New player looking for guidance

New Player Help and Guides

IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE GAME AND HAVE NEVER PLAYED:

Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? does not matter

Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? umm i can handle both

What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! Final fantasy XI, Aion, Ragnarok online. I have for ffxi and aion gone with the tanking route and have enjoyed it and in ragnarok online have done the dps route with the wizard.

Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells?
healing self would be cool but is not important and healing others not so much haha.

Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces?
both is fine for me

Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat?
ripping out internal organs lol

Are you okay playing a class that's very common? Or would you prefer to be the black sheep and be a bit different? Does not matter it seems tanks and heals are out of play right now for end game...but i don't know

Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? Own and probably doing solo stuff and instances.

Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you?
warriors, paladins, and this warlock i have

Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history.
not really

Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to).
no role playing for me

Are you the knight type or the enchantress? Shady dealer or sniper? Any extra details you might want to toss in might help.
I enjoy being the knight type able to help my party out when in need i just feel bad if we wipe or i do something retarded. But i also like to just sit back and blast away with dps.

Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down.

Nah well from what i know we have the new class/race combo's now? so doesn't matter

Easy to level or are you up for a little challenge? Some classes are a little tedious at lower levels, while others are just flat out zippy from start to finish. That challenge could pay off in the end.

Doesn't matter bring on any challenges i'll bear with it!

I'm not sure what i wanna do really i want a class that will be able to get me into raids probably in the near future, but also like the idea of dps so i'm not superly depended on lol! just in case work calls and i can't make a raid group. But we will see! thanks everyone
To give you my brief view on the three classes you mentioned:

Retribution Paladins (that's the DPS kind) have several of the toys that the other kinds (tanking and healing) paladins have, though some are generally not quite as easy to use and some are generally not quite as powerful as those of another paladin. In a pinch, they can do wonders however.

Warrior DPSers are a tad more independent. With the changes, their self-healing is impressive but they don't shine nearly as much as Protection Warriors when it comes to helping your group. Arms Warriors, however, do bring quite a bit of utility to the disco.

Warlocks are handy for their ability to summon other players from anywhere in the world (with the help of two other people) as well as their ability to save a single person from dying every half-hour (or has the time changed again?). This soulstoning ability is a tad less useful now than it was a month ago, but it can still save your party from a wipe if used on the tank or healer.

The bottom line, in my opinion, is that to find the class most suited to you you have to try them out. Since you have already more-or-less narrowed your choices down to three classes, and you have already tried one, you could go and simply try one of the other two.

I do suggest, however, that you stick with a class until you're sure it's not what you want to play in the long run. In my experience, any class can be immense fun and very powerful in almost any situation. Rolling alt after alt is the worst way to experience endgame content, because you won't. You can always start new characters once you have a level-capped one, and then you will have a much better idea of the game as a whole and classes you'd like to try.

Hope this was at least slightly useful, Mahkar. To those who may be more familiar with those classes after all the changes, I hope I wasn't misleading. Please correct me if I'm wrong before I ruin this poor Orc's future!
Ahh cool thanks Shawb! So far the lock is fun the micro management is also amusing as well...because well i got my partied wiped accidently because i wasn't paying attention and he aggro'd a boss haha! I'll see how far i can take the lock and if i get bored i will just make an alt warrior or pld thanks again!