Heroic 25 Paragons,Not attackable in the air?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Last night before 5.4.2 we were able to attack the bosses while they were in the air while they were coming down. As of today they are not attackable until they hit the ground and even when they land theres a 2-second activation delay on the bosses. What gives? This fight is already a dps check to begin with but with what this is now it has cut it even closer.

Edit- Bloods are also reacting differently when they are moving to the bosses, we just had bloods move to the middle of the room to one of the bosses then move to a completely different boss.
The bloods would already split if the bosses healths swapped positions between each landing, saw that happen plenty of times on progression.

The flying sounds annoying, that would make the enrage about 15s harder.
Yeah its quite annoying, last night we were able to kill skeer (first kill) before rapid fire went out, tonight is not nearly the same.
The worst part about this is that the Paragons can melee someone before they're tauntable or attackable. We had several deaths due to this tonight. Pretty dumb.
Timers being different, not being able to target them until ~a second after they land, aim sometimes not going out, the change to the blood AI....all made tonight pretty interesting.

Oh, did anyone get fire lines with the purple catalyst? That lead to a pretty hilarious wipe.
This was an unintended side-effect of attempting to fix the occasional issue where a Paragon would melee a player from midair while jumping into battle. We're reverting the change ASAP (overnight restarts will probably be required), since the current state is clearly far worse. Apologies for the inconvenience.
the midair thing isn't TOO bad. You just have to spam taunt on em as soon as they activate and have control of them well before they land (later fight, just anticipate this by targeting off 4th boss on boss frames and start spamming taunt on it as another boss is dying).

From time to time though I space out and this happens
http://mysticalos.com/images/total_rikkal.jpg

But in general, it's not too bad :)
what about all the other problems with it
Aim is no longer protecting you from environmental damage effects. If you dropped in amber you die. If you get pushed in front of Prime, you die.

EDIT: Also you can get hit by Whirling.
Aim is no longer protecting you from environmental damage effects. If you dropped in amber you die. If you get pushed in front of Prime, you die.

Confirmed, though I don't think I was taking Amber damage while Aimed... I was definitely getting Whirled and other people got hit by Vicious Assault while targeted by Aim. That shouldn't be possible, as it's not at all avoidable.

The boss timers are completely out of whack since the patch as well. Aim going off 8+ seconds before the cooldown is up, Aim being completely skipped at times, Mutate timer is 100% random now, Rapid Fire + Charge + Aim all going off simultaneously, Fiery Edge + Catalyst going off simultaneously (leading to an incredibly hilarious insta-wipe).

Please fix. Thanks.
Everything was completely out of sync. Sometimes it was to your advantage, only to be met with a massive 'you lose' later on.

Bloods don't behave like they did prior to the patch at all, that's one consistent that happened throughout the encounter.

We had times were Locust basically went 2-3 minutes without throwing amber and unlike before time before aims is consistently much shorter. Aim protection from other sources of damage (when you're the target) seemed to not be present anymore.

We nearly killed it had it not been for a tank death, but that was with some fairly favorable delays in their ability usage in the middle of the encounter.

I respect the fact that you guys are trying to fix problems with the encounter, especially QoL ones, but frankly the old encounter worked way better sadly.

(This was for 10 man Heroic, basically the problems are mirrored in both 10/25, which means that at least everybody is on the same frustrating playing field).

Confirmed, though I don't think I was taking Amber damage while Aimed... I was definitely getting Whirled and other people got hit by Vicious Assault while targeted by Aim. That shouldn't be possible, as it's not at all avoidable.

"No longer"? Am I missing something here?

I got hit by Whirling while I was the Aim target several times this past Sunday (pre-5.4.2) even with no other players within 15 yards of me. Not sure this is related to the 5.4.2 changes Blizzard made.

We were getting whirled in AIM last reset.

I got hit by Whirling while I was the Aim target several times this past Sunday (pre-5.4.2) even with no other players within 15 yards of me. Not sure this is related to the 5.4.2 changes Blizzard made.

It's not
the midair thing isn't TOO bad. You just have to spam taunt on em as soon as they activate and have control of them well before they land (later fight, just anticipate this by targeting off 4th boss on boss frames and start spamming taunt on it as another boss is dying).

From time to time though I space out and this happens
http://mysticalos.com/images/total_rikkal.jpg

But in general, it's not too bad :)

Um, no? We lost several pulls during heroic progression because a healer would be deathgripped in mid air and slam dunked like MJ.

The solution was we made them not preheal and then I taunted half way so even if I was gripped the taunt would still be active when it landed.
12/11/2013 07:04 AMPosted by Wnba
The solution was we made them not preheal and then I taunted half way so even if I was gripped the taunt would still be active when it landed.

Exactly, taunt should be active on mob before it lands. The issue is the boss activates before it hits the ground. You have to treat it as such and pick it up BEFORE IT HITS THE GROUND. you cannot taunt it when it lands and expect it not to kill someone on way down, because the reality of it is, that boss was untanked for 2-5 seconds. "Jump to Center" which is what bosses cast when they activate, is their true activation point and when you need to cast taunt. Heck, I cast taunt and hit em with heroic throw the second it's not an invalid target. I target boss before it's about to activate and literally sit there spamming taunt on it until invalid target goes away. You know what, the boss always runs to me when it lands and doesn't whack anyone on way down.
The fight gets crazy and it's easy to not get there fast enough though. Late fight I may not be able to stop reaver from eating someone when he jumps down, but that's on me, not the fight IMO.

As for others commenting about abilities at same time and variations. That's been going on since beginning. Also, how one bosses abilities line up with another will almost always be variable because bosses (each one individually) have their own timers that start when they jump down. As such, If a boss jumps down at 7:00 one pull and 7:20 the next. the difference between those two pulls might be that on pull one he casts catalyst at same time as fiery edge. on pull 2, they were 20 seconds apart. That's just how the fight works. Purple catalyst and fiery edge at same time is crazy fun I tell you. However, that's not blamable on 5.4.2. That's just really crap timing on your boss kills that allowed those two abilities to sync their nasties.
With the changed reverted, the fight is now back to how it was before.
Fight is perfect now.
Korven seems to apply the Vicious Assault (DOT) debuff on Shield Bash now instead of the first hit of Vicious Assault frontal cone attack. Just FYI