why classic and TBC was soo much better

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
Really the only answer people need is Blizzard saying no. I mean you can keep asking about it but for now, Bliizcon 2013 is the official answer against any and all questions of legacy servers.
I don't see an issue because Private servers would have no where near the money/ Employees blizzard has at it's disposal. They would just authorize the vanilla/bc servers that already existed today. So the first 2 points don't count but I do understand your next to but just how many people would be needed to maintain it? Unless p servers have the 1000s of workers blizz does.
Where's the wall of no?
Players are getting tired of buying the same game over and over again when all Blizzard has done since Wotlk is released large patches.

I can't believe someone would actually write something this ignorant.
Really the only answer people need is Blizzard saying no. I mean you can keep asking about it but for now, Bliizcon 2013 is the official answer against any and all questions of legacy servers.

Sure, it's there company but there is no need for them to hate us and make fun of us for this view. They don't just say no they insult the person.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo i feel the exact same way and many of my old and new freinds say that is missing from the game..... it makes me sad too know the game i loved is going in the wrong direction.

Says the OP which is playing a DK which first appeared in wrath :S /boggle.
Sure, it's there company but there is no need for them to hate us and make fun of us for this view. They don't just say no they insult the person.

Its almost as if they don't appreciate folks who break the ToS and use their content without license. Terrible of them to be mean to such people.
12/04/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Grobin
Players are getting tired of buying the same game over and over again when all Blizzard has done since Wotlk is released large patches.

The level of stupid in your post is astounding.

~Not you Grobin
Personally, the number of things I miss from classic are outweighed by the number of things I'm glad I'll never have to experience again.

I won't ever miss spending an hour in LFG chat trying to form a 15-man UBRS group - and then consequently having that group fail and having half of the people leave after one wipe. Then repeating the process for a couple of hours.

I don't miss two pieces of loot dropping for 40 people per boss. And 5-10 people in the raid lagging because their computers couldn't handle 40 people with mechanics. In addition, the bosses mechanics were generally quite a bit simpler back then, at least until you got into BWL - and even then there were sometimes only a couple of mechanics per fight (regardless of Vael/Raz, the guild breakers.) The raids themselves took longer to complete because getting gear was much harder, not because the bosses themselves were more difficult. I have to give an honorable mention to the AQ-40 trash between Emporers and C'Thun, though. People who complain about raid trash today would have offed themselves trying to clear that stuff.

No mass buffing, no mage tables, rebuffing in the middle of a raid boss because some buffs (shaman weapons, paladin buffs) only lasted five minutes, trash respawning during a boss encounter.

Since I've always been an enhancement shaman (my first ever character, my only main ever) I also don't miss being shunned in raids or forced to go resto for a raid spot prior to attaining dual-wield. Same with ret paladins at the time. I do, however, miss the classic Windfury. And proccing Windfury off of a Windfury proc that procced off of a Windfury proc that procced off of a Windfury proc...

I don't really PvP today, but I did back then. And aside from the obvious rock-paper-scissors imbalance of classes, you didn't get PvP gear from being good. You didn't really get high ranking PvP titles from being good. You got higher or lower ranking from being in the top percentage of honor earned that week. Which meant you could be the worlds absolute best PvPer, but if you only had 4-5 hours a week to do battlegrounds, you'd probably never get past rank 4-5. However, if you were awful, but played 8-10 hours a day, you could get the highest title and the best gear. Also, there was an INSANE amount of group and honor rigging on many servers.

On the subject of PvP gear, it sucked. Even High Warlord gear was replaced in BWL, since there were no defined PvP stats. Which meant if you were serious about PvP, you had to also be in a top raiding guild. Or else you would be stomped by high level PvE players.

I could do AV for two hours on a Friday night, go to sleep, wake up the next morning, have breakfast, and go back and continue the same AV that I left the night before.

No mass summons. No flying mounts (until BC, and then it was ONLY in Outlands, not vanilla territory.) 60 minute hearthstones.

