Watch out for weakauras 2 scams.

Customer Support
1 2 3 9 Next
Watch out for the weakaruas2 scammers, they will ask for help with the addon and run a script that forces a trade. I got hit by this not long ago. Just thought I'd let people know not to help people asking for help with weakauras2, or at the least do it NOT in a party with them.

Happy gaming!
Weird.

I'd ask for more info on how that scam works, but it's probably best if you just sent the info to http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html
...how can a script force a trade?
Got a ticket with a GM?
For those interested in how something like this happens, Somebody put out a very informative video on how people do this. I am hesitant to post the link because some could interpret the video as a tutorial
<removed>

Basically if you guys want to protect yourselves, Don't import any scripts / Check the weakauras you currently have for any shenanigans or just disable the addon altogether
This happened to me today on two characters before I realized what was really going on. There was no trade window ever opened at all. No indication that anything had been traded. It was totally muted. I realized several minutes later after we broke party that my gold was gone. I put in a ticket and am still waiting for a response. Hopefully they will return what is rightfully mine. This is a very serious exploit and should be given the highest priority of attention since it allows someone to actually take your gold, in game, without your consent via trade window.
This happened to me today on two characters before I realized what was really going on. There was no trade window ever opened at all. No indication that anything had been traded. It was totally muted. I realized several minutes later after we broke party that my gold was gone. I put in a ticket and am still waiting for a response. Hopefully they will return what is rightfully mine. This is a very serious exploit and should be given the highest priority of attention since it allows someone to actually take your gold, in game, without your consent via trade window.

I'm not even rich and thats freakin terrifying :O
!!!!!! THIS better get fixed asap. i will be royally ticked if all my gold vanishes for no reason. i worked hard for this gold. until this is fixed im not grouping with anyone.

is LFR etc safe? or so far does it just affect normal party groups?
12/03/2013 01:18 AMPosted by Asotcha
!!!!!! THIS better get fixed asap. i will be royally ticked if all my gold vanishes for no reason. i worked hard for this gold. until this is fixed im not grouping with anyone.

is LFR etc safe? or so far does it just affect normal party groups?

You cannot trade gold between servers, so in a sense yes.

You cannot trade gold between servers, so in a sense yes.

GOOD. does it work if you dont group up? i dont want someone doing a "drive by gold swipe"

Just don't use the addon and you should be fine.
lots if people use this addon though. and if this addon can do this, what is stopping future addons from doing it? they are gonna have to close the loop hole some how.
HOLY FECES! That's terrible! I hope they fix this asap.

In the linked video is does not even require a group. its through add on exploit. The example shown in the video was simply walking up to a mailbox and have all your gold mailed off without a warning. It seems Blizzard will have to put more locks on what scripts can and cannot be used.
Weakauras devs are going to need to post something or they will have a huge PR fiasco on their hands.

In the linked video is does not even require a group. its through add on exploit. The example shown in the video was simply walking up to a mailbox and have all your gold mailed off without a warning. It seems Blizzard will have to put more locks on what scripts can and cannot be used.

...how can a script force a trade?

Theres scripts to talk to a npc and turn in a quest without the dialog ever poping up. Theres also scripts that lets you check your mail and withdraw everything (which some market add ons use) so I guess an exploit of this caliber was only a matter of time.

I hope they ban the accounts doing crap like this.