Hit rating as tank.

Druid
So i picked up feral tanking. I am unsure if I should hit cap or stay how I am? I have 62k unbuffed hp right now and dont want to lose that. My question is, am i really gimped without hit cap as tank? I can hold aggro fairly well, although I can see the occasional "miss, parry, dodge" on mobs.
It's not something you want to gem or enchant for, but if you're reforging, you can drop haste to it. Typically I won't worry about it unless you're having threat issues.
There are two reasons to gem for +hit:

1) You need to make your Meta work.
2) You are already at the soft +exp cap (6.5%) and find yourself having threat problems.

There's one reason to enchant for +hit:

1) No better enchants available.

If you're having threat problems gem +Exp first to the soft cap. After that +hit and +exp are equal.
There are two reasons to gem for +hit:

1) You need to make your Meta work.
2) You are already at the soft +exp cap (6.5%) and find yourself having threat problems.

There's one reason to enchant for +hit:

1) No better enchants available.

If you're having threat problems gem +Exp first to the soft cap. After that +hit and +exp are equal.

1) Nightmare tear.
2) Reforging is a better option then gemming hit. :/

Enchant wise...example?
1) Nightmare tear.

Yeah, it's better.
2) Reforging is a better option then gemming hit. :/

Better off reforging Mastery on live right now. You take such a massive mitigation hit compared to not reforging Mastery it's a little absurd.

But technically yes, you could reforge +Exp or +Hit if you realllllllllly wanted to.

Enchant wise...example?

Can't think of one offhand. I think Reesi mentioned that the only real non-leather option for enhancing bracers was a +hit enchant. I could be wrong.

Just that is the only situation (real or not) that you would ever enchant +hit.