dismiss pet nerf?

Arenas
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
Its the next best thing

so spending a glyph slot so you can sham wall out of magic stuns is as good as a trinket
Well hunter / shaman / ret (or warrior) just took a big hit.
Hunters can't really run with shaman anymore imo
Yes. Good...good. Join us, join us....on the unviability train.

/cackle
/exit thread
no one is gonna hate this change more than luminant

It nerfed ret's only comp it can run this season and if you watch his or tony's stream it's going to have a huge impact. It was kind of dumb dismissing pets all the time though.
12/10/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Goonwan
Its the next best thing

so spending a glyph slot so you can sham wall out of magic stuns is as good as a trinket

Magic stuns, fears, polys, deeps, traps, etc... yea I'd say its almost as good

no just stuns.

Cant use it during fears polys (deep is a stun) traps. etc. etc.

you do realize you can only use it while stunned, idiot
Holinka just confirmed its intentional and just got left out of the notes on accident.
12/10/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink

no just stuns.

Cant use it during fears polys (deep is a stun) traps. etc. etc.

So its a magic dispell that can only be used during stuns?
There is a lot of thing you can't do in arena that can do in normal pvp. Once you went down that slope of what some can do and some can't so then it only a matter of time before some move that should not be removed were.

The solution

Give all classes all their spells and abilities back. Make Arena the same pvp rules as everywhere else in the game. Arena should no longer be a special case.
This change was intentional. Unfortunately, it didn't make it into the patch notes.

Dismiss Pet was frequently being used to bypass cooldowns on certain pet abilities, such as Roar of Sacrifice, or to swap out a dangerously wounded pet for one at full health. Neither of those were intended behavior. Furthermore, our design is that choosing your pet should feel similar to choosing a glyph or talent during pre-match preparation.

With this change, Hunters are able to switch pets during the pre-match preparation period, but unable to dismiss them once the match has begun.
Maybe put your intentional changes somewhere in the patch notes then to avoid this confusion in the future
12/10/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Lore
Furthermore, our design is that choosing your pet should feel similar to choosing a glyph or talent during pre-match preparation.

Will the same logic apply to warlock pets as well?
Who was complaining about this? A change like this is not something that happens in a mini-patch. Lore watches streams so I think I know what happened here. I expect stances/presences/mage armors/warlock pets etc. to not be changeable in arena soon enough. What a joke.
So the patch that was supposed to tone down warriors/mages actually nerfed other classes harder then the warriors and mages

ok
Any comments on why rage costs weren't added to warrior abilities?
So the patch that was supposed to tone down warriors/mages actually nerfed other classes harder then the warriors and mages

ok

ok
This is what happens when GC isn't there
It is kind of bs when a lock pet dies they can summon a new tank pet and take 20% less damage

ok
This is what happens when GC isn't there
We need that crab to protect us.

Anyways, that kills my dreams of playing scatterplay.