Final Boss of Warlords of Draenor

Story Forum
If memory serves, one of the initial raids along with Blackhand and the Ogres, is a raid involving Terokk, the original lord of the Arrakoa that we see the spirit of in Burning Crusade.

No Arrakoa raids have been mentioned, though there is a five-man dungeon. Perhaps later in the expansion.

The initial raids are Blackrock Foundry and Highmaul which is an ogre raid.
Besides I'm pretty sure the stuff with Terokk happened ages and ages ago. Did you ever read the stuff the Arakkoa say about him? It sounds like ancient history, not 35 years.
I'd like to see Gul'dan end up being the end all be all badguy this time around. Here we have a character with the maximum amount of WarCraft Cred, nothing short of the most powerful mortal warlock in history, and above all else, he's a villain in his own right and mind.

The problem with Gul'dan and why he's not being seriously considered is Blizzard already admitted that the end boss wasn't one of the Warlords.

Unlike how they handled Garrosh and MoP I think they're going to keep the identity of the end boss to the chest this time.
01/04/2014 09:50 PMPosted by Seiryu
I'd like to see Gul'dan end up being the end all be all badguy this time around. Here we have a character with the maximum amount of WarCraft Cred, nothing short of the most powerful mortal warlock in history, and above all else, he's a villain in his own right and mind.

The problem with Gul'dan and why he's not being seriously considered is Blizzard already admitted that the end boss wasn't one of the Warlords.

Unlike how they handled Garrosh and MoP I think they're going to keep the identity of the end boss to the chest this time.

I see Gul'dan as a patch boss, possibly the Reg/Thunder King of the expansion. Although they did say that this expansion would tie into the next one, so if we are fighting the legion Gul'dan could act as either a Malkorok or a "Setback Kael" if they add in a heroic. I guess it all depends on what the next
expansion will be.
01/04/2014 09:50 PMPosted by Seiryu

Since it's stated that it's not an Orc it seems there are 3 possible options:

1. Murozond

2. Kil'jaeden

3. Old God
I would say it's between the Legion and the Old Gods. Both have a history of manipulation behind the scenes. The Old Gods have basically been shoved down our throats for the last two expansions, so it would be nice from a storytelling perspective for them to step back and take a breather and let the Legion reassert itself.
I would say it's between the Legion and the Old Gods. Both have a history of manipulation behind the scenes. The Old Gods have basically been shoved down our throats for the last two expansions, so it would be nice from a storytelling perspective for them to step back and take a breather and let the Legion reassert itself.
But it's the AU Legion, so they wouldn't be reasserting themselves, just asserting themselves.
01/05/2014 04:16 PMPosted by Guennivere
But it's the AU Legion, so they wouldn't be reasserting themselves, just asserting themselves.

Not necessarily.

I have a theory that after we screw up Gul'dan's immediate plans in 6.0 he'll fall off the radar for a couple patches. At this point if he hasn't already figured out that something screwy is happening with time, he will after we defeat (but not kill) him. Then late in the expansion he'll reemerge on our Azeroth and contact the Burning Legion from the main timeline. We'll have a second, final, confrontation with Gul'dan but not before he succeeds in opening the door for the Legion.

The true final boss of the expansion will then be either Kil'jaeden or one of the other higher-ups in the Burning Legion.
What if there was no final boss, like the game was an illusion of software magic?
Kil'jaeden would work for me. Hopefully with a "just a setback' line for maximum corny-ness.
I really would like the get a break from the Old Gods. I like them but I'm antsy for the Burning Legion.
My understanding of the Green/Red Orc thing is that it was different demons. The blood of Mannoroth turned the original Horde green, and the blood of Magtheridon turned the Fel Horde red.
My understanding of the Green/Red Orc thing is that it was different demons. The blood of Mannoroth turned the original Horde green, and the blood of Magtheridon turned the Fel Horde red.

Mannoroth's blood turned the Warsongs red in WC3.

I think it goes Brown + Blood = Green, and then Green + Blood = Red.
I wouldn't be surprised to see something sort of like this. We are also supposed to learn more the Naaru.

