Devs and CM's, please converse with us more=)

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
I like this thread. I like it a lot.

XD
12/03/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Mythox
GC used to post frequently on the forums. He stopped when the flaming got way out of hand. We (the forum community) messed that up.

Ghostcrawler? ... Pffff, you wanna talk Blizzard Employees, not just driven over the edge, but pile-driven over the edge, the goto example is Tseric.

Between the Warriors and especially the Shaman, he was basically a the WoW Forum's equivalent of a Saw victim.

Suffice it to say, the echo chamber effect when amplified by a million angry anonymous voices can lead to otherwise rational people devourering the hand that tries to feed them. While I too would like to see more visibility of Blizzard's presence on these forums (maybe note when a topic has been read by a blue, response or no?), that they're wary of the notion is no mystery.

Every utterance a promise, every denial a hate crime, and every inkling fuel for the flames. At least, such is all too often the case.
Jesus christ are you serious? You actually think what you say and them saying "oh we'll look into it" matters at all?

Here's a quote from Holinka an hour ago

While I acknowledge that tweet could have been phrased better, that was an out of context response to a conversation. I won't presume to speak for Brian, but according to my interpretation and within the context of that conversation, I think what he's trying to get across (within the limitations of Twitter) is that we make changes based on a perceived need, not merely because a volume of ideas for changes exist.

We say 'we'll look into it' all the time. I've said it many times myself, on a variety of topics, and it does alert us to situations where a change or adjustment is merited. If you don't believe that what the community has to say has an impact? Well, evidence of the opposite is all around you.

Making 90s out of those of my numerous alts who aren't there yet. 11th one last Saturday; 12th one "soon"™....

I plan to use my boost to play with opposite faction pals on a realm where my leveled characters are all one faction. Lookin' forward to it!

I don't think I can come up with a better retort than the person that the tweet was directed at:

Shouldn't the quantity of the output of ideas that are positively trying to help benefit the enjoyment of the game for a particular sub class who play it, including the pve people who complain about shadow being the lowest on the damage meters for this patch, have MORE of an effect on how the Dev's view a certain class? Not just priests, but Dk's, Ret's, and balance druids as well? And shouldn't it be brought to the table, if not from Blizzard, then from the community that has been quoted by a lead game developer on his "Farewell" address, that our opinions matter?
Besides the no flying thing:

I had an 80 year old man walk into my house the day after Thanksgiving. Never met the guy before. He just waltzed on in.

Then asked if he could get a ride somewhere.
Not much. Fell down stairs, sprained my ankle, spent Thanksgiving in the ER, set fire to the kitchen heating up leftovers, then got into a car accident trying to finish Christmas shopping on one foot.

But I'm still happy because I'm finally getting my hippo in the next expansion!! Thanks, guys!

Okay, I know it's called Fall, but you're not supposed to take it literally. I'm glad you're okay! Wish I had a Greater Heal handy for you, but I'm glad we could help give you things to look forward to!

I uh, hope all the shopping is finished now? And you have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen?

Theres a glyph that can alter the boomy's form to mimic that of an astral form..why? I like casters

I can appreciate a fluffy boomkin, but I prefer the classic caster look too. Though, in general, my personal affinity runs toward melee types.

Your vivid description really brings out so many things that are delightful about the class!
Your vivid description really brings out so many things that are delightful about the class!

Thank you.

I have, with the exception of maybe two dungeons, quested my way to 83. I didnt skip any content (outlevelled it yes, skipped it..no). Did ALL of Vasjir and loved it, saw that place for the first time on my first toon years ago.

The deeps remind me of the Barrier Reef, and of ocean sites I saw when scuba diving in Noumea and Fiji. Magnificent. Vanuatu has some spectacular places, Hawaii as well.

(Find the old volcano site on the western side of Oahu and go down sixty feet...theres an old volcanic stone tunnel that will, I am not joking, blow your mind. Such beauty defies description)

Looking forward to Pandaria, will be my fourth or fifth toon levelled there.
Besides the no flying thing:

I had an 80 year old man walk into my house the day after Thanksgiving. Never met the guy before. He just waltzed on in.

Wow. Awkward. Did you call him a cab?

I uh, hope all the shopping is finished now? And you have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen?

Yes and yes. And thank you for the well-wishes. : )
Also, you haven't lived until you've seen a moonkin in the sidecar of the chopper/mechano-hog.

Bucket o' chicken?

I like this thread. I like it a lot.

XD

Me too. It's nice to hang out and chat a bit. ♥

Did ALL of Vasjir and loved it, saw that place for the first time on my first toon years ago.

Y'know? I really, really like Vashj'ir. I thought it was beautiful. I'll still often level alts through Vashj'ir rather than Hyjal.

