Are warlocks OP?

Warlock
ATM lock have a easier time to top many fight and the rest is won by tanks.

Parsing high at this point in the tier is less about how strong a class is, but how good can certain classes pad / scum meters. If you're parsing high on fights atm (myself included at times) then your raid is mostly geared enough to ignore most of the mechanics and just cheese numbers, it has nothing to do with how good a class is in general.

We're well-rounded and very strong, but not overpowered, when it matters during progression. Farm parses mean nothing 90% of the time.
Its pretty OP
Overall: Our best utility spell yet, Demonic Gateway, was apparently somehow too strong on many fights ( and battlegrounds ), and so it's been restricted mechanically to the point where finding a place you can actually cast the spell is a challenge, not to mention a place where the gateway will also benefit someone.

PvE: We were too strong at the launch of MoP, and we remain significantly stronger than we have been in past expansions. Blizzard has gone to great lengths to reel us in. It's not our dps numbers that are the problem here, it's the fact that we can live so long and help the raid so much while still pulling those numbers. As a result, our survival and utility has gotten quite a few nerfbats and will probably see a few more in WoD.

PvP: Coming from the perspective of a PvE player, I feel significantly weaker when I hop into battlegrounds than I did in Cataclysm. The survival and utility nerfs are felt very painfully here; not to mention that we're still down one CC spell overall from what we had in Cataclysm ( we have to choose between Mortal Coil and Shadowfury ). Ember Tap means we can ( sometimes ) live a little longer, but really, pvp feels less than fun for me. I'll do it with friends, I'll do it with guildies, but I feel no inclination to queue solo anymore - and it's not due to lack of skill or, according to Blizzard's new Extreme Base Resilience philosophy, gear.

Were we OP at some point during this expansion?
A little, yes.

Are we OP now?
That's arguable.
Varies per spec, imo. Some specs are thoughtless with high dps output while others that actually take skill are severely nerfed.

It's so easy to spot a butt hurt demo these days.
No you prob just suck.
12/04/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Henius
Varies per spec, imo. Some specs are thoughtless with high dps output while others that actually take skill are severely nerfed.

Not as easy as it is to spot a faceroll destro lock though : )
With that being said, demo is fine when played to it's maximum potential, problem is 90% of said butt hurt demo locks just can't get it down right
With that being said, demo is fine when played to it's maximum potential, problem is 90% of said butt hurt demo locks just can't get it down right

More like there's no real reason to be Demo right now.

Now it's what one would consider a dead spec. There is simply not much of a reason to play it barring a few outliers. Anything it can do Affliction and Destro can also do at a comparable level or better. Demo doesn't pull bad results, but it really boils down to why play it?
Not in PvP. They're my first dps target - and not just because warrs are a traditional counter... So few use, or even prepare their port and gateway. Other than that, dots don't hit hard enough without a full trinket/Dark Soul application. The cast times are WAY too restrictive for destro especially when I have (and it amuses me) Pummel, silence shout, Warrior HOJ (Stormbolt), Tauren racial, charge x2, reflect x2 - good luck with your casts bro, you'll need it.
Warlocks are epic, brings so much fun with 3 completely different specs. I've come to really respect them :)
Overall: Our best utility spell yet, Demonic Gateway, was apparently somehow too strong on many fights ( and battlegrounds ), and so it's been restricted mechanically to the point where finding a place you can actually cast the spell is a challenge, not to mention a place where the gateway will also benefit someone.

PvE: We were too strong at the launch of MoP, and we remain significantly stronger than we have been in past expansions. Blizzard has gone to great lengths to reel us in. It's not our dps numbers that are the problem here, it's the fact that we can live so long and help the raid so much while still pulling those numbers. As a result, our survival and utility has gotten quite a few nerfbats and will probably see a few more in WoD.

PvP: Coming from the perspective of a PvE player, I feel significantly weaker when I hop into battlegrounds than I did in Cataclysm. The survival and utility nerfs are felt very painfully here; not to mention that we're still down one CC spell overall from what we had in Cataclysm ( we have to choose between Mortal Coil and Shadowfury ). Ember Tap means we can ( sometimes ) live a little longer, but really, pvp feels less than fun for me. I'll do it with friends, I'll do it with guildies, but I feel no inclination to queue solo anymore - and it's not due to lack of skill or, according to Blizzard's new Extreme Base Resilience philosophy, gear.

Were we OP at some point during this expansion?
A little, yes.

Are we OP now?
That's arguable.

Very well said. Sadly when they drive balance in one facet they mess up the other. If they were to try and balance PVE then PVP would go from tough to impossible in some cases. We are very strong in PVE but not OP. In PVP we are decent but not a tier 1 dps atm. Im not crying about my class in PVP, rather our counters that are the issue as they recieved some major buffs in 5.4

12/04/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Belurion

Not as easy as it is to spot a faceroll destro lock though : )

I hope youre referring to PVE destro, as its not faceroll in PVP... But your demo comment is spot on!

12/04/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Varlth

More like there's no real reason to be Demo right now.

Now it's what one would consider a dead spec. There is simply not much of a reason to play it barring a few outliers. Anything it can do Affliction and Destro can also do at a comparable level or better. Demo doesn't pull bad results, but it really boils down to why play it?

Couldnt disagree more with this. Demo is fine, albeit mostly burst now. In PVP I can pull it off just fine. In PVE it may not pull the numbers aff and destro are pulling but its far from dead. Over nerfed? Hell yeah but definitely not dead...
I hate this line of thought, as it leads to nerfing a class rather than buffing others.

That's all I have to say about it.
Is being able to experience more content considered OP?

I finally found a class that allows me to defeat mobs that before I didn't even dream of...
Please, don't nerf us, just you know,...buff other classes.
In short, we've got really great kit, but its not all about DPS. We bring a lot, lot, lot of utility to a raid, and some of the best self surviability in a dps class.

Lets talk Destro Warlock:

1. Really high HP
2. Great defensive abilities and cooldowns(relatively hard to kill us in general)
3. Great movement(with engineering, becomes ultimate)
4. Ranged classes favored in SoO
5. Movement penalty very small with KJC(can do assembly line with melee).
6. Little or no penalty for target swaps
7. No ramp up time on dps
8. Great single target, cleave, and AOE
9. Lock Rocks, Summoning stones for out-of-raid utility
10. Brez, Gateways, Knock-back, Silence, Disarm, Dispel, pet, no pet options, for in raid utility
11. Multiple viable specs that both have niches, with interchangable gear.

There is a good argument to be made that we are "overpowered" vs other classes. Are we optimal and "the best" on every pull. Absolutely not. However, we run a very high average and don't have many "cons." Warlock is a really good class.

Edit: I was reading over this and realized that most of it could also apply to mages/hunters, so maybe its just me, haha! We aren't stand out, undisputed, OP GODS like the perception is, but in PvE, there ain't much wrong with us as Destro.
No, we have abilities that excel in numerous situations.
yes dey kild mine deth night nd deth night is teh mostest skilful class
12/05/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Nossindra

I just want demo back.

And looking at BL's logs with Zinnin and Shinafae kicking !@# in demo, it gives me hope.

HWF Bindings do that.

I just want demo back.

And looking at BL's logs with Zinnin and Shinafae kicking !@# in demo, it gives me hope.

HWF Bindings do that.

^

Consider the gear of the people playing demo and the raid comp they use. Any spec would look good given the gear and fast kill times lol.