And the Naaru are pretty fail-tastic.

Dragging the Draenei from one world the the next.
Getting one world after another destroyed.
All the inhabitants of the worlds, corrupted and absorbed by the legion or killed.

And what, the Naaru NEVER save ANYONE else fro all of those countless worlds?

The Draenei basically heralded doom to any planet they showed up on.

And the Naaru were useless in defending the Draenei from anything. At best, the Naaru could serve as batteries for a dimension-travel ship. But of course it was only big enough to save the Draenei and nobody else, ever.

Eventually, you would think that some Draenei are going to look at the situation and think, "Oh snap, we've just been running around the universe with a bunch of glowing coke heads. What are we REALLY going to do, man????"

I keep thinking the big reveal eventually will be that the Naaru aren't so good after all. Metzen loves taking from other sources and the Naaru seem oddly similar tot he Vorlons from Babylon 5 and the Burning Legion is reminiscent of the Shadow.

In B5 the Vorlons appear to be Lawful Good super beings who are helping the Galactic races against Shadow domination but in the end we find out that their actually close to Lawful Neutral and their goal is balance even if that means the death of the Galaxy. Could the Naaru have a similar intent? They have talked about the "balance".

Maybe they're only helping the Draenei as a means to keep the balance in the universe.

The main thing I find suspicious is that the Legion is primarily chasing down the Draenei. The Naaru keep dragging the Draenei from one world to the next. So the Legion goes from one world to the next, absorbing power (and sometimes new recruits, like what happened with the Nathrezim, I think).

The Draenei basically seem like *bait* that are being used to lead the Legion around the universe. The Naaru don't save any other races along the way, but then, the Legion doesn't want any of the other races the way it's after the Draenei.

We know that this has been going on for a very long time, like thousands of years, that the Naaru have been dragging the Draenei (and thus the legion) from one world to the next.

What we are also told about the legion is: they have been going from one world to the next, destroying and corrupting and so on.

Possible connection there?

Since it's stated that it's not an Orc it seems there are 3 possible options:

1. Murozond

2. Kil'jaeden

3. Old God

IMO Mannoroth, Kairozdormu, an uncorrupted Nozdormu and a corrupted / Sargeras-possessed Med'an are also final boss candidates.

If uncorrupted Nozdormu's the final boss, his motivation will probably be something along the lines of "destroy alt!Draenor to prevent a time paradox", and he'll probably end up getting corrupted into Murozond midway through the boss fight (probably from tapping into some sort of dangerous forbidden secret evil power source), then end up getting banished or escaping through a time portal at the end of the fight.

If corrupted Med'an's the final boss, we'll probably end up banishing Sargeras, but Med'an will probably end up getting killed off or de-powered.
I'm not entirely certain what Med'an has to do with anything.
It's Velen.

Ok, now let me explain:
Garrosh goes back in time to stop the Orcs from drinking the demon blood. The Iron Horde now has a massive army threatening to crush the Draenei and destroy Azeroth. The situation is much more dire, and in a last act of desperation, Velen drinks the blood...

With our Velen traveling back in time, we have 2 Velens now that are pretty much the same. They would have to be differentiated... Possibly Kil'Jaden persuades him into doing it? They were best friends before...

"Velen’s guidance preserved his people during an exodus from their homeworld, Argus, but his wisdom is in question after the arrival of the Iron Horde on Draenor. What value is a prophet whose visions cannot prevent calamity?"

Found that on Wowpedia. He can not stop the Horde with conventional means, and the Burning Legion hasn't taken the Orcs , but what if instead hey take the Draenei?

Also, the timeline needs to be dramatically different from our own, or else the expansion would be boring. It's just an idea.

I NEVER thought of that.............
I'm not entirely certain what Med'an has to do with anything.

Nothing. People see Maraad and start wild speculation.

Med'an was built up around the Twilight's Hammer and Old Gods. If he wasn't in Cataclysm (which to be honest I think the original plan was to use him instead of Thrall), he's never going to appear at all.