Do something about CR for chrissakes

Arenas
How many people have run into this situation:

you like doing arenas and quite often do pickup/oQueue groups or strange comps with friends. then one day you feel like pushing rating. all the questions you get are about your CR. it doesn't matter if your all time high rating is higher than theirs... it doesn't matter if you link this.

the current CR system is far to punishing for people who like to play arena with random people. if you're going to subtract like 100 MMR whenever you play with a new group AND make it so a loss = -20 but a win = +5 for the first dozen matches, you may as well just give us teams back.

the alternatives = being that antisocial weirdo who only wants to do arenas when certain other people are online or being that manipulative a-hole who tries to secure a spot with particular players. none of the above is fun. plz let us reset CR and/or make MMR = CR with no penalty for playing with different people.
i culd be okay with this...but u culd just pay 25 for faction and have it reset hehe
Just bring back teams.
Just bring back teams.
i never liked the removal of teams personally.
01/07/2014 09:03 PMPosted by Lichboner
Just bring back teams.
i never liked the removal of teams personally.

Same.

Being able to run S-Priest/Boomkin/Ret or doing stupid crap like Shadowmourne 2's is kind of depressing now because I know people are gonna look at w/l and CR and be like; "Wut."

It's also really annoying to be trying to weed through and test out healers and stuff when you know losing with one who just talked himself up is going to make it harder to find the next one to try out.

People focus too much on what doesn't matter.
all the questions you get are about your CR. it doesn't matter if your all time high rating is higher than theirs... it doesn't matter if you link this.

If you link your all time high rating for this season....and people still dont want to play/believe you/doesnt look at the link. They are idiots and you dont want to play with them anyway.

You cant blame people for wanting experienced/ high CR people. But as long as you can prove youve been high rated currently...Fine in my book.
Just bring back teams.

^

Just change the team system a bit. Let us be on/have multiple teams.
Then you can have a "derp around capping points/playing with random people" team and a serious team.
01/07/2014 09:50 PMPosted by Dcyo
all the questions you get are about your CR. it doesn't matter if your all time high rating is higher than theirs... it doesn't matter if you link this.

If you link your all time high rating for this season....and people still dont want to play/believe you/doesnt look at the link. They are idiots and you dont want to play with them anyway.

You cant blame people for wanting experienced/ high CR people. But as long as you can prove youve been high rated currently...Fine in my book.

I agree about not wanting to play with the folks who'll shut you out despite linking your highest rating;

But it's pretty damn common and frustrating as a whole. I've got a Gladiator hunter who people decline playing with because his CR isn't high enough.
And the people declining are folks like me who are just around 2k.

Likewut.
I really wanted to make a team with the word moist in it : (
if people care about CR they probably suck

I actually recall blizzard saying that despite the removal of teams they didn't want to remove the experience of creating a team name and logo.

Yet they never gave us anything :/

I'll have to see if I can dig up the blue post saying that, it's somewhere in the 5.4 PTR forums.

I'll team up with you and we can get moist.

"moist babes 2012"
but u culd just pay 25 for faction and have it reset hehe

This doesn't work I just factioned yesterday :c
This problem is going to be fix with Trail of the Glad, in WoD. There is going to be special set of times that arena with tournament rules.
01/07/2014 09:58 PMPosted by Lilboymarty
if people care about CR they probably suck

QTF

The only time i see this being an issue is if your in glad range Cr and u rlly want to push even higher. Then CR can kind of be a good thing when looking for other people who have the same goal. Otherwise, CR dont mean !@#$, u can re earn it againl.
What does CR stand for?

The first time I saw this in trade someone mentioned "1500CR" and I wondered if it meant carry rating.
What does CR stand for?

Current Rating

Cheeky Raccoons

Chubby Rabbi

Coconut Remedy