Smite healing in PvP

Priest
This is a spec I'm going to tool with when I get home. Suggestions and criticism would be fantastic.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfMsRRcbcoroMh:qm0

I'm not even sure that Smite healing is viable in PvP, but I intend to find out.
Ive tried to use smite healing in BG's with little results :(
first problem is movement....nothing stands still long enough for it to benefit anyone unless they are right on top of u. If thats the case u can expect interrupts as the cast time is slow.

With the new advent of rated BGs... our main calling will be barrier and spot healing. Barrier is gona rock if used in league with AMZ of the DK's. Pool everyone in and precide to *%@@ everything with impunity lol. Maybe then....if timed right a smite heal will be usefull...if u can hit the target before it dies within ur blood thirsty allies killing them in the zone.
Well, it depends on what you mean by "viable."

You're not going to be healing with smite solely. You will be using Penance, FHeal, PoM, Renew, etc. depending on the situation.

The advantage of Smite Healing is that when you have a period where you don't need to worry about keeping people completely topped off, you can start tossing out smites which will heal your melee groups (assuming you're casting into melee) and also provide you with stacks of Evangelism (for gaining back mana/+healing %)

I don't know what to critique...bulid seems okay. PW:S is one of the best spells in our arsenal and an instant cast. Might not hurt to buff that up with some of the other choices in the tree...but whatever suits your playstyle. :)
Well, it depends on what you mean by "viable."

You're not going to be healing with smite solely. You will be using Penance, FHeal, PoM, Renew, etc. depending on the situation.

The advantage of Smite Healing is that when you have a period where you don't need to worry about keeping people completely topped off, you can start tossing out smites which will heal your melee groups (assuming you're casting into melee) and also provide you with stacks of Evangelism (for gaining back mana/+healing %)

I don't know what to critique...bulid seems okay. PW:S is one of the best spells in our arsenal and an instant cast. Might not hurt to buff that up with some of the other choices in the tree...but whatever suits your playstyle. :)

Naturally, I figured I wouldn't be healing with Smite alone. I'm trying to spice up my former favorite spec by trying some new things, and I think getting a little more aggressive on offense will keep me entertained for a bit.

I took points out of Empowered Healing and put them into Reflective Shield. I'm wary about it because it's generally considered a useless talent, but with the numbers people are hitting for now 45% of a crit being throw back at the attacker would be nice. I might get the spell reflect metagem to augment that a little bit.

What's also gonna hold me back considerably is that my gear is tweaked for shadow spec, so I've been stacking crit instead of haste. Plus I have barely any spirit save for what's on my PvE offpieces.

I'm kinda excited to lvl cap at 85 so I can give my shadowspec Dark Evangelism/Archangel. Looks boomin'.
I gave it a whirl too. Can't say I hated it. It's been very useful for this AB weekend. Doesn't look like Atonement is proccing with every smite though.

I guess there are better things to be using those points on. Can't wait for Cata so my shadowpriest can pop wings. ^_^