((No death or mutilation please!))

Moon Guard
No.

I refuse. If you put your character into a kind of situation that would logically get them easily killed, don't throw a fit if it actually happens.

Seriously, I'm tired of people hiding behind this excuse. If I'm dueling an ally or something, I'll alter my RP a bit to not scar you. But if you're kill on sight, expect to run the risk of that actually happening.

What are your thoughts?
A player ultimately gets to decide what happens to their character. If they choose to let you do such, they choose that. It's their choice. Nobody elses. Even if you disagree with the way they decide to roll with it.
A player ultimately gets to decide what happens to their character. If they choose to let you do such, they choose that. It's their choice. Nobody elses. Even if you disagree with the way they decide to roll with it.

To his credit, though, it's usually their fault they're IN that situation to begin with. If you don't want to run the risk of your character getting killed, don't put them in a situation where they could BE killed.

To his credit, though, it's usually their fault they're IN that situation to begin with. If you don't want to run the risk of your character getting killed, don't put them in a situation where they could BE killed.

True. The moral of the story is don't be upset if your character decides to end themselves. But then, as a writer myself, I don't have that problem.
What consists an ultimately lethal/multilation-prone situation is pretty subjective in and of itself.

How about this, jerkwad?

If someone starts an argument and you try to resolve it with homicide, your character is the bad guy and needs to be killed for being a sociopath. Arguments like your permeate bad RP because it's used as a justification for arms-race schoolyard fights in which one party starts an argument (with little or no threat of violence) and the other party escalates it to a unilateral execution in the streets while the player of the second character screams, "WELL YOU SHOULDN'T GET YOUR CHARACTER INTO FIGHTS."

I was under the impression he was complaining about people who don't wish death or scarring but start the fights.

I was under the impression he was complaining about people who don't wish death or scarring but start the fights.

This is what I got out of it too.

Hit the nail on the head. People use it as an excuse.

Like a naga wandering into Stormwind. *cough*
No.

I refuse. If you put your character into a kind of situation that would logically get them killed, don't throw a fit if someone actually does so.

Seriously, I'm tired of people hiding behind this excuse. If I'm dueling an ally or something, I'll alter my RP a bit to not scar you. But if you're kill on sight, expect to run the risk of that actually happening.

What are your thoughts?

You are a Rogue. You see me standing alone on a side street counting the number of gold coins in my coin pouch. Quickly sizing me up, you realize that I could put up quite a fight if you tried to just rob me. Your stomach aches and grumbles its protest for having had to go 3 days without food. No one is looking. No witnesses. Hiding in the shadows, slowly sneaking closer. Lethal poisons gleaming along the wicked edges of your daggers. It'll be easy. A quick slash across the neck followed quickly by a stab between the ribs into the heart. You stop in your tracks as your stomach grumbles again. You will yourself to be quiet. Dinner... is about to be served.

---------------------------------

Um no. You do not have permission to kill me in order to steal my gold so you can eat.
If they don't want their character to die or be scarred, and you end up in a situation where that is the logical next step, the situation should just be retconned rather than to not stay true to your character, at least in my opinion.
I highly recommend befriending an alchemist, becoming an engineer, or rolling a mage to avoid these situations. Turning invisible at the drop of a hat is an excellent way to avoid random, unwarranted murder or injury, and will mystify the bumbling person as you melt into thin air.

Or, you know. We could all just stop murdering each other. Frankly, I find it bizarre that you can see members of the same Alliance fighting far more often than you see them fending off a Horde raid that's taking over the Cathedral. But hey, that's just me.
I highly recommend befriending an alchemist, becoming an engineer, or rolling a mage to avoid these situations. Turning invisible at the drop of a hat is an excellent way to avoid random, unwarranted murder or injury, and will mystify the bumbling person as you melt into thin air.

Or, you know. We could all just stop murdering each other. Frankly, I find it bizarre that you can see members of the same Alliance fighting far more often than you see them fending off a Horde raid that's taking over the Cathedral. But hey, that's just me.

This, oh so very much this.

I rarely ever see legitimate random fights between members of the Horde, why is it so prevalent in the Alliance? In STORMWIND no less?
Why aren't you in TAC?

Is it because I'm a bad guild leader?

Nah, you're cool. I just like sticking around with my little RP guild.

I still raid with you guys, anyway. Same difference, right?
I think its role play. I've been in a few places where I would randomly be lured by cultists, and attempted to be killed, without prior knowledge. I nearly died. I escaped and almost bled to death both times. I didn't rage YOU DID THIS WITHOUT CONSENT, /RAWR. If I would have died, I would have been sad, sure. But, its part of playing the role of a character in a city. The city is dangerous and people die. People get murdered in New York for less than 20 dollars, so sure. If I'm a rogue, and I'm hungry, and I see you flashing shiny gold? I'm pretty sure, it would be in my character's thought pattern to go, HUNGRY. And stab you. And not care, because that is just the type of rogue they would be. If you don't like this, please, just. Don't play with others. This isn't a dating sim, we don't all sit around making kissy faces.
I really hesitate to wonder what must happen to a child in real life that leads them to roleplay a badass murder-machine character who takes it upon himself to skewer others without a second thought. Not saying this is the OP exactly, but I've been in a few situations myself where, essentially, some very harmless insult or cat-call will be thrown out, and in retaliation we'll be surrounded by psychotic murderers talking about how much they'll relish the taste of our intestines after they've beheaded us on the streets of the canal district.

In that case, yeah, I utilize being a mage to get my ass out of that situation, and I admit to it being OOC as well as IC. If you've decided that your character has a polearm up their ass and they absolutely have to butcher some hapless bystander today, then I'm simply not going to let it be me. Sorry, but as you said, "no."
Let me provide an example:

"A Twilight Cultist, a known murderer of innocent civilians, walks about Stormwind, screaming about the end of the world. You detain him and question him with armed guards, and begin to interrogate. The cultists claims to not be afraid of death, spitting in your face. Remembering WoW is set in a *mostly* medieval fantasy world, you proceed to kill him, as not doing so would result in the deaths of many more people would he ever escape."

I've seen this many times, and have gotten a ((no death plz)) card shoved in my face. /point