Removing *SOME* CC in WoD

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
How far are you toning down damage?

Is it burst you're toning or is it sustained, or a mix?

Numbers are hard for us to discuss right now, really. Between the item squish, base health/resil changes, spell/ability scaling changes, and probably some other stuff that doesn't come to mind right now, it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Once we're further along in development, we'll take a look at where all of that puts us, and adjust accordingly.
01/09/2014 01:50 PMPosted by Lore
More then anything please tell me you guys are considering cooldowns on the three spammable CCs in the game right now which is Fear, Cyclone, and Polymorph. These three CCs completely break the game when two or more are present on the same team.

We're considering lots of things :) Feedback is appreciated, I can bring it up. We may end up disagreeing, but we'll seriously consider any suggestions.

Please do this. No reason a player should be immediately feared/poly/cyclone back to back. Cyclone has a cd for Feral Druids, so why not Balance and Restos as well? By the time they're done spamming Cyclone my teammate is dead, and same for fear and Poly.

Numbers are hard for us to discuss right now, really. Between the item squish, base health/resil changes, spell/ability scaling changes, and probably some other stuff that doesn't come to mind right now, it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison. Once we're further along in development, we'll take a look at where all of that puts us, and adjust accordingly.

Wanted to give you a HUGE thank you for being involved today with us. We really like getting blue posts. Thank you, Lore.
Wanted to give you a HUGE thank you for being involved today with us. We really like getting blue posts. Thank you, Lore.
01/09/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Avaricex
Not all classes have too much CC. Monks only have two stuns, and only one if they don't spec to the other. Yes we have a "sap" but honestly, it breaks on damage, has a 15 sec cd, and last 3-4 secs, so its not really a big "plus" Classes like a Warrior have way too MANY ccs for the amount of damage they can put out. Fear and non-stop stuns is not needed for a plate class that has such a high amount of damage plus high amount of defenses. Fear from Warlocks is also a pretty pain in the !@#, its like non-stop, then add Shivarra's/Succubus's sleep that doesn't share DR. Lastly Rogue's Kidney Shot is bull$%^-. 8 second stun???????? I think they should just make ALL fears,stuns, and charms share DR, or take some away from some classes.

You have more cc than a warrior, what are you saying? It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.
EDIT: only combat rogues only have 8 second kidney and Shivarra shares DR with Fear.

My main is a Warlock and I use Shivarra, "sleep" does not share a DR with Fear, I do it all the time. Monks do not have more cc than a Warrior, you clearly do not know monks or warriors...
lore rhymes with the lord
01/09/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Lore
we're also planning on having fewer DR categories (and thus, more shared DR's) in WoD.

I hope you focus on mostly removing all the "special" dr's from list here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10195910192

Need to do away with cc's that don't dr with the same cc as they are. Roots should be roots, stuns should be stuns, Mesmerizes should be Mesmerizes etc. All of these "short" dr versions should dr with the normal versions of there cc.
My main is a Warlock and I use Shivarra, "sleep" does not share a DR with Fear, I do it all the time. Monks do not have more cc than a Warrior, you clearly do not know monks or warriors...

You're incorrect and monks have far more cc than warriors, if you want to play the rating game, I can do that too.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10195910192 DR post says you're wrong, too.
01/09/2014 02:02 PMPosted by Avaricex

You're incorrect and monks have far more cc than warriors, if you want to play the rating game, I can do that too.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10195910192 DR post says you're wrong, too.

Lol, Leg Sweep, FoF, then what?

Sap on a 15 sec cd is amazing, you have a blanket silence as well.
01/09/2014 02:04 PMPosted by Avaricex

See, this is the problem. Eveybody is fine with CC being removed until it's THEIR CC.
01/09/2014 12:22 PMPosted by Evilite
Of just keep it how it is now and just tone things down a tad. ^^

like make the cc have a shorter duration?

Well, keep the amount of cc the same, but look at the method in which its delivered. Its always good to have players weigh the cost of using an ability. The cost most of the time DR'ing another ability. But it could be a trade off between 2 things. Natures swiftness is that example. As of now though, its mainly getting used for CC in comps like RMD.

Beyond that, the DR tables could be reworked some to tone down the hot comps. Sap and fear was an example of this. It used to be full sap, then full fear... then full blind. Now sap and fear blind each other and for most part the change was good despite some early frustrations. By the same token, most of the existing cc in game should be looked at that. How can we tone down RMD, KFC, etc. Maybe CC isn't the issue at all.

If its damage only, the damage can be changed to not affect pve but slow pvp down. Warriors used to have the buff lambs to the slaughter. It basically slowed their burst down in pvp. It meant they had some ramp up time before they could deliver their high damage. The buff didn't affect pve numbers that much, but it drastically reduced warrior damage on the opener. while it was very frustrating, it did serve its purpose.

If we get more posting days like this, I think our entire forums will be a happier place, haha.
Can we vote lore for president? Is that something we have the power to do?

i think a lot of abilities just need more gate keepers. All to often this season players are able to unload a huge chunk of damage with very little setup. Experienced players can quickly react with the right abilities, but the new player cannot. So what ends up being very manageable in the top brackets in arena, ends up dominating the middle and lower brackets. Like all the complaints about blade storm, yet some of the best warriors don't even touch it.

Like enhance ascendance or warrior reck/avatar, its just to simple to dish out huge damage. Toning those abilities down and spreading out the damage would be great.
"sleep" does not share a DR with Fear

Yes, it does.