Anyone staying blood elf?

Paladin
Pallys already have a stun, so I would think silence is better, no?
While I am a bit tired of the Blood Elf animations, I always feel like I am moving in slow motion when I play a Tauren. I have seven 80s, only one being a Tauren, the druid, who is never in cow form >_<

As far as the racials, Arcane Torrent is pretty irreplaceable, we have a stun, we do not have an aoe silence. This is especially true for Holy Paladins who lack Avenger's Shield silence or Rebuke to interrupt. Not to mention the mana return is going to be even more helpful in Cataclysm with mana mattering more.
I will switch to Tauren
Pallys already have a stun, so I would think silence is better, no?

I am usually pvping as prot, so I get less DR from the stun than from the silence.

Plus, people can still move when you silence them... and sometimes baddies will trinket a 2 second stun.
Of course, pig tails.

Which are not showing up right now. It seems avatars are not updating.

I have also always preferred the Tauren model to the Blood Elf. I'm a big hairy guy. I know it is a game, but I like to make my characters to match myself as much as I can. Tauren do that better then Blood Elves any day of the week.

/cringe in horror
I value my small Blood Elf model. Tauren are just too big and take up too much real estate on my screen.

Having said that, if they had offered Undead as an option I would race-change, even though Undead racials are pretty bad now.
I can hear the jokes now:

"Son, only steers and !@#*!s are horde paladins, and you don't look much like a steer so that narrows down the choices"
haha never thought of that, well played
I 'm not. I always play male characters. I decided I wanted a hot belf chick to be the "toughest" of my toons. (only toon of mine that tanks.) Love the irony. Barbiedin ftw.
There is a very good chance I will go Tauren when it hits live, and it has nothing to do with racial abilities. Having gone through 99% of the Wrath content, I can't ever remember a point where AT saved me or my raid from my role. I don't have mana problems, and it is not my job to interrupt the boss. We have specific dps assigned to that, so the tanks are free to tank.

I have also always preferred the Tauren model to the Blood Elf. I'm a big hairy guy. I know it is a game, but I like to make my characters to match myself as much as I can. Tauren do that better then Blood Elves any day of the week.

Plus, I tank. an extra 5% hp may not seem like much, but every little bit helps.
just fyi, it's 5% base health. so it's about 500hp at 85, i hear
I do like my Barbie Paladin sir. Not going cow level, I dont.
<--- Vain

Not getting rid of my green eyed, red headed wrecking ball of hotness.
Though I wield a tiny 2h toothpick as a female blood elf, I can't stand tauren 2h animations so I'm thinking blood elf all the way!
There is a very good chance I will go Tauren when it hits live, and it has nothing to do with racial abilities. Having gone through 99% of the Wrath content, I can't ever remember a point where AT saved me or my raid from my role. I don't have mana problems, and it is not my job to interrupt the boss. We have specific dps assigned to that, so the tanks are free to tank.

Plus, I tank. an extra 5% hp may not seem like much, but every little bit helps.
just fyi, it's 5% base health. so it's about 500hp at 85, i hear

Hence why I said it may not seem like much, but every little bit helps.
I'm poor. I'm staying BElf. Plus, I just don't like the Tauren animations. So big and bulky. D:
Go cow and lose my girlish figure? No way! Besides, who wants fleas?
Hence why I said it may not seem like much, but every little bit helps.

It is (or was) closer to a 2khp difference for a paladin at 85. But it's ~2k out of 160k+ unbuffed that the last round of premades had (not the raid geared tier). In context of the level 85 health pools...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27026401591&sid=1 OP on this has a good detail of the stats you'll be looking at as Tauren tanks of various classes.