Selling Hyjal Greens

Customer Support
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Banned men tell no tales!!!
Can forget Realm First Illustrious Enchanting and Tailoring if some people are able to farm greens and Embersilk for 2 weeks in advance. :(
Someone is selling greens from Mt hyjal, They are alot better than ICC25 BIS weapons and gear.

I have a ticket open, but should i keep it open? Is this content released? or is it some form of exploit.
all replys welcome, blues and community.

Cheers, ~K

Yes, Korax, please keep your petition open and it will be looked into.

We are aware that some players seem to be exploiting this area and are currently investigating the matter. All appropriate actions will be taken for such exploitation.

Hyjal is a fully accessable zone right now. There is no easy way to get into the zone, but it can be done. From what I've read from blue posts, there is nothing wrong with travelling into the area.

The zone is there, it isn't fully accessible as there are mechanics in place that should be removing you from the area. If you are circumventing those mechanics, you are exploiting.

We are aware that some players seem to be exploiting this area and are currently investigating the matter. All appropriate actions will be taken for such exploitation.

Hyjal is a fully accessable zone right now. There is no easy way to get into the zone, but it can be done. From what I've read from blue posts, there is nothing wrong with travelling into the area.

The zone is there, it isn't fully accessible as there are mechanics in place that should be removing you from the area. If you are circumventing those mechanics, you are exploiting.

Just out of interest Vrak, say.... Curiosity and the cat have a conversation say, hypothetically if the cat decided to try and walk into one of the zones and got the whole "Blizzards, no mans land" port, but then decided it wasnt such a crash hot idea and just wandered off. We wont get into trouble right? :/

I'm assuming not since the cat didnt try and get around it, just accepted the 30s stun and continued to check out your changes :P
It is an exploit and I expect a ton of incoming QQ when people start losing gear and getting suspended for it. I would advise reporting people that are selling the gear and not buying or trading for any of it.

I'd highly disagree. There was a blue post saying "Do you expect people to be getting in to those zones?" And Blizzard said, "Of course, people up to the challenge will, but they're phased out of quests so it's really not a concern."

And it's temporary.

Of course Blizzard expects people to find a way to exploit something. It always happens :(

Just out of interest Vrak, say.... Curiosity and the cat have a conversation say, hypothetically if the cat decided to try and walk into one of the zones and got the whole "Blizzards, no mans land" port, but then decided it wasnt such a crash hot idea and just wandered off. We wont get into trouble right? :/

I'm assuming not since the cat didnt try and get around it, just accepted the 30s stun and continued to check out your changes :P

I'd think that Blizzard would be in a terrible position from their perspectives. From an explorer, they're mindlessly, harmlessly wandering the non-frozen wastes. From Blizzards perspectives, they're useless hacking exploiters that have teeth that are 8 inches long, drool lava, have the eyes of serpents and must be made an example of without wasting their time (IE Perman ban and deny/auto reply to emails petitioning against it).

So, I would suggest the cat there not get it's head hacked off with an axe and left to dry in the blood red sun over Cataclysmic skies, but that cat you speak of is probably Blizzards multiple-thousand account list thats in their data records thats going to be sacraficed for the betterment of their self esteem (Since the ToS says they can ban anyone for any reason, might as well be this one).

From what I've seen I'm already disappointed in how harsh Blizzard is and from this I'm expecting quite a few unhappy cats getting killed with Blizzards axe without it being the right decision on either end.

I'd think that Blizzard would be in a terrible position from their perspectives. From an explorer, they're mindlessly, harmlessly wandering the non-frozen wastes. From Blizzards perspectives, they're useless hacking exploiters that have teeth that are 8 inches long, drool lava, have the eyes of serpents and must be made an example of without wasting their time (IE Perman ban and deny/auto reply to emails petitioning against it).

So, I would suggest the cat there not get it's head hacked off with an axe and left to dry in the blood red sun over Cataclysmic skies, but that cat you speak of is probably Blizzards multiple-thousand account list thats in their data records thats going to be sacraficed for the betterment of their self esteem (Since the ToS says they can ban anyone for any reason, might as well be this one).

From what I've seen I'm already disappointed in how harsh Blizzard is and from this I'm expecting quite a few unhappy cats getting killed with Blizzards axe without it being the right decision on either end.

There's a HUGE difference between someone finding themselves in a closed zone and looking around and then leaving; and someone breaking in to the zone, getting ingame items not yet available and selling them or sharding them

If you are getting properly ported out and do not otherwise circumvent that mechanic I don't see an issue with it, Kassian.

Let's not confuse normal curiosity and exploration with active exploitation, Immortalsage. You do not accidentally enter the area and not get ported out, you have to try for it.

Just to emphasize one specific thing Vrak said:

Why is that important? Think about how people have gotten into those areas? They aren't just happy-go-lucky explorers. Using an older exploit as an example, to get past a gate, one had a warlock or priest fear you or a mage sheep you and hoped it made your character pass something that you couldn't normally get through.

