Slam/Bloodsurge After the Patch

Warrior
Is it worth using? I tried it out on a dummy and it seemed really underwhelming, even when I could fill EVERY gcd with a good string of procs. Through a couple heroics, it only seemed to add up to 5% of my damage. The raw numbers it was doing per hit seemed really 'meh' in comparison to every other ability as well. =\

Anyone have a different experience with it?
The raw numbers of every ability seem really meh. Bloodsurge is filler for when you're rage starved, which will likely be a fairly frequent occurrence as you level to 85. Also, it's a significantly better talent for 1h fury, which may be tweaked enough to be viable for early 85 raiding.

I mean, it's a free ability. It's not supposed to be amazing.
As SMF, its currently my hardest hitting and cheapest attack, haven't tried it with TG.
If you can't see why you should use a free attack that hits hard enough, you need to get your brain checked out.
You know you made a stupid thread if Samayel comes in and says:

you need to get your brain checked out.

Oh wait, that was me... /palmface
I wasn't really talking to you but the other warriors who were saying that it wasn't worth it. =P

/pat
Ah, ok. =)

I guess the 5% damage (from a very limited amount of experience, and flawed testing) is still 5% more damage than I'd be getting if I weren't to use it at all.

Bottom line is: You just have to make sure to use Bloodsurge procs intelligently to fill gcd gaps. =)
Yes, pretty much. It shouldn't always be your top priority right now, but at 85 you'll actually want to prioritize it over some things depending on how much rage you have at the time. A good rule of thumb, at least for TG, is that it should still be your last resort unless you're low on rage.
If you can't see why you should use a free attack that hits hard enough, you need to get your brain checked out.

The reason that you would not use the free attack is simple, I am at 27.13% hit and never had rage issues, and raging blow, blood thirst, heroic strike, and heroic throw were just about always available. Why would I interrupt that rotation to use an ability that does far less damage then the four above.

Because heroic throw resets your swing timer. Also because you have a free gcd every 6 seconds.

The reason that you would not use the free attack is simple, I am at 27.13% hit and never had rage issues, and raging blow, blood thirst, heroic strike, and heroic throw were just about always available. Why would I interrupt that rotation to use an ability that does far less damage then the four above.

Why would you use Heroic Throw when it resets your swing timer?

You should have more than enough free GCDs to use Bloodsurge, especially now that it's free.