'm only there for the rewards and owe nothing to anyone else. It's so rare anyone heals in pugs that when they do, favors are not returned.
Make sure to be using Barkskin. Have the glyph for it and mash that button the second any melee looks at you. Its a quick CD so no harm in using it.

Stay at near max range away from the general group of opponents.

Melee? If you get hit by melee in your BG group pop barkskin and put hots on. This is the time to burn the PvP trinket. Heal yourself till someone kills the melee.

Ranged? If someone starts shooting at you back away from the fight while putting HOTs on yourself. That ranged guy will have to run into the main BG group to keep attacking you and they will just be lazy and move to another target.

Death Gripped into opponents? Barkskin and NS heal. Thats all you got really. It won't end well for you.

Use instant roots constantly. Trap any melee even looking at you funny...

My gear isn't very good. but I don't have all that much problem staying alive in BGs. Some fun times keeping the group alive are to be had.

Edit: Ha just looked at your gear. I have no idea how you ever die.

One suggestion is to pick up Natures Ward. It makes a huge difference when jumped by a rog since you can come out casting a Swiftmend on yourself right out a stunlock.

Unlike some DPS, we require a considerable amount of resil for it to be noticable.

1500 is where you start to be less squishie, I found. I run 1700ish currently; locks and mages can still potentially 3-4 shot if I am spell locked or CC'd. Heh.

Not looking forward to cata resto PvP at all, that's for sure.
The only thing that sucks hard about Druid healing is LB being limited to a single player

Make sure to be using Barkskin. Have the glyph for it and mash that button the second any melee looks at you. Its a quick CD so no harm in using it.

Stay at near max range away from the general group of opponents.

Melee? If you get hit by melee in your BG group pop barkskin and put hots on. This is the time to burn the PvP trinket. Heal yourself till someone kills the melee.

Ranged? If someone starts shooting at you back away from the fight while putting HOTs on yourself. That ranged guy will have to run into the main BG group to keep attacking you and they will just be lazy and move to another target.

Death Gripped into opponents? Barkskin and NS heal. Thats all you got really. It won't end well for you.

Use instant roots constantly. Trap any melee even looking at you funny...

My gear isn't very good. but I don't have all that much problem staying alive in BGs. Some fun times keeping the group alive are to be had.

Edit: Ha just looked at your gear. I have no idea how you ever die.

One suggestion is to pick up Natures Ward. It makes a huge difference when jumped by a rog since you can come out casting a Swiftmend on yourself right out a stunlock.

That has to be the worst advice i've ever read.

The best idea is to single yourself out by standing as far away from people who could assist you if you're jumped by 2 rogues?

You should have thorns as well as barkskin up depending on the melee attack speed of your attacker.

Run from a ranged attacker? Unless you are going to LoS them around a building you had better be running directly (this depends on how hard you are being hit for) at them while throwing dots and rooting them in place. Look for anything you can LoS behind while your hots'n'dots do their job.

DG? Why the hell would you blow your NS HT right when you get hit? You've just blown you're best panic heal cd right off the bat. If you get DG you need to insta-root the DK and travel form out of there asap. What's he going to do? DG you again? I think not. Now you have control over the situation and can fight on your own terms.

Sometimes you're just gonna get nuked down. It happens. I got hit by an arcane mage last night for 27k and another 15k with about 9k overkill. I have 1584 Resil. That's just how the game is right now.

edit for double quote
I am running at 1100ish resil, I do not have ANY problems when it comes to surviving, I actually find it to be the same as pre 4.0, you just have to get used to having to use your skull bash + bash more often. I also have been using regrowth much more than usual, heals for about 9.5kish, for 1.3 second cast.
1400 resil resto druid. I still get hit pretty hard at times, but 44% damage reduction does help a lot.

I've decided that resil alone isn't going to help me survive as much as simply avoiding getting hit. Since I started realizing that, I've been doing much better. My problem is that I wanted to be able to tank hits, and although druids have the tools to potentially take hits, I wouldn't recommend you put yourself in the line of fire.

