Best place to buy Warcraft 1/2/3 +xpaks?

General Discussion
Sorry if my google-fu is weak. I only searched for about 15 min before coming here to ask.

Where is the best play to buy the classic games of Warcraft 1/2/3 and their expansions?

Easy Mode:
- Hard copy or download is fine

Hardmode:
- I live in Germany
- I want the games in English
- I want them new more than used (so would rather not buy from an individual)
- I want to BUY them. (Please no torrent/Usenet suggestions)

First checked Amazon.de. The price for all 5 games was like 150 Eur which is about $200.

I was really hoping there might be some "battle chest" type thing that included all the games (hard copy or download) for like $50-$75

I really thought they sold them on the B.net store but I only see WoW, D3, and SC2.

TIA
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/war3/ for WCIII. As for the other two, not sure.
I have my TFT disk and CD key... but I lost my RoC CD key. And now I'm sad. :(
Ebay maybe or Amazon
Ebay maybe or Amazon

This is your best bet, OP, due to their old age.

Bliz could probably make some decent money if they put them in the store for download and updated which OSs they will run on. I'm not sure how much work that would require. No need to polish them up IMO like the FF re-releases did.
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/war3/ for WCIII. As for the other two, not sure.

Oh, not sure how I missed that. When I log onto my B.net account and select "Games&Codes" rather than store, I see where I can get both WC3+xpak for $9.99 each.

Thanks for the info. =)

Now just looking for a good place to get 1 and 2 and 2 xpak hehe.
I'd skip WC1 honestly. Gameplay is like, REALLY old.

WC2 is old, but at least its pretty fun and not TOO clunky. Plus that's when the war really kicks into high gear.
01/09/2014 06:24 AMPosted by Sentenza

I really just want them for the story and think I might take your advice and just read about the lore from WC1.

Ebay maybe or Amazon

I would be open to possibly buy second hand from amazon/ebay but checking both it looks like they are ALL in German and I would rather have them in original translation.

Example why: In Germany, Sponge Bob Squarepants is Schwamm Bob Schwammkopf (Sponge Bob Spongehead. Some things get lost in translation.

I guess I could order them from the US/UK amazon/ebay and pay the shipping+VAT.... which still might come out cheaper than the insane prices here.
Some vendor on Amazon is selling it for $19.19 which is dirt cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Warcraft-III-Battle-Chest-PC-Mac/dp/B00009ECGK/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1389278709&sr=1-1&keywords=warcraft+battle+chest
Sponge Bob Spongehead

W...

T...

F?!?!

WC2 is old, but at least its pretty fun and not TOO clunky. Plus that's when the war really kicks into high gear.

I would agree, I found my old WC1 and WC2 and was like whoa cool! ... popped in WC1 and was like, ok... Nostalgia in my head > actual gameplay lol.
01/09/2014 06:42 AMPosted by Fuzecast
Sponge Bob Squarepants is Schwamm Bob Schwammkopf (Sponge Bob Spongehead.

I'm so referring to him as Schwamm Bob Schwammkopf now.
Warcraft 1 is really bad. Skip it. If I remember you have to click each unit individually and give orders. There was no drag and select back then.

Also, somewhat related:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/10/5087768/blizzard-warcraft-and-warcraft-2-working-on-modern-pcs
First checked Amazon.de. The price for all 5 games was like 150 Eur which is about $200.

Skip Warcraft 1
Buy Warcraft 2 Battle.net edition (includes all the expansions) from Amazon/ebay for like $50
Buy Warcraft 3 Battle chest from the Blizzard Store or your local retailer for $20/$30
WC 1 isn't a terribly good game by modern RTS standards but WC 2 is definitely worth checking out. More than any other entry in the Warcraft universe, Tides of Darkness captures the feeling of all out war between world powers (the final mission for Alliance Act 2 is you cutting off the Horde's primary oil supply, for instance) and combat is actually a lot faster paced than WC 3.

For a little bit of history, WC 1 is the game that secured Blizzard financially for the first time but WC 2 is the game that turned them into an A-list gaming company. I last played WC 2 a couple years ago and it was still a lot of fun.
WC 1 isn't a terribly good game by modern RTS standards but WC 2 is definitely worth checking out. More than any other entry in the Warcraft universe, Tides of Darkness captures the feeling of all out war between world powers (the final mission for Alliance Act 2 is you cutting off the Horde's primary oil supply, for instance) and combat is actually a lot faster paced than WC 3.

For a little bit of history, WC 1 is the game that secured Blizzard financially for the first time but WC 2 is the game that turned them into an A-list gaming company. I last played WC 2 a couple years ago and it was still a lot of fun.

I think I played one of the very first Blizzard games. Battle Chess for the NES.

Also, that music.

age is meaningless

Orcs and Humans is still fun to play 20 years after the game came out

I think I played one of the very first Blizzard games. Battle Chess for the NES.

My first Blizzard game was some racing game on the original B/W colored screen gameboy
age is meaningless

Compared to the gameplay standards of today, WC1 falls flat. That's what I mean by feeling old. Technically Megaman and Mario are older, but they don't feel old because their mechanics still feel good today.