Deathwing's hunt.

Barthilas
On a hunt for Deathwing.
Seen him in Blasted Lands as I was exiting Outlands... but it was too late because I had taken my flight to STV.
So I missed my chance.

Been looking for him. Guess it's bad timing.
Anyone know what his patrol path is (if he has one)?
Quite a few people i've spoken to seem to be thinking this is 100% random.

I'm hoping to see him at least once while i'm redoing all of loremaster.

If i see him i'll let you know.
You can't "hunt" him. It is completely random. Basically the achievement is pure blind (bad?) luck. He only strafes a zone a few times a day and the zone he chooses is completely random (all except for newbie zones and capital cities).

It happens so quick that even being alerted to it won't do you any good. You literally just have to be in the right (wrong?) place at the right (wrong?) time.
What's the achieve? Just shooting Deathwing or something?

You obtain an achievement for it, yes.
Just a little something to say you were here when he was wreaking havoc on the land.

The requirement is to die by his fire.
You can't "hunt" him. It is completely random. Basically the achievement is pure blind (bad?) luck. He only strafes a zone a few times a day and the zone he chooses is completely random (all except for newbie zones and capital cities).

It happens so quick that even being alerted to it won't do you any good. You literally just have to be in the right (wrong?) place at the right (wrong?) time.

He does actually attack lowbie areas at least he did in beta. He once snotted me while I was levelling my alt in the wetlands
He does actually attack lowbie areas at least he did in beta. He once snotted me while I was levelling my alt in the wetlands

He means places like Durotar, Mulgore, Elwynn Forest etc
Out of curiosity has anyone seen him on live yet?
Stonetalon today :33333, was only alliance in the zone.
Guildy got hit by it yesterday in EPL.
A guildy got hit in Southern Barrens tonight, although he said it hit the entire Barrens.
The hunt continues on...

Still yet to see him other than that missed chance on Wed night.

Although this has given me the opportunity to explore the new world! Lovin it.
Got my Sunflower pet and Mr. Grubbs already XD

As well, I tamed Ashtail! Go dancing gray fox!
Your whole screen goes red, and the entire zone is hit.

Kinda cool
Apparently it can take days for him to even visit any particular zone so you may want to get a rubix cube or something
Got it literally a few seconds after I logged in this morning, had logged this char out in Wetlands last night.
saw him in EPL this morning.