Forum Avatar

Customer Support
First of all, thank you in advance to anyone that has information on this issue.

About a year ago I deleted this warlock that I'm posting on right now, but I am still able to choose it to post on the forums. It was suggested to try the repair tool, and to uninstall and reinstall the game, which I did. Still didn't work. I emailed Customer Support and they did a cache kill, but she still is an option. I'm a little lost on what I can do at this point, so I'm hoping someone here could help me out.

Again, thank you for any information that can be given.
I think there may have been a misunderstanding with your request for help. All of those instructions only affect your game, they have no ties to the forum.

If the forum is still picking up on a character that is no longer there, that's something that the forum's server needs to clear out, which is outside of the user's control. I had a warlock, myself, that I used to post on the old forum that had been deleted for several months. It didn't clear off of my list until about a month before the old ones closed up.
Try to create a new character on the realm in question and then delete it. It should update your character list. Even name it Katima if you can.
I'm just glad that i'm able to post on the forums again, this is the first time i've been able to do so in years after my permanent forum ban. This was really only to see if I could post yet again.

God bless.
Welcome back, Hopefully you learned from your past mistakes.
I'm not entirely certain there are any troubleshooting steps you or we can do to prevent an old character from being an option, Katima. They should eventually be removed from the database as an option but it looks like this character is holding on much longer than it should.

You might want to post in the Website Bug Reports forum to report this.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1025938/

They may be able to figure out what is causing it and remove it.
Try to create a new character on the realm in question and then delete it. It should update your character list. Even name it Katima if you can.

I just tried this and she's still here :(

I think there may have been a misunderstanding with your request for help. All of those instructions only affect your game, they have no ties to the forum.

If the forum is still picking up on a character that is no longer there, that's something that the forum's server needs to clear out, which is outside of the user's control. I had a warlock, myself, that I used to post on the old forum that had been deleted for several months. It didn't clear off of my list until about a month before the old ones closed up.

I hope this is the case. Katima was a choice on the old forums as well and I kind of want a character I delete to stay gone :P

I'm not entirely certain there are any troubleshooting steps you or we can do to prevent an old character from being an option, Katima. They should eventually be removed from the database as an option but it looks like this character is holding on much longer than it should.

You might want to post in the Website Bug Reports forum to report this.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1025938/" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1025938/</a>

They may be able to figure out what is causing it and remove it.

Thanks for the info, I'll do that now.