Which is a faster leveling spec for Cataclysm

Warrior
I haven't seen any definitive answers, and I figured this close to the expansion someone should know. Which spec do you think is going to level up the quickest in Cataclysm, Prot, Arms or Fury?

With as hard as level 83+ mobs are supposed to hit, I am sticking to prot the entire time. It will also make finding instance groups easier.
I'd say prot, speced for the devestate/victory rush talent.
I always say arms, but I'm very biased. I love only needing 8% hit. Prots safe to be sure but since you asked whats the FASTEST it would have to be one of the dps specs assuming the mobs don't kill you before you kill them.
I've been Fury from day one so Fury I'm going to stay. Just go into PvP spec and things like Blood Craze and will help you out a lot, not to mention emergency macros like shield wall if for some reason you pull too much.

Or you could be lame like me, and level with a druid healer so I can kill still fast as hell in my Fury PvE spec while he heals me non-stop :-P
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Prot were the fastest way to level (even without dungeons), due to the decreased damage taken and reduced downtime.
I don't see how we are going to have any downtime at all as any spec.

20% heal from Victory Rush, hooooo.

That low?

That low?

20% of max health.

It's still a pretty good chunk.
20% of max health.

It's still a pretty good chunk.

+glyph+ Field Dressing. Delicious HP from victory Rush :DD

Probably Arms PVP for questing and PVE Fury for dungeons. From what I have heard mobs are a bit more vicious that before. Snares, stuns, and all. Both Second Wind and Blood Craze I feel are going to be bomb in addition to Victory Rush.

Although in all honesty either of the three will do just fine. Depends on player preferences and skill level imo. :3
+glyph+ Field Dressing. Probably Arms PVP for questing and PVE Fury for dungeons. from what I have heard mobs are a bit more vicious that before. Snares, stuns, and all. Both Second Wind and Blood Craze I feel are going to be bomb in addition to Victory Rush.

One slight problem (actually, two). Second Wind only procs off stuns and snares, and few mobs out in the world will do either. Dungeons, yes. Quests, not likely.

Second, Blood Craze is actually getting nerfed soon. As a result, your highest portion of self-healing will likely be from Victory Rush.
+glyph+ Field Dressing. Probably Arms PVP for questing and PVE Fury for dungeons. from what I have heard mobs are a bit more vicious that before. Snares, stuns, and all. Both Second Wind and Blood Craze I feel are going to be bomb in addition to Victory Rush.

One slight problem (actually, two). Second Wind only procs off stuns and snares, and few mobs out in the world will do either. Dungeons, yes. Quests, not likely.

Second, Blood Craze is actually getting nerfed soon. As a result, your highest portion of self-healing will likely be from Victory Rush.

HP is still HP though, and there will be a number of snares and stuns going out.

Also I'm staying in a PVP spec just because I'm staying perma-flagged. Makes things interesting :3
Hey,

I leveled from 80 to 85 on beta, here is a breakdown of what spec I was.

From 80 to 83 - Leveled as Fury/TG, I found it was an issue if I pulled more than 1 mob (believe me, it was easy to do), I'd always die and end up getting frustrated and wanting to log off... the time per level just kept dragging on (4hrs+), and on top of that you lose a lot of stats per level that you gain [hit/crit etc]..especially with the state of rage generation when you start missing a lot.

Towards the end of level 83, I respecced prot after Mek suggesting it to me and I was amazed, my leveling speed increased as I could pull multiple mobs and not die.

I blazed through the last few bars of 83 and powered onto 84 - it took me half the time to finish 84 -> 85 and I regret not respeccing earlier.

I posted about it on our guild's forums if anyone wants to read, this also had the spec that I used and a few screenshots:

http://www.adeptguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=4379.0 - (there is also some other interesting posts from other players in my guild, different classes etc..)

The best part about it was the HP regeneration, between Blood Craze/Enrage Regen and Victory Rush, I had next to no downtime.

In conclusion, I'd recommend 80 to 82 as fury or arms then go prot from 82 onwards, as mobs start to hit substantially harder and you can't keep up with self healing.
Hey,

I leveled from 80 to 85 on beta, here is a breakdown of what spec I was.

From 80 to 83 - Leveled as Fury/TG, I found it was an issue if I pulled more than 1 mob (believe me, it was easy to do), I'd always die and end up getting frustrated and wanting to log off... the time per level just kept dragging on (4hrs+), and on top of that you lose a lot of stats per level that you gain [hit/crit etc]..especially with the state of rage generation when you start missing a lot.

Towards the end of level 83, I respecced prot after Mek suggesting it to me and I was amazed, my leveling speed increased as I could pull multiple mobs and not die.

I blazed through the last few bars of 83 and powered onto 84 - it took me half the time to finish 84 -> 85 and I regret not respeccing earlier.

I posted about it on our guild's forums if anyone wants to read, this also had the spec that I used and a few screenshots:

http://www.adeptguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=4379.0 - (there is also some other interesting posts from other players in my guild, different classes etc..)

The best part about it was the HP regeneration, between Blood Craze/Enrage Regen and Victory Rush, I had next to no downtime.

In conclusion, I'd recommend 80 to 82 as fury or arms then go prot from 82 onwards, as mobs start to hit substantially harder and you can't keep up with self healing.

Duely noted good sir. Thanks for the heads up.
on the beta, i actually went from about 80-82 or so as prot and was kinda bored, once arms picks up Colossus Smash at 81, the dmg in incredible, I went from 82-85 as Arms PvP with no downtime, only a few instances where pulling too many mobs was a problem because i could burst them down and heal with victory rush.

moral of the story; Arms PvP for leveling is fine, i recommend it

edit; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG4fgf7rhUE
^ example of prot damage in DPS gear, around lvl 82 or so
I'm going fury PvE + arms PvP. I'll take my queue times for 5-mans, not really interested in instance grinding. Arms looks real fun, especially with some 100% armor penetration.