How well is my new laptop going to work?

General Discussion
Got a present on the way, and I'm curious about its performance, I heard Intel HD was crap, but I'm not sure.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220860

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU Type Intel Core i5 460M(2.53GHz)
Screen 15.6"
Memory Size 4GB DDR3
Hard Disk 500GB
Optical Drive DVD Super Multi
Graphics Card Intel HD
Video Memory Shared memory
Communication Gigabit LAN and WLAN
Dimensions 15.20" x 10.20" x 1.40"
Weight 5.80 lbs.
Chipset Intel HM55
Resolution 1366 x 768

How well will this work in 10m bgs and 10m raids on ultraish settings?
That Intel chipset probably couldn't run WoW when it launched six years ago. And I'm not exaggerating here. It is complete and utter crap.

You want something with Nvidia or ATI (May be listed as AMD now) video chipsets if you even want to think about gaming on a laptop.
Should work fine with World of Warcraft. You'll probably have to tone down some of the graphics depending on how hot you want it to run but it should do fine.
Oh no! how is everything else though? is it just the chipset that is bad?
Oh no! how is everything else though? is it just the chipset that is bad?

All the other features on the laptop are pretty standard for a laptop of any performance level, and should be fine for WoW. But the real bottleneck will be the video chipset that it uses. For Cataclysm, you'd probably have to play at the lowest settings to get playable performance.

Here's where that video chipset stands compared to others on the market current and past

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?cpu=Intel+HD
That Intel chipset probably couldn't run WoW when it launched six years ago. And I'm not exaggerating here. It is complete and utter crap.

You want something with Nvidia or ATI (May be listed as AMD now) video chipsets if you even want to think about gaming on a laptop.

The HM55 didn't exist 6 years ago..

The HM55 didn't exist 6 years ago..

I'm saying that if you took a six year old game, and ran it on an Intel HD (which is what the video chipset on that laptop is, not HM55 which is actually the overall chipset of the whole laptop) you'd have performance issues if you tried to run it on anything higher than medium.

Cataclysm is leaps and bounds more advanced than the original client was, and requires a more powerful system to run.
Zupako, that link you gave me just made my day. Someone told me that intel HD was a mid-range GPU, obviously, they were wrong.