Rogue Leveling FAQ (7.x)

Rogue
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 Next
I am also having a little trouble with my damage, My weapons are very outdated, (39,44) and dungeons are very limited to weapons and I have absolutely no honor justice or money for heirlooms, What should I do?
Make sure to do quests in level appropriate zones. You can see the level range of a zone on the map. Or you can use the hero's call board in a major city to send you to a level that is appropriate for you. Doing quest award you with lots of experience and gear. Some of the longer quest storylines will award you with more powerful gear usually rare armor or weapons. You should see plenty of choices for daggers by following the quest chains through a zone and the quests will send you to the next appropriate zone when you are high enough level.

You really shouldn't ever need to buy (white) armor or weapons from a vendor.

Your gear is always going to lag a bit behind your level while you are leveling. And some slots are a rarer upgrade than others, usually the trinket and weapon slots.
So just started this game again since I have grown bored with a lot of the other MMO's I've been trying lately. Just curious as I for one hate using default UI's and settings does anyone have a few recommendations on some very helpful add on's for the rogue class?
I use IceHud with mostly default UI, but everyone has their preferences.

Lots of people use rogue power bars, or weakauras. Or go for a full UI mod.

If you are just learning, the default UI should serve you pretty well.
Aren't the Brawler's Guild fist weapons also good options for rogues, as their secondary stats are hit and haste?
Aren't the Brawler's Guild fist weapons also good options for rogues, as their secondary stats are hit and haste?

Any agility weapons will be good potential weapons.
Thanks a lot for this guide. I've tried rolling a rogue and lost interest many times in the past, but am committing to it on a fresh toon. I'm going to use this to help me level and dabble into PvP (I've played enough PvP to be victim of the damn rogue. It'll be fun to be *that guy* this time around!)
Thanks a lot for this guide. I've tried rolling a rogue and lost interest many times in the past, but am committing to it on a fresh toon. I'm going to use this to help me level and dabble into PvP (I've played enough PvP to be victim of the damn rogue. It'll be fun to be *that guy* this time around!)

You are very welcome. I hope you find the experience enjoyable and enlightening. :P

Happy Stabbing. :)
You rock dude thanks helped out a lot really I'm leveling this rogue and ughhhhh such a grind u know lol but stupid blizzard had to have another night of down time was gonna get to level 60 lol but thank u helped me figuring out which glyphs to get and rot tyvm!

P.S-If u have any tips on helping me level up more quicker like potions enchants etc that would be great tyvm bro.
5 point rupture gets you a full energy bar . assa is the king of leveling because of venomous wounds.

cloak and dagger to cheapshot, mut, mut, rupture, dispatch, mob dead and energy refilled. cloak n dagger to your next mob.
Updated some glyph and enchant changes.
Sorry I no longer us the caritur mantrex. My new chariture is a worgen ( rogue My name is zygloblades. level 17. thanks.
Hi! Im leveling a rouge who is only 8 right now and i have given them full agility heirlooms and a pair of agility Mass of Mcsomething maces. Naturally im planning on specking combat due to the fact that these maces are at my disposal but im wondering if it is worth taking the time to earn two agility dagger heirlooms so i can go assassination instead. What are your thoughts?
NM i just went ahead and got the daggers lol. Only took about 90 min on my brewmaster.
really confused with sub. i have the boa fist and the boa dagger, so when im out leveling i should use the fist in my main hand, but when im with a group and i can backstab i should swap them and use the dagger in main hand?
01/30/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Viqq
really confused with sub. i have the boa fist and the boa dagger, so when im out leveling i should use the fist in my main hand, but when im with a group and i can backstab i should swap them and use the dagger in main hand?

Yes, it is better to use backstab if you can.
I had a very positive experience with subtetly for leveling since I started playing this rogue. Well, to be honest, I've always prefered sub over the other specs. Well, here's what I do:

Heirloom Dagger + Nightstalker talent: With nightstalker Talent, my Ambush damage increases 50%, with this major boost plus a strong dagger in the main hand makes my Ambushes almost kills any monster of same level (after the opener, the creeps will be with 10-20% health left). If it crits, it's one hit K.O. for sure. Plus, +20% move speed makes you reach the monsters faster (this stacks with Fleet Flooded later, making your stealth speed go to 138%).

Stealth Glyph: Since I kill monsters almost instantly with Ambush (1-2 seconds tops), I don't want to wait 4 seconds before I restealth, so this is glyph is pretty much necessary.

Cloak and Dagger at 60: This talent is amazing for leveing, I don't even need to move after killing a creep, just restealth and target another creep. The 40 yard range is amazing.

Once you get 70, use your combo points to keep SnD up from time to time so you never run out of energy for your Ambushing.

This is my plan for leveling so far. I've been playing a rogue since Burning Crusade, and I never felt like leveling so fast, it's also very fun to play, hehe.

(Sorry for my english).
What are the best professions for leveling?