** Aman'Thul Progression Site 10&25 **

Aman'Thul
Hi Aman'Thul,

Realm Progression Site can be found here:

• ===========================================

http://www.wow-amanthul.com

===========================================

• How the rankings site works:
    These are not your normal guild rankings - the page linked above is scripted so that guild leaders or nominated person can login and update their rankings themselves, without needing someone to post on the forums and wait for someone else to update it. Once you have logged in, you should see an "Update Boss Kills" link near the top right of your screen. Click this link to update or change boss listings, or to add screenshots.

How the point are allocated
    All bosses are 20points for now

After that, it is based upon DATE ENTERED to the site.

2 Simple Rules:
    1) For 25-Man and 10-Man Raiding - A screen shot MUST be submitted with your kill. This safeguard has been programmed in.

2) Please don't expand on the truth. The site is based upon the realms guilds being honest. Realistically, should you be found out about it and called out publicly, you will find you will do more damage than good.

How to get a logon:
    This isn't very hard at all! To get a login for your guild to update your listings LIVE and attach screenshots, just contact Bighealbob VIA EMAIL and let me know that you would like a login. I will then provide you with a login and password so that you can start to update yourself!

How to contact Bighealbob:
    Ingame: Bighealbob on Aman'Thul-Horde. Also, Bigbadbob
    Email: Bob@wow-randomfact.com

~Bob

:: Note from Bob::

I would like to thank Moonmaster from Lightninghoof for allowing us to use his v1.0 code for what really is a wizz bang of a progression site.. although I have pretty much butchered it up into tiny little pieces since its conception. =)

If you have any suggestions on additions/modifications you might like to see done to the site please post here or drop me an email.
    I would say it would be greatly appreciated if you could report for a sticky, but I honestly have no idea how you do that now...
    Using "Not Specified" is perfectly fine. =) Feel free to submit your report for a thread you hope to see sticky'd using that option.
    also plz sticky my thread "Aman'thul Guild list"
    For the most part given that only one lockout exists now, either 10 or 25 and they drop the same loot, I would like to see that both are included into the one progression list and that there is no division at all.
    I see no reason for the separation at all, I am curious as to why people feel this should be so.
    the raids may be slightly easier in 10 in some regards but if blizzard have put them on equal footing who are you to separate them again?
    Nice of you to cut out the "in some regards" section of what i said, 25's are easier in some regards, 10's are easier in some regards, that is the equal footing to which I speak.
    Nice of you to cut out the "in some regards" section of what i said, 25's are easier in some regards, 10's are easier in some regards, that is the equal footing to which I speak.

Out of 12 fights in ICC, I can only name 1 that is harder in 10man (mechanics-wise, not gear-wise) which is Princes just because you have less people to keep track of orbs.
    Out of 5 fights in ToGC I can't name any that is harder in 10man (mechanics-wise).
    14 fights in Ulduar... can't really see any mechanics that makes it harder on 10man.

Anyway, multiple threads on mmo-champ and wowforums from cata raid beta testers have already said that they had less trouble on 10man versions of fights than 25man versions. Trying to do the "25s and 10s are equal now" argument doesn't work.

I pretty much agree with your 2nd paragraph, but the 1st one is somewhat of a non-argument. Blizzard did not try to make 10man and 25man perfectly equal in ICC. They have never said that 10s & 25s are equal now, only that they intend to make them equal in Cata.

Still, 10man can't really be as hard as 25 for one simple reason. Spreading. It is easier by far to spread 10 people throughout a room than it is to spread 25 throughout an identically sized room. Surely people remember Thorim HM where you had to have 3 melee camps and the tanks to avoid bouncing chain lightning all over and killing every melee. You didn't have to worry about 3 camps on 10man because if you had enough melee to need them, you probably didn't even have a healer.

ON-TOPIC EDIT: I think it would be nice if we had both a split progression list, and a merged progression list.
    That is beta, not live, those are WOTLK fights not Cataclysm fights, so what you are basing everything on is content that is not live or content that has no bearing, good work, well thought out.
    That is beta, not live, those are WOTLK fights not Cataclysm fights, so what you are basing everything on is content that is not live or content that has no bearing, good work, well thought out.

Uh, while that may be beta, you clearly have forgot how little tuning has taken place between PTR and Live over the past 3 patches, and how similar Nax on beta and naxx on live were. That's an equally terrible argument as his one about the ICC bosses. Basically, you both suck and I hate you all equally. :D (he totally made more sense and came off as less rage-y than you)
    Happy to admit the point on content testing, I've seen how its been done for almost 6 years, my point is not that I'm expecting drastic changes I am merely saying there is still potential for changes full stop and it should be decided when it is live, I also agree on the room size argument. It still does not deter to pro's and con's for both. Personally a separate list for both and then a combined list sounds the most appropriate.
    Honestly,
    I don't think a combined list would be even needed. It should be a list for 10s and a list for 25s personally i think duranin is pushing for a combined list because he wants to be further up the progression charts

PS: 10 mans are a joke

xoxo
    Honestly,
    I don't think a combined list would be even needed. It should be a list for 10s and a list for 25s personally i think duranin is pushing for a combined list because he wants to be further up the progression charts

PS: 10 mans are a joke

xoxo

Personal opinion here, but I think that if anything gets dropped, it should actually be the separated lists. They foster contempt between 10man and 25man raid teams and don't show how good the team is as a whole. To copy your incredibly subtle insinuation, I think you're pushing to not have a combined list because you're scared that the big bad 10man guilds are going to push you so far down the ladder nobody ever sees you.