As a healer, in order to do well, you're going to have to do something very unnatural for you - you're going to have to prioritize yourself over others. If you're going down and a fresh 80 with 25k max hp is going down, odds are he's not in much pvp gear, and a swiftmend would be better on you to avoid the risk of getting killed. You may want to permanently roll lifebloom on yourself, even when not getting attacked, so that you're ready for a quick switch.

Barkskin, as another poster said, is a very short and very strong cooldown when glyphed. I personally like to save it for when the first stun effect hits me, because it's during stuns that we tend to take the most damage.

Avoid damage at all cost. Run away from it. Be sure that if you're in a situation where you may be a viable target, stay close to LoS, or stay at max ranged from your opponents. Heal from the back lines, if there's a wall of your allies blocking. If you get noticed from 30-40 yards away, usually attackers have to move up to start picking shots at you, which hopefully means they become a target for your dps.

To counter melee, roots. To counter ranged, LoS. You'll quickly find that LoSing melee has... less than desirable results, while rooting ranged is a lot of the time pointless. A healthy mix of both will give you problems.

Don't be afraid to use cooldowns. This is a bit of a problem with me. Using tree requires a global cooldown, and you might not be able to spare it in the middle of a very tight fight, use it pre-emptively. Use NS+HT only if swiftmend is not available, and if you really cannot afford to cast at all. Tranq is also quite amazing for healing without needing line of sight, use it when you can't see all your allies at once, but they all need healing. Nature's grasp is the panic button of resto, and should be used fairly early in order to ensure the CD is up again.

If everyone on your team is fully healed, you can go above and beyond simply healing by preventing any damage from getting to your allies. Cyclone targets that aren't under fire, root melee to force blowing CD's, Faerie Fire rogues, spam cleanse roots off allies, and basically forcing the other team to slow down their attack.

Most importantly though, play everything very preemptively. Who is that enemy warrior targeting for charge, and can you start warming up spells on them? Is a larger force than your own coming towards you, and should you use tree form to start lifeblooming everyone right off? While stealthed, a large force is passing you to engage your allies, can you safely root one before they even get there? Once you make your first move, do you have a place to break LoS, or just simply keep out of view? Is that an ele shammy, and are you standing close to the edge?

Good luck fellow druid. We are not as hardy as the paladin, but we survive just as well as anybody when played right.
i ahve 1k resil and i am barely getting down to 40%,
Trick:
Keep Rejuv up, Lifebloom if you arent below 75%, swiftmend when u drop to 50% and spam regrowth when u are being heavily attacked, never use nourish unless noone else is going to attack you in about 10-15 secs

Most importantly though, play everything very preemptively. Who is that enemy warrior targeting for charge, and can you start warming up spells on them? Is a larger force than your own coming towards you, and should you use tree form to start lifeblooming everyone right off? While stealthed, a large force is passing you to engage your allies, can you safely root one before they even get there? Once you make your first move, do you have a place to break LoS, or just simply keep out of view? Is that an ele shammy, and are you standing close to the edge?

Quoting this, because this is the single most important key to survival, and applies to all classes, not just druids. Positioning and situational awareness is what separates great PvPers from average/decent PvPers.

Quoting this, because this is the single most important key to survival, and applies to all classes, not just druids. Positioning and situational awareness is what separates great PvPers from average/decent PvPers.

This, you'll never have enough resil to tank alot of players and even if you did its bad strategy. If you position correctly you won't get hit in the first place, especially in BGs. Always be watching the field while watching health bars at the same time and stay fluid/mobile.

Finally even as a good healer, you'll lose some battles. Other side might have more healers at that flag battle or outnumber you guys or even just outplay your team with less players. Know when to eject on a battle to stay alive, if all your teammates are dying and suddenly its a 2v11 and you're on the back lines theres no sense trying to be a hero and keeping those teammates up, you'll all just wind up back at the graveyard. Sometimes it feels bad but you can sacrifice teammates to stay alive and find the next battle to help them at.