Devs and CM's, please converse with us more=)

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
12/03/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Mirisanelle
Oh, you have 3 second lag too? I didn't realize it was that bad from over there.... I have a couple of good friends near Sydney who play, and they haven't mentioned it being that bad.

Varies between......lemme see here....a good day is 185-190 home / world, a bad day is 500 / 600 ms or worse, with spikes up to 5000 ms.

I've had to abandon more than one raid with ms spikes in that range :(

Oh, yes - for raiding that would really suck. I don't raid any more so lag isn't honestly much of an issue for me....
12/03/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Mirisanelle
Not everybody loves their chicken thunder-sized.

I kindas like the sparkles. The chicken form seems....odd. Ever seen a boomy on a mount? It's a weird sight...

It's one of the Seven Wonders of Azeroth.
Faireday: asking that a CM pokes their nose in for a chat more than once every year in the Oceanic forums is hardly an unreasonable request.

I would like to see the Oceanic forums addressed more too. That being said, the Oceanic players may want to post something besides the same topic over and over and make more use of the Oceanic GD.
12/03/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Me too. It's nice to hang out and chat a bit. ♥

The thread title caught my eye. Permit me an observation:

Under the heading "communication is a two-way street," it's quite refreshing when a dev or a CM drops in and leaves a tidbit of information regarding the subject of a thread. It's downright pleasurable when said dev/CM sticks around and reads the replies to that tidbit and addresses one or two or three or four comments made in reply.

I understand that the DevTeam needs to spend most of its time dev'ing, and you CM's have more to do than cruise the forums. It would, therefore, be more conducive to the art of communication -- when a dev/CM does have the time to drop in -- if we got more than "We considered that, but discarded it." When I was pre-teen my parents would give me the reason, "Because we said so, that's why." I'm not pre-teen anymore (and, sadly, haven't been for a long long long long long time). Not asking for trade secrets, or proprietary information; just a bit of the rationale behind the "No, we're not going to do that" or "Here's what we're planning to do." Not a treatise on the "why" but definitely more than a footnote.

Your presence/participation in this thread is a shinning example of what I'm suggesting.

*laughing* Oh, but it's Paw-mpkin Pie time, not cookies! Well, it was last week....

It's always paw-mkin pie time. That's SCIENCE.

What Lore said is on point. We do have a lot of duties to attend to that don't always directly involve the forums. We also try to interact via various mediums to make sure that we're reaching as broad a swathe of the playerbase as possible too.

A big part of the job is seeing what you guys are saying and relaying that to the Dev team. Sometimes it's better to watch and read rather than participate directly. Despite our best intentions, a blue post can be a disruptive influence that derails an otherwise productive discussion. Sometimes we just don't have a satisfying answer to a question just yet. Of course, sometimes it's just the thing for a great, productive talk.

Any way you slice it, we're around. And you can follow us on Twitter as well (looks like Anikyre already does): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933956493#2

But we're here now. Wanna hang out for a bit? What have you guys been up to?

Baneus has been levelling...well, another Baneus with his forum friends. It's the first time I've actually levelled properly for a while. Well, almost properly, I've got a couple of heirlooms.

I do have a question to ask, both for you guys and the community - are low level characters all this powerful now, or is it just hunters?

Context: I was killing two ravasaurs in Un'Goro at level 51 and a level 56 Devilsaur snuck up on me (nice to see that hasn't changed ;) ). I didn't really feel in any actual danger of losing, I simply switched my pets target and killed the Devilsaur and then the two normal mobs. The devilsaur had 4x my health.....
12/03/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Fairadey
Faireday: asking that a CM pokes their nose in for a chat more than once every year in the Oceanic forums is hardly an unreasonable request.

I would like to see the Oceanic forums addressed more too. That being said, the Oceanic players may want to post something besides the same topic over and over and make more use of the Oceanic GD.

What's the use of using the oceanic gd- no one will respond to it. Just like this thread- it's a topic that gets avoided.
What's the use of using the oceanic gd- no one will respond to it. Just like this thread- it's a topic that gets avoided.

Precisely.

The Oceanic GD forums will get more traffic if people know that they arent talking to themselves all the time.

A response and communication both ways is whats needed.

These forums are for us. It's up the the players to make the forum worth responding to.
Didn't Xelnath try to converse with the lock community?

Look how well that turned out....

He stepped across some lines.

In my opinion he lost sight of the bigger picture in his desire to be "the" warlock dev.
12/03/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Fairadey

These forums are for us. It's up the the players to make the forum worth responding to.

But these forums are more interesting. I prefer US players to most Kiwis and Aussies TBH....

We could post 100 useful, constructive threads every day. When those threads are ignored and no reply is forthcoming..whats the point?

No use in having any kind of conversation when you know the other guy aint interested in listening.
I didn't want to disappear suddenly, so I'm saying goodnight for now.

I'll be around again soon though. Thanks for spending some time with me guys!

Baneus has been levelling...well, another Baneus with his forum friends. It's the first time I've actually levelled properly for a while. Well, almost properly, I've got a couple of heirlooms.

I do have a question to ask, both for you guys and the community - are low level characters all this powerful now, or is it just hunters?

Context: I was killing two ravasaurs in Un'Goro at level 51 and a level 56 Devilsaur snuck up on me (nice to see that hasn't changed ;) ). I didn't really feel in any actual danger of losing, I simply switched my pets target and killed the Devilsaur and then the two normal mobs. The devilsaur had 4x my health.....

Hmmm. I can't answer that at the moment, since I don't have any toons appx that level that I'm actually "leveling" right now. I'm leveling RAF pairs in heirlooms and rested XP.... so that's seriously OP right there.
He might have been a leprechaun. Did you give him the ride?

Woke my husband type person up and made him do it. I get lost just going to the other side of town.

Come back soon- we don't bite very hard.
12/03/2013 09:05 PMPosted by Mirisanelle

We could post 100 useful, constructive threads every day. When those threads are ignored and no reply is forthcoming..whats the point?

No use in having any kind of conversation when you know the other guy aint interested in listening.

Unlike most, US or Oceanic or LA or Bra players, I do look at the Oceanic GD forums. The posts there even after it's initial opening has never been particularly constructive or frequent.

I do put some blame on Blizzard as I'm fairly sure most Oceanic players don't even know they have a GD forum aimed directly at them.
G'night Daxx! <3

Night bro.