There were no server transfers. If you wanted to be in a guild on a different server, or be in a top guild, you had to reroll on that server and start a new character from scratch.

You had your racial mount, and that was it - maybe a PvP mount. But since mounts took up space in your small bags, you actively tried not to buy too many of them.

There was always PvP outside of raid entrances. You had to go together as a raid group to the raid (usually Blackrock Mountain) and go in together. If you were late, you were in for some corpse runs. And some people were still picked off by mind-controlling priests from the opposite faction and forced to dive into the lava. Okay, maybe I miss that just a little bit :P

One of the things I half miss about old content, and half don't miss, was the time it took to down content. These days the top guilds get content down extremely quickly, because it's more skill based. It seems like the race is over too quickly. Some bosses were up for MONTHS in vanilla before their demise. C'Thun is worth a mention because of his bug, but Chromaggus, Onyxia, 4HM, Ragnaros... that's one reason I loved Yogg Saron and Algalon so much. Their raid decimation reminded me of the old days. On some servers, a lot of the top guilds ended up getting halfway or less through Naxxramas before BC came out. And even that was satisfying.

I also (kind of) miss having to wait for the tank to get aggro on the boss for 10-15 seconds (five sunders!) after the fight started before you started dpsing. And actually having to watch a threat meter, instead of going balls to the wall without fear you could possibly go above 30%.

I do, however, miss that Blizzard really didn't nerf difficult stuff too often. Yes, they nerfed C'Thun - because he was impossible. Aside from that, if you hit a brick wall, you didn't wait for Blizzard to nerf it to continue - you found a way through it.

I miss having raid bosses be unlocked by server progression. We have Isle of Thunder, yes - but it didn't have too much effect on guild ToT progression. I'm talking like AQ-gates or Sunwell style.

I miss having to get attuned to the next tier raids. I do not, however, miss the Onyxia attunement questline.

Unlike a lot of people, I miss having to farm dungeons to get the last rank of my skills. I know, I'm weird like that.

I miss barrens chat.

I'm sure there's a ton more on both sides I could state. To be clear, I thought vanilla was a blast at the time. None of those things mattered to me, because there was no alternative. It's just the way things were. I think the game is much better today than it was back then, though. Just one orc's opinion.

EDIT: @Bacon

So whats new since Wotlk? Name one thing that's new content.

I assume you mean raid content. Well, they completely overhauled almost every class when Cataclysm came out, the rotations became different. They got rid of talent trees and replaced them with 15-level talents. They implemented glyphs and new professions. They added two new races in cataclysm and one in Pandaria, as well as a new class. They changed stats and added expertise. They added reforging. They added the guild leveling system. They changed the raid lock system, and added LFR. I stopped playing in WotLK and came back towards the end of Cata, and it was like I was playing a different game, and that's without Mists. It seems to be that the change between WotLK and now is at least as great, if not greater than the change between vanilla and WotLK.

If all of that counts to you as just new content, I'm not sure what kind of changes you're looking for. Did you want WoW to revert back to an RTS?
I don't see an issue because Private servers would have no where near the money/ Employees blizzard has at it's disposal. They would just authorize the vanilla/bc servers that already existed today. So the first 2 points don't count but I do understand your next to but just how many people would be needed to maintain it? Unless p servers have the 1000s of workers blizz does.

Look at it this way... if they aren't going to make at least $50 million off it - they aren't even going to bother considering it regardless of costs.
That video has been debunked time and time again.
12/04/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Xelnath

~Not you Grobin

Then leave. No one will miss you.
That video is funny.

"Majority of players agree BC had the best raiding formula". A minute later: "Only 1% saw end game in BC..."

Yeah was great...so the majority is the 1%...fallowed by they will never get to feel the epicness of the game. By what he was pointing out they never, ever will. So basically the point of the video is so that they cater wow for him and the 1% like him.
12/04/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Baconizer

~Not you Grobin