Official Emerald Dream FAQ (20th Nov 2010)

Emerald Dream
(( RP is not a "OMG GAIZ! I BE RP!" all the time... No, it's a state of mind. When I'm at my credit union, I don't talk to every member in line before me. If I'm driving my car down a major city highway, I'm not going to wave at anyone... Perhaps if I'm back home in rural Minnesota, sure... but not in the burning Motor City.

What I mean to say here is, when I'm doing dailies, Neph is Neph, but he's not going to stop and talk to the individual who is killing chillmaw or rescuing captives at the cultists.... If he does, he's going to be killed by an Alliance member.

I have initiated RP with many different individuals and usually at least got a hello, or a /wave back. As long as I don't break character, it works out.. and if I'm grieved, I call the individual an insolent fool, or something of the like.

Only a few days ago, a poor lost orc rogue with a horrible non-RP name was asking where to find the zeppelin so he could go to UC as Org was under elemental attack. I was on Vindel... I took the little guy to UC, showed him the rogue trainers, and got him back to the Zep. I even gave him detailed directions back to the mount trainer in Orgrimmar. I did this all in emotes and /s, while Vinny was drunk. At one point, I ran into the UC moat... I came back out saying, "Damn, that s*** is disgusting!" And you know what? This little orc, who was obviously not an rp'r, role played back with me. Sure, he used an acronymn or two, but evenutally, he'll out grow it, if he continues to rp.

Did I report his name? Of course I did. Was it out of spite? Nope. Even felt thrilled so much that he was rp'ing back that I gave him 50g for no purpose.

tl:dr -- RP and don't care what the grievers say. Those who don't rp? L2RP .... It creates so much more depth. ))
Bump for sticky again
Another self bump - this is getting embarrassing.
oo sweet think i may make a gnome rogue on this server tomorrow, any of you guys want me to join your guild let me know =D i have a open emagination but i never done a role play before so would probly need some tips
We have things for you then, Silentzpanda

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083360039
and
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074267998
Why wont this sticky? Page 2, disgraceful.
Woo stickies.
I joined ED
ANTI-TRANSFER ASCII.
DO NOT USE UNLESS ALL HOPE IS LOST.
...............'...........'...............................
..............'.'..........'.'.............................
.............'..'.........'..'.............................
............'...'........'...'.............................
.........../../......../../...............................
..........|..|........|...|...............................
...........\..\........\...\..............................
........../.....\...../......\............................
........./....... \../........\...........................

Putting this in the sticky this for public use.

Interesting... I might try it out.
I think you need to try that experiment again. Next time, constant variables may help you get better results. this doesn't really say anything. just sayin
I might give this a try :) Always been a fan of RP when ive seen it happen. Never really much taken part but It might be fun to have an alt over here.
RP has always fascinated me, but always too shy / timid to try it.

I think I might soon. Maybe I would enjoy PvP again (I've grown to absolutely hate it since the dawn of Resilience, et al).

I gave my reason for background and understanding of why I currently don't enjoy PvP, not to start some kind of flame war -- my opinion on the subject is not up for debate here (not the place for it).

I know RP doesn't change the Resilience factor, but I may find the RP enjoyable enough that I won't care as much about my disdain for PvP.

We'll see. Thank you all for the info in the ED threads.

~Lyphe
We should indicate that, :) be a little more open to transfers :) as long as they contribute in a positive way and don't disrupt others.

We're already going to have giant queues, and have people transfering for no reason than they want to be the next big thing in world PvP (when they're terrible). I honestly don't want more of those people to come.

I thought they merged all battlegroups into a single queue system. Either way, does ED do large scale world pvp events as well? Cause that would be totally awesome!
11/20/2010 4:59 AMPosted by Loana
Total Characters: 14,214
Total Alliance: 8,313 - 59%
Total Horde: 5,901 - 42%
A to H Ratio: 1.4 : 1
Activity Ratio: 1 : 1.2

Nice post! But 59 + 42 = 101%
Does Emerald Dream care about the safety and well being of the players behind the characters?
((
RP has always fascinated me, but always too shy / timid to try it.

I think I might soon. Maybe I would enjoy PvP again (I've grown to absolutely hate it since the dawn of Resilience, et al).
As posted by Alyana, roleplayers have been driven to a cowardly withdrawal wherein roleplay is generally guild-centric. Do not be disheartened by her figures, however, as they are the very result of players propagating the idea that one cannot successfully enjoy roleplay on our realm.

If at first you do not find reciprocation as she has noted, continue to search beyond immediate reactions. Unresponsive individuals are comfortable with the idea of a lack of roleplay respect, something in no small part concluded from a "come on over, the PvP's fine" mentality. In other cases, they are roleplayers too busy writing up reports instead of making themselves available to at least tell you, in-character, that they're busy.

Speaking from anecdotes, great success is found where characters are questing. Where someone is ganked, roleplaying is always met with recognition and amusement. That is, success is found when engaging in actions that your characters would sensibly enjoy as a normal part of their lives.

Before choosing to bask in our glorious realm, however, you must be certain that you enjoy every component of the RP-PvP designation. In case it requires emphasis: it tells of more than simply roleplay. Resilience or not, you are considering a realm with "PvP" in its designation.

Do not knowingly make a mistake to vocally regret it later.

))