Compelled to be an Orc

General Discussion
Orc, no. Horde, yes.

Living there for 25k years seems like it qualifies them.

How long have we lived on north america?...

The draenei didn't live on Dreanor for 25, 000 years. They only arrived about 200 or so years before the events of Rise of The Horde.

"Nearly 200 years before the First War, Velen and his draenei settled upon a remote and peaceful world that seemed an ideal refuge"

Seems you are right, but I remembered reading something about 25,000 years.

What does this mean then?
"Eventually, Talgath—after some 25,000 years of pursuit—stumbled upon Draenor sensing the sweet minting essence of eredar magic [9][10], and reported back to Kil'jaeden."

Were the Draenei floating around in space for that long then?
Does anyone else feel sort of compelled or pressured to create an Orc before WoD comes out since it is so Orc-centric? Like you can't fully experience everything or fully "get it" unless you play an Orc?

not even remotely
WHAT?! DONT YOU EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Once a Gnome always a Gnome.
12/23/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Evilnic

They were moving from planet to planet, and the legion kept finding them and they had to keep running. They usually stayed one step ahead of the legion until Kil'jaeden found them but used the orcs instead so they couldn't leave in time.
12/23/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Healstime

They were moving from planet to planet, and the legion kept finding them and they had to keep running. They usually stayed one step ahead of the legion until Kil'jaeden found them but used the orcs instead so they couldn't leave in time.

Ah, ty for the info
Thanks all! I feel much better knowing I don't HAVE to play an Orc. I have come to respect Thrall, but not really enough to want to roll an Orc.
I'm always an orc. I play my irl race to feel more comfortable.
If Garrosh is going to an alternate dimension where the consequences of his actions isn't going to affect our current time line then what is the point of stopping him if the consequences of his actions won't affect us? If Garrosh's actions does affect what will happen in our future then it will create a paradox because his purpose to go back in time would change now that he has gone back in time with a purpose to change a particular thing.
Not changing our past but he is attacking us in the present and that is why we go back to stop him.
OP, stop!

You're just having a lapse in judgement. Hopefully you'll come to your senses within the next few weeks.
Working on it.
Does anyone else feel sort of compelled or pressured to create an Orc before WoD comes out since it is so Orc-centric? Like you can't fully experience everything or fully "get it" unless you play an Orc?

Even though it takes place in Draenor and the Draenei come from there, too...it feels like their part in the story is minimal in this expansion. So I don't necessarily feel compelled to play a Draenei as much.

I know it sounds stupid, but I actually feel this way and wondered if others do too. FYI, I play Alliance like 90% of the time.

Good lord no. I wouldn't ever play an orc.
It's either master race orc or cool legit goblin.