Boomkin or Shadow Priest...

General Discussion
The OP specifically said that he has no interest in PvP.

Well PvP in this game is something that we must have someday even with we wanting or not, just like ganks of the PvP for the legendary quest.
It is better he know about the PvP stuff as soon as possible, so he don't regret in a near future.

but for PvE i already said everything and there is nothing much to say about that.

Moonkin = Good for Single Target, Bad for AoE (most of SoO fights are multi target)
Shadow Priest = Better than Moonkins for PvE in every way, equally good for PvP.
Honestly the only thing thats holding me back is all of the badass extras that come with being a druid.

Aquatic form, Travel form, Flight form etc etc

But then again they are just extras.

Nice to have but not a necessity
I also see that Shadow Priests seem to be at the bottom of every DPS list.

I dont really care about being the Top DPS in a Raid or Dungeon, but I wanna at least be of use.

Shadow Priests arent THAT bad at DPS are they?

I dont really care about being the Top DPS in a Raid or Dungeon, but I wanna at least be of use.

Is all about Gear, Talents, Stats and Rotation my friend.
At least for me, Shadow Priest may have an equal or even higher dps than Destro Warlocks with the same ilvl depending on the player, if the player KNOWS what he are doing and what he must do next.

Shadow Priests and Moonkins probably are the hardest casters of the game, because is very rare to see them around there, and even harder seing them on top of recount.
Shadow is about average in PvE. Pretty bad single target DPS (although on the single target fights this tier they make up for it by being able to soak mechanics), above average on multi-target fights.

We're not the best, but we're not the worst. We're just kinda okay.
I think I am gonna do a Shadow Priest.

I see so many Mages, Warlocks, and Druids.

The priest seems like its underplayed so it would be nice to separate from the general masses.

Also the things that the Priest CAN do interest me.

- Very good healer if I wanted to off-spec as one.

- Shadow Form looks badass.

- Gear looks great.

I think my mind has been made up.

Thank you all so much for your input and advice.

No, they aren't. I already posted this in this thread, but I'll post it again.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25L/100/14/60/default/

Raidbots is based on actual DPS parses, not simulations like Noxxic's DPS rankings.

No, they aren't. I already posted this in this thread, but I'll post it again.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25L/100/14/60/default/

Raidbots is based on actual DPS parses, not simulations like Noxxic's DPS rankings.

Thank you! I apologize for missing your post earlier.

I'm glad there are actual numbers I can see.

Makes me feel alot better about my choice.
I love them both but I lean shadow priest (it's my main) because eclipse and long cast times can be very frustrating in certain situations
do you always want to look like a fat chicken or look Awesome?

There's a glyph for that.
Play what you enjoy. Boomkin has far better utility than Shadow. You have all other specs to chose from if you want to check out another role. If the Boomkin model is unappealing to you, there is always the glyph of stars which is nice for a visual change.

As far as dps goes, I've come to find people perform better on toons they enjoy playing than toons they don't.

Aesthetically, Balance provides more visually appealing attacks than Shadow as well. Different colored spells flying all over vs. purple laser.
As far as dps goes, I've come to find people perform better on toons they enjoy playing than toons they don't.

This so much this.

I frankly used to love boomkin but lately to level my druids I have had to go Feral Kitty or guardian.. questing as boomkin well is not great

My priest is a blast to play but I am enjoying Disc more than Shadow
I've played either shadow/holy priest or Balance/resto druid since this game's inception and I'd have to say go with Boomkin. Shadow has felt... wrong... ever since Cata. I think the shadow orb mechanic turns me off to the spec these days.

I frankly used to love boomkin but lately to level my druids I have had to go Feral Kitty or guardian.. questing as boomkin well is not great

I had no problem leveling as balance... but then again I've never gone kitty to compare.
Both are incredibly easy to level while still being fun and engaging.

(speaking from personal experience:) Shadow is completely pants-on-head powerful while leveling though and not even Rogues or Prot Warriors will bother you. Power Word:Shield basically doubles your health up to Cataclysm content and you have three abilities that are capable of one-hitting everything.
and you have three abilities that are capable of one-hitting everything.

What abilities does a shadow priest have that one shots while leveling?... or ever?
01/07/2014 05:45 AMPosted by Erras
What abilities does a shadow priest have that one shots while leveling?... or ever?

Haven't leveled as Shadow in a loooooong time, but I'm assuming Mind Blast and Devouring Plague.

Haven't leveled as Shadow in a loooooong time, but I'm assuming Mind Blast and Devouring Plague.

I haven't leveled in a long while either, but I don't think even a high end mind blast crit won't one shot though, unless you really out-gear/level the mobs. Devo might one shot, but even then you'd have to wait for the DoT to tick, I'd think. Shadow priests aren't really a one-shot type class... its more of a smooth death over time kind of thing.