Removing *SOME* CC in WoD

Arenas
Prev 1 11 12 13 Next
Then make some debuffs not dispellable?

Though frankly its not that simple, Honestly they just need to cut down the amount of instant AoE cc and spammable cc, because i think healers shouldn't just be able to dispel at their hearts content, however, getting dispelled out of a poly just to be poly'd again right after is really annoying
01/16/2014 08:09 AMPosted by Abaregahten
Fear is kind of ridiculous in this game (says the rogue with 123123098 ways to CC :D ).

I don't think it's our "CC" that is hated but our control. Fear might take you out of LoS or send you to the edges of the Sahara, but we lock you down and murder you at the same time :)
Just counting the spells, we don't really have more CC. I mean, what is it? 8 total spells? Blind, Garrote, Gouge, KS, CS, Dismantle, Kick, Sap? Hmm, ok 10 - Crippling snare (Deadly Brew) and Mind numbing. (Para is the old RNG Mace Stun - why was it added?)
01/16/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Caresses
Fear is kind of ridiculous in this game (says the rogue with 123123098 ways to CC :D ).

I don't think it's our "CC" that is hated but our control. Fear might take you out of LoS or send you to the edges of the Sahara, but we lock you down and murder you at the same time :)
Just counting the spells, we don't really have more CC. I mean, what is it? 8 total spells? Blind, Garrote, Gouge, KS, CS, Dismantle, Kick, Sap? Hmm, ok 10 - Crippling snare (Deadly Brew) and Mind numbing. (Para is the old RNG Mace Stun - why was it added?)

CC = Crowd Control LOL
01/16/2014 09:02 AMPosted by Avaricex

CC = Crowd Control LOL

I know; my reading comprehension is at least sufficient enough to realize this. My point is that some "crowd control" is more "controlling" than others.

Simple example: Mind Control. Dominate Mind is high risk, high reward CC because the priest essentially CC's him/herself to use it.

Does it make sense? I thought I explained it simply enough: you don't always fear bomb the kill target, but I certainly stunlock the target I'm killing.
By the time they're done spamming Cyclone my teammate is dead, and same for fear and Poly.

You shouldn't chime in on balance when you're 1500, there are plenty of reasons you'e losing. I doubt it's the cyclone spam from yolo oq 3s
You shouldn't chime in on balance when you're 1800s, there are plenty of reasons you'e losing. I doubt it's the cyclone spam from yolo 3s

See how dumb these types of posts are?

Rating Bashing is incredibly stupid
CC is not very balanced right now IMO. I am by no means undergeared anymore, with an item level of 514, and I can still be CC'd to death at the start of a 2v2.
Lore swing by more often, we could use some blue in a world filled with brown green and ugly shade of blue and yellow light blue and orange
01/16/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Brunnemann
CC is not very balanced right now IMO. I am by no means undergeared anymore, with an item level of 514, and I can still be CC'd to death at the start of a 2v2.

Dunno about you but I'm mostly Grievous geared and I've found that the only comp that can CC me to death is RMX.
hoesntly this upcoming expac is gonna be a huge blast, more wpvp, better arena, better battlegrounds, i feel like more people are gonna come back, its gonna feel like Wotlk again, hopefully you guys change frostmages mastery back to the way it was, and make fire once again gd in comps :D.
01/09/2014 12:20 PMPosted by Adornus
Could probably remove 50% of the CC and it make it much better.

Especially a lot of the instant CC.

Give CC to those who need it and limit that, this game is awful to play now in PVP
05/28/2014 06:28 AMPosted by Jenss
Or just put remove the CD on dispel again and see how much more fun the game might be?

It's kinda funny, because they wouldn't need to change cc as much as they plan to if they got rid of its cooldown. Your partners don't have to sit full ccs while you stand there unable to do anything about it, so fear/poly become less powerful. The only problem i foresee is with VT. If you're able to spam dispel, and VT's spell protection remains the same, people are just going to be dispelling VT like mad. I do agree though, the game was a lot more fun when dispel didn't have a cooldown. At the very least they could reduce its cooldown to 4-5seconds.
my opinion on the matter pretty much comes down t-*para stun*
BLIZZ you got it all wrong... CC is [NOT!!!!] the issue, the absolute retarded amount of burst is, and that is what needs to be fixed. Arena's should be won based on skill not because some geared person with no skill can push his damage cool downs and win. Arena is ALL about the CC, the way you line up cc's and organize a kill is what makes "arena" an "arena" and the way it is now sucks... 99.99% of people would agree burning crusade was an amazing, if not the best expansion. Blizz, take a hint
05/28/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Socrules
BLIZZ you got it all wrong... CC is [NOT!!!!] the issue, the absolute retarded amount of burst is, and that is what needs to be fixed. Arena's should be won based on skill not because some geared person with no skill can push his damage cool downs and win. Arena is ALL about the CC, the way you line up cc's and organize a kill is what makes "arena" an "arena" and the way it is now sucks... 99.99% of people would agree burning crusade was an amazing, if not the best expansion. Blizz, take a hint

Although burst is absurd, the amount cc doesn't help. Reducing CC will allow healers to hopefully keep up with burst cds from the opposite team.

Most of the developer's for WoD are the ones who worked on BC. So hopefully they will do it right.
05/28/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Deathbornog
Although burst is absurd, the amount cc doesn't help. Reducing CC will allow healers to hopefully keep up with burst cds from the opposite team.

Most of the developer's for WoD are the ones who worked on BC. So hopefully they will do it right.

i say keep the cc the way it is lower burst, everyones happy
A year later and WoD release and PVP is worse than ever, stun, interrupts, spell lock endless in BGs...

Not much fun, again. Cant Blizz just put all of this crap on DR or limit the chain locking these classes do, Pally 6 sec, Rouge 8 sec, DK 5 sec. how the hell is anyone supposed to play?
01/09/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Lore
Please remember that the expansion is still very much in development, so anything could change at any time. But that's our current thinking.

WoD confirmed for rushed xpac.

when 6.1 comes out, im just going to pretend it's 6.0 as if WoD just launched and i'll forget all the terrible things that i went through during the original 6.0