WoW Launcher stuck at "Applying Updates"?

Technical Support
Whenever i open my WoW launcher it goes straight to "Applying updates 0%" and it stays like that unmoving. I have been letting it run for a pretty long time now and it has not budged from 0%.

I recently did a System restore and tried deleting the Patch.MPQ but i could not find the file in the designated folder.
I am having the same problem. Very frustrating.
Same problem. Tried restarting, and have now been waiting about a half hour and still at 0%.
I had some success a couple days ago when I patched 4.01, but now the same problem is back again. Last time I just updated my graphics card drivers. Not sure what to do now.
I had this problem.

Resinstalled WoW and repatched and it still occured.

Restarted my PC, chose to run the launcher.exe from the WoW folder 'run as administrator' and it worked.

May just have been a lucky fix but that's what I did and am now playing on live
I'm running Windows 7. Tried the run as administrator method and it did not work.
Random fix. I opened the launcher and when it started to freeze up. I closed the window and saw the blizzard downloader in the system tray. Opened the launcher again and the download began like normal. Not sure if this will work for everyone.

I'm using Win XP.
Random fix. I opened the launcher and when it started to freeze up. I closed the window and saw the blizzard downloader in the system tray. Opened the launcher again and the download began like normal. Not sure if this will work for everyone.

I'm using Win XP.

I'm not even seeing the icon in the system tray like usual :/
I restarted my machine and it then worked for me.
my launcher was stuck at "applying update 0%" , and then i would get a "unable to connect to updater" message and my launcher would close. not sure if this is your exact problem, but this is what i did to fix it. just goto your update folder and look for any file that was modified today (or whatever day you d/led patch 4.0.3a) and delete them all. then reclick your launcher.exe and it will d/l at phase 1 or 2 again. hopefully like in my case when it gets to the "applying updates" part again, it will immediately finish and your play button will work.
Try this first:

Go to the Control Panel and open up Internet Options.
Click on the Connections tab.
Click the button called "LAN Settings"
Uncheck all of the options on that screen.
Then try again.

If that does not work, go back in and check the box to "Automatically Detect Settings" and test once more.

It could also be a permissions issue.

Make sure that you are on the administrative account for the computer, and if you are on Windows Vista or Windows 7 try right-clicking on the shortcut and running as administrator instead of double-clicking.

If that does not work, you can also try to take ownership of the entire World of Warcraft folder, which can sometimes fix this.

How to take ownership in Vista/7: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

How to take ownership in XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
If you are still having issues, check to make sure that your antivirus is not detecting a false-positive in the program and blocking the patch. If it is, you will need to flag the file as safe.

I have also seen people have success by disabling their antivirus temporarily.
Account and Technical Services || I am available 6:45AM-3:45PM Pacific
Can't find a resolution on the forums, contact a Support Rep directly: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RZRWLCB < Show me you love me!
The word lethologica describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
Try this first:

Go to the Control Panel and open up Internet Options.
Click on the Connections tab.
Click the button called "LAN Settings"
Uncheck all of the options on that screen.
Then try again.

If that does not work, go back in and check the box to "Automatically Detect Settings" and test once more.

It could also be a permissions issue.

Make sure that you are on the administrative account for the computer, and if you are on Windows Vista or Windows 7 try right-clicking on the shortcut and running as administrator instead of double-clicking.

If that does not work, you can also try to take ownership of the entire World of Warcraft folder, which can sometimes fix this.

How to take ownership in Vista/7: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

How to take ownership in XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
If you are still having issues, check to make sure that your antivirus is not detecting a false-positive in the program and blocking the patch. If it is, you will need to flag the file as safe.

I have also seen people have success by disabling their antivirus temporarily.

I tried all of these and still no fix.
I am the administrator on my account and have been running as admin.
I tried the control panel option and that doesnt change a single thing.
There is still the stuck at 0% and I still cannot click on the connections button (if I am calling it that correctly).
The only thing I can assume is that since I am on a college campus, our school technically has things like the downloader slowed by something with their own firewall.
I work at the tech help on campus, and I talked to my boss that handles it. Since the downloader does use P2P, it will be slowed. This is better than what it was, which used to be blocked.
He is going to look into it and see if there is something on our side because off campus it worked for my friends when they took their computers home for the break.

I kind of wished that Blizz offered a way of downloading that was not p2p, because I feel like I am losing a bit of my monthly payment as a college student with not much money to have to begin with. Now that isn't Blizzard's fault at all, I just would hope for another non p2p option for downloading.
I've tried all of the above after running into the same problem to no avail.
I've rebooted, I've checked my internet settings, I've disabled virus scan, I've made sure my permissions are correct, and I've launched it running as admin, and unchecked the 'protect my computer from...' option when running the Launcher directly out of the WoW folder.

I saw in another thread that someone thought it was a Flash issue, so I reinstalled that as well, just in case. No luck, though.

Another poster said they accidentally had a copy of WoW running in the background somehow and they needed to kill that process, but my process list looks clean.

Any other ideas? I'm about at my wit's end.
I was having an issue of my launcher being stuck applying updates. I was able to fix this by deselecting read only in the properties of the world of warcraft folder in my program files. I applied it to that folder and all sub folders and files. I hope this helps some of you.

Semper Fidelis
Same problem as everyone else here... Hope fix is found.
Ive tried everythign possible recommended. Has anybody found a fix yet?