The happy-go-lucky explorer comes to the gate, looks through, oohs and ahs, then heads off to continue exploring. The exploiter starts trying to come up with possible actions that might not have been considered by the programmers that could get them past the barrier.

============

Also, the harshness related to such exploits often has a lot to do with what exactly is done, how it's done, how the exploit is used, how it affects others, and so on.

Plenty of people have been under IF or SW without perma-bans. Warnings, ports out, and other training means have been used. Some accounts may have gotten perma-bans. The reason was using the exploit, but there was likely more to the situation than just the exploit.

There's a HUGE difference between someone finding themselves in a closed zone and looking around and then leaving; and someone breaking in to the zone, getting ingame items not yet available and selling them or sharding them

For the record, the cat in question, walked into the gates, looked at the funny men kneeling, got ported out, then left the zone.

So I'm pretty safe to assume "no action will be taken" since there where no rules broken no exploits etc.
I'd think that Blizzard would be in a terrible position from their perspectives. From an explorer, they're mindlessly, harmlessly wandering the non-frozen wastes

IDK, using certain exploits to affect others, seem pretty destructive and game breaking.

From Blizzards perspectives, they're useless hacking exploiters that have teeth that are 8 inches long, drool lava, have the eyes of serpents and must be made an example of without wasting their time (IE Perman ban and deny/auto reply to emails petitioning against it).

If you were exploiting the game, you deserved it. Using certain abilities to get around mechanics, or abilites that were not even designed for players to use in the first place, seems pretty fair. I guess people should be happy that they dont ban all accounts associated with accounts that exploit.

If they cheated, and found themselves at the top of the Penalty Volcano, I think its fair.

How is it fair that a few people found a way into restricted areas, farm items that can not be gained in a regular fashion, and extort the community into either paying insane prices, or not selling it and using it in an advantage in a PVP environment?

If you were exploring, and you did not attempt to get into an area, your fine.

People are exploiting an area to get an advantage in the game. As long as your not part of a certain group that exploits the game, 'brags' and posts videos about it, you shouldn't have to worry, now do you?
Thats not what I've seen. 22 of 24 members of my old guild were permanently banned for repeatedly opening their bags (My old account included), some maliciously, others not. Almost all early vanilla accounts, an entire families guild, plus friends, all bans that were not revoked.

Hence my 'Blizzard perma bans like they're at a parade throwing out candy' mentality. I'm pretty sure every member sent in all the emails, but they all got the "Ban will stand despite having perfect accounts for 5+ years, one night = a forever consequence, have fun not having fun over there you excluded worthless exploiting etc". I won't name names because thats not allowed and I'm not here to be actioned against yet again.

I'm just disappointed from the past and know Blizzards going to over react once again making more and more people as unhappy and angry as I am. I'm just going to stop emailing and probably start sending letters more often.

I feel like writing a letter. Expect to hear from me (for about the hundredth time) soon.
Thats not what I've seen. 22 of 24 members of my old guild were permanently banned for repeatedly opening their bags (My old account included), some maliciously, others not. Almost all early vanilla accounts, an entire families guild, plus friends, all bans that were not revoked.

Hence my 'Blizzard perma bans like they're at a parade throwing out candy' mentality. I'm pretty sure every member sent in all the emails, but they all got the "Ban will stand despite having perfect accounts for 5+ years, one night = a forever consequence, have fun not having fun over there you excluded worthless exploiting etc". I won't name names because thats not allowed and I'm not here to be actioned against yet again.

I'm just disappointed from the past and know Blizzards going to over react once again making more and more people as unhappy and angry as I am. I'm just going to stop emailing and probably start sending letters more often.

I feel like writing a letter. Expect to hear from me (for about the hundredth time) soon.

Was that when people were purposely crashing servers?

If so, it was deserved.

"I only sped that one time" doesn't hold weight
"Was that when people were purposely crashing servers?"

Nope, the people who crashed servers, even held them ransom to our raiding guilds (pay us or you'll never get to stay on long enough to raid), got off scot free. They're still online and get into pugs often since that was fixed, but it was terrible when they did it.

Was that when people were purposely crashing servers?

If so, it was deserved.

"I only sped that one time" doesn't hold weight

I am willing to bet it had something to do with "Unlimited Justice Points".

If not that, I am sure it was was other various other exploits. Harry Potter 1994

He is just brining more attention to himself and derailing the original point of this thread.
for repeatedly opening their bags (My old account included), some maliciously, others not

If this was relatively recent, none of you were banned for "opening their bags" - you were banned for what performing that action under certain circumstances could do because it could provide a competitive in-game edge over other players that was unintended.

<edit to add> It's really not relevant what the specific exploit was. The fact is that a normal player doesn't sit there "repeatedly opening their bags", especially not as one of an entire raid group doing so, unless they believe there's something unintended in-game to be gained by doing so.