Raid Lock Wipe

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
If after this change goes into effect and you can only do 10 or 25 man versions per lockout will there be some synergy between the separate modes. What I mean is in Ulduar and ICC can you collect the legendary fragments/shards in both 10 and 25? Same with the lower drop-rate mounts?
Another blue post would be helpful. I don't get who'd want to keep/extend a locked VoA, Onyxia, EoE.

It's not necessarily that you'd WANT to, its because those raid locks need to be changed to the new system, so they are included in the post.

All this post means is that when they release the next patch, any instance that has 10 and 25 man versions of the instance will be completely wiped from your raid info tab. You will have to do a fresh instance. This does not apply to Icecrown and Ruby Sanctum because they already operate under the new system.

Also, this does NOT mean that the patch will be in the middle of the raid week. It will still be on a Tuesday. It just means that "at the time of the next patch release" these raid locks will be wiped. That time is a Tuesday. That time is always a Tuesday. Nothing within this post changes that. The patch is NOT going to be on Saturday, Sunday or Monday! It's on a Tuesday, just like always. Maybe this one, maybe next one.

Though the post is vague, it's pretty simple.
Patch is Tuesday guys, just like always.

Maintenance has already been announced.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083608453
If after this change goes into effect and you can only do 10 or 25 man versions per lockout will there be some synergy between the separate modes. What I mean is in Ulduar and ICC can you collect the legendary fragments/shards in both 10 and 25? Same with the lower drop-rate mounts?

I believe they said that Shards for Shadowmourne would drop in both versions, but they never mentioned if this would apply to Val'anyr too.

Mimiron's Head and Invincible are likely to be restricted to 25-man only.
Bashiok, way to fail at communication. Your post was a double rainbow of confusion. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!

It's extremely interesting to me that a post with so few words can actually cause so much confusion. I thought it was easy to understand, but clearly that is not the case for everyone. FYI, other posts in this very short thread already explained what he means. :)
So then those raids will keep their 10/25 man in separate lockouts but you won't be able to extend after patch till you start a new one. That about right?
Wrong, there is nothing but player speculation.

/sigh

We'll have to just disagree then. It's pretty disappointing that we players can't actually discuss things without "needing a blue." True, this is an official announcement and not a class thing, but that doesn't mean some of us don't understand. We read it, we understood it just fine and we tried to help explain it to others. I'm sorry that a clear explanation from a peer just isn't enough for you.

So then those raids will keep their 10/25 man in separate lockouts but you won't be able to extend after patch till you start a new one. That about right?

Once the next patch hits, any raid with 10/25 modes will have the same flexible lockout as Icecrown does right now. Meaning you can only do one version per week, but you can switch the size around as needed. Since it's a new system, it requires a wipe of all raid ids that work under the old system. It's quite logical.
BTW, the OP never says "Tomorrow" or "Next Week". It does not specify or verify when the next patch will be, only that when the next patch goes live, the rest of the Wrath Raids (i.e. any raid that has a seperate 10/25 version) will be converted to the new Flex Lockout system (i.e. The raid lockout system will be the same way as ICC is now)
In preparation for the new flex lock system we’ll be wiping the following raid locks at the time of the next patch release.

I like it when Blizzard tells us these things ahead of time instead of finding out on patch day. :D

Keep up the good communication trend! :D
Is argent dawn going away in the shattering? cause I got like 8000 rep left to farm with them and if patch is tomorrow and they are going away im effed.
I like it when Blizzard tells us these things ahead of time instead of finding out on patch day. :D

Stay tuned for a flood of incoming threads from people who claim that "blizzard never told me about this" ( "me" being the key word )

*please....please...let me moderate for patch week, I'll fix all their wagons.

; )
Is argent dawn going away in the shattering? cause I got like 8000 rep left to farm with them and if patch is tomorrow and they are going away im effed.

The patch is 100% definitely for sure NOT tomorrow. It might be this Tuesday. But tomorrow? Saturday? No way.

There is absolutely ZERO reason to think this would happen. Blizzard patches on Tuesdays. This blue post says "when the next patch hits," not "tomorrow." The patch will be on a Tuesday, nothing has changed that.
In preparation for the new flex lock system we’ll be wiping the following raid locks at the time of the next patch release.

Onyxia's Lair
Naxxramas
Ulduar
Obsidian Sanctum
Eye of Eternity
Vault of Archavon
Trial of the Crusader

This only means that the patch is coming before a tuesday. Why would they reset the instances when they auto reset on tuesdays anyways patch or not. So this is another big HINT.

This

Onyxia's Lair
Naxxramas
Ulduar
Obsidian Sanctum
Eye of Eternity
Vault of Archavon
Trial of the Crusader

This only means that the patch is coming before a tuesday. Why would they reset the instances when they auto reset on tuesdays anyways patch or not. So this is another big HINT.

This

This is not a hint. It is a warning that if you have a instance that you are saved to/extended it will be wiped. BTW has anyone noticed that you can re activate a lock after the Tues reset. So it in no way implies when it will occur

Onyxia's Lair
Naxxramas
Ulduar
Obsidian Sanctum
Eye of Eternity
Vault of Archavon
Trial of the Crusader

This

This is not a hint. It is a warning that if you have a instance that you are saved to/extended it will be wiped.

Right, but doesnt this happen every Tuesday? If patch was on a Tuesday, then why waste the time to let us know our Raids will be reset. They would just implement the new lockout system on Tuesday

Onyxia's Lair
Naxxramas
Ulduar
Obsidian Sanctum
Eye of Eternity
Vault of Archavon
Trial of the Crusader

This

This is not a hint. It is a warning that if you have a instance that you are saved to/extended it will be wiped.

Right, but doesnt this happen every Tuesday? If patch was on a Tuesday, then why waste the time to let us know our Raids will be reset. They would just implement the new lockout system on Tuesday

look at your raid log they are not wiped on tues anymore. reset yes but you can reactivate a lock.
Patch is Tuesday guys, just like always.

Maintenance has already been announced.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083608453

Wait, regular maintenance (emphasis on regular) means there will be a patch?