Priest is boring right now.

Priest
Ive tried shadow, holy and disc but its just so slow and boring. But b/c im only lvl 20 atm, I have to ask, does it get better later on? I don't care for mind flay and SW:P takes forever to kill enemies.
Depends on what you mean by "better". If you want to level fast, do lots of dungeons. Over and over until you're sick of them and you're having dreams about them. I've just been hitting tons of 5-man LFR's not only for leveling reasons, but also to hone my heal skills.

I think that in order to level a priest one has to have a certain affinity for pain. I like to take the hardest route (in real life too!). Don't give up. Scan the forums, check out the tons of resources on the net about priests and how they work. Good luck with your struggle.
At your level with heirlooms in shadow just running around chucking SW:P should eventually kill enemies

and with PW:S and renew you won't really die. Don't have to pull 1 by 1 and kill. Pull lots and multi dot.
I might go and start a new career, ill do two weeks and decide if it's boring or not... Just stick with it for a while lol.
i stopped reading when i saw that you are level 20 and complaining
Shadow is pretty boring at level 20 because you just get mind flay and SWP. Stick with it, it gets better.
Everything is slow and boring at level 20. You barely have any abilities yet. Complaining about a class being boring when you're level 20 is like complaining about a cake not tasting good when it's still raw eggs.
When I leveled my priest, disc + wand spec was the only way to level until the 50-60 range. I can only imagine how much quicker it goes now :P
Shadow is stupid amounts of fun at lvl 90 plain and simple, sometimes you wish you had more than one damage spec for your Main but Shadow is just awesome fun.
Shadow is a blast at max level
Go disc and sign up for lfg and pretty much solo them or if you into pvp go trash some battlegrounds as you top damage and healing and can pretty much tank half a enemy team.

I'm leveling another warlock to 90 though pvp at the same time as my disc priest and compared to my warlock this disc feels like some kind of godmode.
I agree with seeleesser. Go disc and que for dungeons. Leveling a priest is not exactly fun until later in game. I think after 40 or so. When I leveled this toon we didn't have dungeon ques. It was painful and till like lvl 20 or 30 i was wanding crap. it sucked. End game is a blast, so do stick with it.
When I leveled my priest, disc + wand spec was the only way to level until the 50-60 range. I can only imagine how much quicker it goes now :P

Lol those were some times. I miss being disc/shadow mix tho.
IMO Every class is boring until 90.
find 9 other bored disc priest, queue for WSG, destroy everything in path, yes, I have done it. AND IT FELT GREAT!
At level 20, all healers are pretty boring because you only have a few healing spells.
I agree with seeleesser. Go disc and que for dungeons. Leveling a priest is not exactly fun until later in game. I think after 40 or so. When I leveled this toon we didn't have dungeon ques. It was painful and till like lvl 20 or 30 i was wanding crap. it sucked. End game is a blast, so do stick with it.

Ah the good old days having to wand mobs because you did't have enough mana to even kill 1 sometimes without having to drink mana water (lol ask a new player what that is and they will have no clue).

Low level stuff is a joke these days just the other day i joined a group for WC and the tank was a 800 hp ret pally so everyone else quit and then he quit so i just soloed the instance just using power word shield and pretty much never even took damage.
I love raiding as disc. It gets better, it just depends on your play style.
I just made this guy a few days ago and it definitely gets better. And what people have said is true, if you want could even level as disc go into LFDs and just be top DPS and keep everyone up. Can solo everything. Than just be shadow at higher levels. Leveling a priest has honestly been one of the easiest classes to level.
Priests damage is pathetic for just normal play in the world. I suppose it's pretty average in a raiding situation, but in many cases people don't care about a priests' dps in a boss fight.

Go warlock, hunter or shaman if you want balls to the wall dps for farming/questing.