Doubts about authenticator being the problem

Customer Support
I've been having an issue for a while where I am able to... login to games which use the authenticator... but am unable to login to site portals which use the authenticator (example: account management). So in other words, it is not a password issue.

When I attempt to login to a site, I get an error message which says "Login failed." I am been able to gain access eventually thanks to the help of Blizzard employees who reset my authenticator, but the problem recurs after a few days/weeks. This is becoming quite a nuisance as you might imagine, because (A) I have to send and await an e-mail everytime, and (B) I have to bother these people with the same problems.

In the most recent case, one of your employees ventured to guess that maybe my authenticator is going wonky, losing sync with the server or whatever it interacts with, possibly due to a faulty battery.

If this is the case though, why am I always able to login to games successfully? I'm starting to think that maybe it's cause people are repeatedly trying to maliciously gain access to my account and are locking me out of login access in the process.

Anyway, the reason I am posting here is in hope that I can get a more detailed reply than I have been able to extract from e-mails. I greatly appreciate the work of your employees who fix the problem directly for me, but nobody has really given me a personalized response on how likely or unlikely a new authenticator will be able to solve this problem.

Thank you for your time!
Actually, if the sync is just a little off, you might still be able to log in to one thing and not the other. My guess is that it is indeed possibly a faulty battery.
Thank you for the replies, I might as well go for the replacement so I can at least make some progress.
Sometimes the keyfob can be ever so slightly out of sync, and if you type it in too fast in-put it too, it can cause problems. Next time slow up a bit, and after typing in the code count to 20 or 30 before hitting enter. I have had the same problem in the past and this works for me.