Best Hunter pets for survival?

Hunter
Hi I've been out of the loop for a while but I was wondering what the best hunter pets are for survival?

I currently have a wolf and a sporebat.
sporebat.
Haha I saw that sporebat video... lol.
wind serpent/dragonhawk, hyena/serpent, cat, any other buff/debuff pet (this is in addition to your two pets)
for group work, it's whatever buff/debuff isn't being provided already.
for solo work, it doesn't matter one bit (although bear/carrion bird and turtle/beetle make good tenacity pets for the attack power debuff/extra defensive cooldown)
but the first and foremost answer is always and will forever be

12/27/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Leorina
sporebat.
The sporebat use to be best pet back in Cata, but as for Mop the best currently is the GOAT with their debuff....
I assume we are talking about soloing, as in a group, its all about what buff the group does not already have.

Simulaters will tell you the debuff pets are better than the buff pets, but in in actual use, you get some shots off before the pet gets there to apply the debuff, this makes buffs better in my opinion.

Best non exotic pet buff for soloing is 10% haste, provided by hyenas, as 10% haste better than 5% anything else.
It's not really Haste though, right? It's just melee and Hunter attack speed. I like 5% crit from Wolves.

It also depends on your comp, whether Arena or Raids. You don't want to bring redundant buffs or CC. For Arena, it also depends on the opposing comp, whether you need Disarm, Casting debuff or another CC, etc.

Pets are where we get versatility and flexibility, kinda like old Shaman totems but with more premeditation.
I assume we are talking about soloing, as in a group, its all about what buff the group does not already have.

Simulaters will tell you the debuff pets are better than the buff pets, but in in actual use, you get some shots off before the pet gets there to apply the debuff, this makes buffs better in my opinion.

Best non exotic pet buff for soloing is 10% haste, provided by hyenas, as 10% haste better than 5% anything else.

Finally someone with my admiration for the Hyena! Ugly ugly pet though.
12/30/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Bravotwonine
Hyena! Ugly ugly pet though.
take it back.
I use:

Wolf for soloing/5 mans etc
Hyena for melee haste (when our DK isn't there, or for Spoils, or for Garrosh when our DK is going to die, etc.
Sporebat for caster haste (surprisingly, a lot of my LFRs are Sporebat)
Bird thing I got near the barrens for the Armor Pen/sunder. I rarely use this.
Loque for the 1% of the time I switch to BM (actually, less than 1% but I'll round up).
I'm asked to bring my hyena a lot for attack speed. I'm also asked for the sporebat a lot even though I sometimes pretend I don't know what they mean bc I hate it hence I named it what I did. Lol
I only use the fox. His play ability is just too damn entertaining
For raiding i take:
Cat for mastery
Wolf for crit
Snake for attack speed
Sporebat for spell haste

and my 5th slot is my goat for pvp
lol is Goat really that good? My friend had a goat farm and they're just not a deadly fantasy creature.. I can't do it.
sporebat.
sporebat.

you say that mockingly but the buff least covered in most 10m groups is only supplied from hunters in the form of a spore bat. Its it a must have for any raiding hunter.

My standard list is;

Sporebat SHST
Hyena - ASPD
Cat - Mastery & Spirit beast as BM
Wolf - Crit & Quilen as BM
Corehound: lust (i bring it as both specs incase a lust is required i will spec BM)