Do you think WoD is the savior of WoW?

General Discussion
05/18/2014 09:12 AMPosted by Amarix
This is exactly the problem WoW has run into and why it's losing subs.

There is no one reason why subscriptions ebb and flow.

The only really supportable reason is that the game is approaching 10 years old. No video game grows constantly for 10 years.

WoW is doing fine. It's always been doing fine.

Anytime anyone claims to have the one reason as to WoW's imminent demise, we all start looking for the butterfly net and the crazy suit. Doesn't stop people from doing it for some reason. But it's really like waving a big red flag saying "don't listen to me, I'm nuts."
05/18/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Crepe

The only really supportable reason is that the game is approaching 10 years old. No video game grows constantly for 10 years.

Anytime anyone claims to have the one reason as to WoW's imminent demise, we all start looking for the butterfly net and the crazy suit. Doesn't stop people from doing it for some reason. But it's really like waving a big red flag saying "don't listen to me, I'm nuts."

I should clarify that of course it's not the only reason, but in my opinion it's the biggest reason why. I'm just excited someone finally worded it out the way I wanted to.
What the French pastry said.
There are so many things thet may or may not happen in WoD, that I like and hate it is too early to tell, ask again 6 months after the xpac drops.
05/18/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Crepe

That is the first butterfly net I have seen outside of a Gary Larson comic.

The game is getting old it has lost and gained people and will continue to do so for a long time yet to come.

Any choice blizz makes will cost and gain them subs.

Doom saying gains little other than wasting one's own precious and irreplaceable time.

Those of us who like the game will play it. Those who do not may stay around for friends or the social aspect or any other reason. But the game will persist for a long time to come.
Please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.