Read This Before You Post

Story Forum
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
/Polite gentleman clap
Don't clap for the OP. That post is exactly what's wrong with the story forums many of the time.
Horrendous necro, I know, but we seem to be having a similar issue with Mists of Pandaria on the rise:

More and more, as of late, people come here and ask the same tired questions (Garrosh evil, Lordaeron contention, Old Gods suck, etc.) or come here and make incorrect posts, trying to advertise their youtube account, or post a fan-fiction story.

Please remember a few basic rules everyone:

- Despite being named "The Story Forum", this forum is really a lore forum. The forum is meant to discuss the lore within World of Warcraft, and to a lesser extent, the Warcraft universe.

- Fan-fiction and short stories belong in "World's End Tavern", Blizzard's dedicated Roleplay Forum

- Anecdotes concerning your personal experiences in WoW, or on random topics typically belongs in the "General Forum." Some of us run a "Story Forum Lounge" for regulars to post in to discuss such things, but making threads that otherwise don't involve lore are frowned upon

- Don't be rude. Don't come here to troll. Be respectful. Be willing to engage in meaningful discussion, and avoid shoving your opinion or argument down other people's throats

And now, a disclaimer for Mists of Pandaria:

Blizzard has a policy of inviting people who have signed up for to play their Betas of games, or Public Test Realms. This includes Mists of Pandaria.

Blizzard also has set aside an entire set of forums for the discussion of the new expansion, everything from lore to gameplay to class changes to PvP to dungeons and raids. These forums exist for members of the Beta to discuss the work in progress and provide meaningful feedback to each other, and more importantly, to Blizzard.

Threads located in these forums do not require a disclaimer, since anyone reading them, either has access to the Beta, or is allowed to read the forum, and knows that reading new, semi-released content might spoil content for some people. Essentially, you enter at your own risk.

HOWEVER, threads or posts made anywhere else in the World of Warcraft forums should have a disclaimer if it contains content from Mists of Pandaria. Even a possible spoiler might be warranted if it contains easter eggs hinting at future content, such as a potential return of the Burning Legion, etc. Not everyone who comes here comes expecting to see content that is not released to the general public yet, and some people are upset when they read a thread that seems innocent enough at first glance, only to reveal a major plot twist that they would much rather experience in game.

That in mind, as a sign of good etiquette, members of the Story Forum kindly request that any time you create a thread relating to new content that is only available on the Beta or PTR, to please include a *SPOILER WARNING* within the topic or very first post of said thread. Doing so saves much grief later on and keeps the trolls and flamers away.

All things considered though, please remember to have fun, be polite, and learn. If you take anything from your experience at this forum, it is that the lore of Warcraft is a fascinating topic with many angles, and people have as much fun discussing it as experiencing it first-hand.

Thank You

Sincerely,

Aurriastraza

On Behalf of the Regulars of the Story Forum
You should change the lore forum link for Diablo to the new site :
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354994/
Hey look, general rules and guidelines that get broken more than WoW's classes after Ghostcrawler gets done with them.

And this is stickied? And people still choose to ignore it?
Why people don't read this before they post still baffles me.

WHY DON'T YOU READ THIS?

WHY?

IT'S STICKIED FOR CRISSAKES.
11/20/2010 10:30 AMPosted by Lenox
Odok wrote:
For whatever reason, this forum is seeing a massive influx of new posters. Whether it's due to the imminent launch of an expansion (and the tidal wave of lore accompanying it) or just a surge of passion, I feel like I need to reiterate some ground rules.

It's funny that this was just posted eight hours ago. I'm one of those people...and I don't know why after 15 years of participating in the Warcraft universe I've all of a sudden (as of this week!) gotten into the lore.

I haven't been playing that long, but I've recently become interested in the lore as well. I just wish I had more time to read up on it.
Why people don't read this before they post still baffles me.

WHY DON'T YOU READ THIS?

WHY?

IT'S STICKIED FOR CRISSAKES.
So are the other stickies that say pretty much the same thing. Why don't people follow maps when they get lost? Because they're ignorant and stupid. Some people are self-righteous enough to believe that everything they do is correct and then they get mad when they learn that everyone's yelling at them for doing something wrong.
Good thread. Delurk approves.
I heard if you don't follow these rules, snakes will eat your face.
Worse than snakes.

FORUM MODS
01/19/2014 10:05 PMPosted by Delurk
Worse than snakes.

FORUM MODS

Well, all they do is lock threads that partisans don't like. It's not like they will eat your face...will they?
01/24/2014 07:30 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
01/19/2014 10:05 PMPosted by Delurk
Worse than snakes.

FORUM MODS

Well, all they do is lock threads that partisans don't like. It's not like they will eat your face...will they?
I don't know. Nyorloth really seemed like the type for eating faces.
While the guidelines in this thread are nice, are they enforced? Like if you violate them, but no Blizz forum rules, will a GM come down on you?
01/30/2014 12:08 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
While the guidelines in this thread are nice, are they enforced? Like if you violate them, but no Blizz forum rules, will a GM come down on you?

Nope.
02/02/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Cobble
01/30/2014 12:08 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

Nope.

Good to know. This forum is basically like Lord of the Flies anyway. :D
Agreed
02/18/2014 11:15 AMPosted by Oldinam
Agreed

Well, they lock Necro threads, but that seems to be about it.
*Opens book*

*Blows away dust*

*Coughs a lot*

*Closes book*

*Forgets about book*
Wow.. It's really odd I've never posted in this thread before.