Boomkin or Shadow Priest...

General Discussion
Im gonna be making an alliance Alt soon and I cant decide between the two.

I'm gonna be doing ZERO PvP and focus on Questing, Dungeoning, etc

What are the Pro's and Cons of each?

Because everywhere I look in old threads and other forums the opinions are all over the place.
What is more appealing at first glance?
balance offers way more variety

shadow priest offers decent enough spells

I would say balance just because it's what I play and aside from the nerfed damage from the retarded eclipse function and me having to constantly rotate to get lunar eclipse...thanks blizzard...it does offer versatility, utility, and variety. Also you get to be a bird. That's always fun to sky dive.
i love my shadow priest but, (even with 543 ilvl) my dps is lacking. I would go for a boomkin.
Balance is more gear dependent and requires more dedication but is (IMO) more rewarding to play when pulled off.

Shadow is too, but less so than balance and doesn't feel as rewarding to me.

Balance has more opportunities for off specs too if that is important to you, and off healing is also better. Shadow feels like a DPS with a couple healing CDs, boomkin feels like a healer with a bit of extra damage.
I think it all really depends on exactly how much you want to be a critchicken.
Boomkin if you want to play the game.

Shadow priest if you want to be on the bench.
Well, if this has any bearing on things, at the LFR level Shadow Priests are doing extremely well and Boomkin are a bit below the middle of the pack. That's according to Raidbots anyway (http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25L/100/14/60/default/).
I found leveling/questing as moonkin really painful. (Caveat: my druid is mainspec resto and only has a balance [sometimes feral!] spec for the purposes of leveling and the occasional daily I can't con my way into a party for.) Shadow felt a lot better to me while leveling.

Moonkin are, ime, very gear dependent, so if you're just going to run LFR you're not going to see the crazy DPS people are talking about here. (My guild leader, who plays balance, just subbed in for a friend's raid team this week and got some gear and he's been talking my ear off about how just a few pieces of normal mode gear have made a huge improvement in his DPS -- more than he's seen with his other classes.)

You might also consider if either of the classes have an off-spec you might be good at or like to try.

I like the looks and sound of the Shadow Priest.

The gear and the overall mechanics are more my taste.

The Boomkin just seems like it would be really fun, but all I have read for the past hour is how annoying the Eclipse rotation is to keep up with.
01/07/2014 01:50 AMPosted by Coldhand

The Boomkin just seems like it would be really fun, but all I have read for the past hour is how annoying the Eclipse rotation is to keep up with.

Because

it

is
Boomkin if you want to play the game.

Shadow priest if you want to be on the bench.

Wat.

Shadow is perfectly fine, and actually pretty easy to play.
I just got my shadow priest to 90 last night. It's been brilliant fun. The best part is in dungeons when you can DoT up about 4 or 5 mobs, and you turn into a mind blast turret.
01/07/2014 01:50 AMPosted by Coldhand

You seem inclined to play a shadow priest then. Roll with it.
SPriest::
Pros:
of the clothies, only priests can use spirit cloth
Levitate
Leap of Faith

Cons:
not a druid

Boomkin::
Pros:
Flight Form
Prowl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zuH8srcwE0
Ysera's Gift
indoor speed boost and two sprints
you can be a mount

Cons:
limited race selection
I just got my shadow priest to 90 last night. It's been brilliant fun. The best part is in dungeons when you can DoT up about 4 or 5 mobs, and you turn into a mind blast turret.

I find dungeons to be the worst actually, everything dies too fast for my dots to take full effect. D:
01/07/2014 02:01 AMPosted by Kenshimoo

I find dungeons to be the worst actually, everything dies too fast for my dots to take full effect. D:

Yeah they die quick. Because I kill them! Mwahahaha!
shadow...its funny im a warlock and I like shadows dots more than afflictions...
Shadow is perfectly fine, and actually pretty easy to play.

I don't think so, my main is a Shadow Priest and i would say that SP is harder than Warlock for pvp, i have both.

Shadow Priest may be a killing machine and even have a higher dps than destro locks on BGs, but the bad part of being an Shadow Priest is because the survival and mobility is very bad.

The main attack is channeled and you must stand still to cast, and if you're fighting against a melee, you can't do anything while you move, except burn your mana with Shadow Word: Pain.
Moonkins is a lot better with survival and mobility because you just need to put your dots and wait for the Shooting Stars happen, and GG.

But for PvE, Moonkins are lame for AoE and good only with single targets, while Shadow Priest are awesome for PvE in every way.
I don't think so, my main is a Shadow Priest and i would say that SP is harder than Warlock for pvp, i have both.

Shadow Priest may be a killing machine and even have a higher dps than destro locks on BGs, but the bad part of being an shadow priest is because the survival and mobility is very lame.

The main attack is channeled and you must stand still to cast, and if you're fighting against a melee, you can't do anything while you move, except burn your mana with Shadow Word: Pain.
Moonkins is a lot better with survival and mobility because you just need to put your dots and wait for the Shooting Stars happen, and GG.

The OP specifically said that he has no interest in PvP.