He might have been a leprechaun. Did you give him the ride?
Y'know? I really, really like Vashj'ir. I thought it was beautiful. I'll still often level alts through Vashj'ir rather than Hyjal.

I didn't do Hyjal until 85, I don't think :o

Vashj'ir has to be my all time favourite leveling zone, I have so much fun there. I love Zul'drak and Borean Tundra too.
Did ALL of Vasjir and loved it, saw that place for the first time on my first toon years ago.

I did Hyjal on my first toon - might have been a hunter, or a DK, can't remember now. Didn't like it. Went to Vashj'ir on the next one, whichever class it was. LOVED it. Except for the fact that no matter what I do, my lag is so bad I can't ever get the seahorse.... Yeah, I know you can't use it anywhere but Vashj'ir, but they're so.... cool, pretty, nifty, special.... *sigh*

Need to move to my kid's for a month and use her 40ms connect.
Will we ever be able to actually punt gnomes in game?
WOW is a terrific game, it is...but after nine years of WOW and Oceanic customers still stuck with the same horrible lag and random disconnections...:(
Bucket o' chicken?

With no legs. : (
WOW is a terrific game, it is...but after nine years of WOW and Oceanic customers still stuck with the same horrible lag and random disconnections...:(

Oh, you have 3 second lag too? I didn't realize it was that bad from over there.... I have a couple of good friends near Sydney who play, and they haven't mentioned it being that bad.

[No, I don't live in that region - I live in the US, but the only connection I have is satellite....]
See all these posts demanding the CM's and devs go and address each persons personal favorite forum or topic?

This is one of the main reasons the communication here doesn't work.
We try to communicate as much as we can. I can't speak for every CM (as we all have different duties around the office which can often take us away from the forums a bit), but conversing on the forums has been a personal priority of mine since I started here. I spend a large chunk of my day reading and replying when I feel I have something meaningful to add. I also collect a ton of feedback to bring directly to the developers for discussion.

I totally get the concerns about losing Ghostcrawler from Twitter. He's been one of the most candid and open developers in the gaming industry as a whole for a long time. Fortunately, he's not only developer responding regularly on Twitter! We actually have a list in one of the stickies on this forum with Twitter handles of several top developers. Generally speaking, any question you would previously have sent to Ghostcrawler, someone else on that list will be able to answer. The Community team's Twitter handles are listed in there as well. ;)

Greg will no longer be working with us here at Blizzard, but we're not going to let that be a stopping point to our interaction with the community. We're here for you guys.

What Lore said. Blizzard has actually lost lead designers before. Greg wasn't the first, but he was here the longest. Tom Chilton I believe came before Greg, but only stayed through BC. It's only a matter of time until Blizzard hires someone else if they don't already have a promotion for someone lined up. WoW isn't going to die unless the CEO either sells the company/game or goes bankrupt. At the worst WoW would go F2P.
Also, you haven't lived until you've seen a moonkin in the sidecar of the chopper/mechano-hog.

Bucket o' chicken?

Ahahahaha Daxx, too clever :P

This thread is full of win. It's awesome to see a CM hang out with us for a bit, so thanks! It means a ton :D

What I've been up to? Just leveling my Forsaken priest here. Never played a Horde toon all the way to 90. Figured I'd give it a shot, and I've loved every second of it. Also, thanks for the 9% leveling/rep boost. Made a HUGE difference.

This go around, I skipped Hyjal and Vash completely. I chose the Disc healer route in instances instead. Worked out great!
Oh, you have 3 second lag too? I didn't realize it was that bad from over there.... I have a couple of good friends near Sydney who play, and they haven't mentioned it being that bad.

Varies between......lemme see here....a good day is 185-190 home / world, a bad day is 500 / 600 ms or worse, with spikes up to 5000 ms.

I've had to abandon more than one raid with ms spikes in that range :(

See all these posts demanding the CM's and devs go and address each persons personal favorite forum or topic?

Faireday: asking that a CM pokes their nose in for a chat more than once every year in the Oceanic forums is hardly an unreasonable request.
12/03/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Daxxarri

While I agree that Vashj'ir is pretty, I have only actually completed all of the quests there once (on this character, I believe). I will never do that again, ever. I take my 80s out there long enough to earn the mount and then head out to Hyjal.
12/03/2013 08:41 PMPosted by Anikyre

[No, I don't live in that region - I live in the US, but the only connection I have is satellite....]

I raid with Aussies and have for 6 years. It's never been that bad for the majority of people and with the changes made a couple years ago it's only become better. The majority of the issues for disconnects are from the fact that Telstra sucks more than anything else, anymore.