Removing *SOME* CC in WoD

Arenas
Prev 1 6 7 8 13 Next
Cyclone has a cd for Feral Druids

No, it doesn't. It did last patch, then Blizz gutted Ferals by removing PS clones.

It's like if a Rogue had to hardcast blind, or if a mage had to hardcast deep, or if a paladin had to hardcast HoJ.
It's like if a Rogue had to hardcast blind, or if a mage had to hardcast deep, or if a paladin had to hardcast HoJ.

Don't you mean like if Mages had to hardcast Poly, or Warlocks had to hardcast Fear? Which, you know, they DO. (Yes yes, PoM, but that sucks and should be changed too.)
Feels great to feel heard, and get attention regarding pvp, we've all felt neglected for so long, thank you Lore.
Thanks, Lore.
Lore, the biggest problem that I have with cc right now is that so little of it has a significant opportunity cost. If a ret paladin just wants to hoj, for example, she just uses hoj; there's not much thought involved. Contrast that with kidney, which expends both combo points and energy, and is also a damage sacrifice.

There are way, way too many abilities in this game that people can simply use with no repercussions. One of the things about skillful play is that one should be able to punish opponents for mistakes. It's too hard to do that currently.

Also, can you make sure to keep the classic control classes as being good at control? It's one of the things that has drawn me to mage (and druid warlock rogue as well) for so long, and it would be silly to remove niches in the game in the name of homogenization.
Personally i think a couple things need to be done.

1)Reduction in spam cc & reduction in amount of cc in certain classes (mage)
2)Changes to how stun works in pvp it should break on damage like other cc (aka have it break after target takes a certain % of there hp)
3)Trinket provide a small immunity to cc for a short period.
4)Get rid of blanket silence on interrupts it takes all the skill out of it when a mage can get herp derp counterspell but still silence you for 4 seconds.

Even out the cc among classes some have way too many cc/roots & snares where others have pretty much nothing.
Hmm... Wish I'd been around earlier to respond to this but...

. Experienced players can quickly react with the right abilities, but the new player cannot. So what ends up being very manageable in the top brackets in arena, ends up dominating the middle and lower brackets.

That's the point of being a "new" player. You know, you're kinda, uhh... "new." New players aren't supposed to be pushing 2-2.2k+. What separates the "middle and lower brackets" from the "experienced players"? Helllooo! Experience!

EDIT: On that note, it should dominate those brackets and making an argument that there is too much CC with that point isn't particularly valid.
so part of our plans for talents in WoD include making those choices make more sense where we can.

Let me explain this- We plan to make it so obvious that you can only choose 1 talent instead of having diversity.

Seriously let us have diversity back.

01/09/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Lore
Some will be outright removed.

That would be a start.

Still, we think there's more needed than just shaking talent trees around a bit

Like bringing back 3 tree system? Or make something complex and diverse?? Make is so a particular spec has several options??
If cc goes down, healers better get ridiculous healing nerfs, otherwise WoD will be the age of healers... more so than even MoP...
That's the point of being a "new" player. You know, you're kinda, uhh... "new." New players aren't supposed to be pushing 2-2.2k+. What separates the "middle and lower brackets" from the "experienced players"? Helllooo! Experience!

Thats not the point I was trying to make. More in that when players call for a nerf of abilty X, that ability may be crushing the middle and lower brackets, but it also may be the only thing keeping that class viable at the top tier. How we weigh nerfs and buff often ignores how the best players react to that ability.

The good example that I used earlier was blade storm. While lots of players are complaining about it, lots of the best warriors aren't even touching it. So should we nerf it? Maybe we should. But thats what I was trying to address.
If cc goes down, healers better get ridiculous healing nerfs, otherwise WoD will be the age of healers... more so than even MoP...

it could simply go back to what it was in wrath. mana management was far more fun and made the game far more dynamic. Would love to see mana drain and the abilities like it brought back. It made a generation of healers better with their positioning.
01/09/2014 03:34 PMPosted by Ezyo
Not all classes have too much CC. Monks only have two stuns, and only one if they don't spec to the other. Yes we have a "sap" but honestly, it breaks on damage, has a 15 sec cd, and last 3-4 secs, so its not really a big "plus" Classes like a Warrior have way too MANY ccs for the amount of damage they can put out. Fear and non-stop stuns is not needed for a plate class that has such a high amount of damage plus high amount of defenses. Fear from Warlocks is also a pretty pain in the !@#, its like non-stop, then add Shivarra's/Succubus's sleep that doesn't share DR. Lastly Rogue's Kidney Shot is bull$%^-. 8 second stun???????? I think they should just make ALL fears,stuns, and charms share DR, or take some away from some classes.

Monk has:

15 sec cd Sap Baseline

25 Sec cd Aoe Stun baseline

Silence Baseline

spammable Root Baseline

Can talent into another Aoe Stun

Warriors have:

Fear Baseline

Talent roots (one sacrifices mobility, the other breaks if you sneeze on the target so neither are used really)
D Shout which is actually what people choose

Talented Aoe Stun

Talented Ranged Stun

So really you wanna say wars have more cc?

Look at the blue post, it clearly shows they do =)
01/09/2014 04:36 PMPosted by Morthra
Cyclone has a cd for Feral Druids

No, it doesn't. It did last patch, then Blizz gutted Ferals by removing PS clones.

Just got home and logged on my Druid, you're absolutely right! I didn't even know.

Lol, um dude anyone can send that link claiming its them. Get on your actual toon and post...

http://www.twitch.tv/watchmeblink1/b/493640698 see look that's me guys! Im pro!

That is actually me ;/

I'm permabanned on my mainaccount

That's pretty funny.... I just looked up Kithras and says 5 hours ago "you" received an achievement.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Kithras/feed
01/09/2014 05:41 PMPosted by Adroi

it could simply go back to what it was in wrath. mana management was far more fun and made the game far more dynamic. Would love to see mana drain and the abilities like it brought back. It made a generation of healers better with their positioning.

When healers actually had to be concerned about their mana ^^^^^ moving away from WOTLK PvP was a big mistake honestly. Blizzard made a huge mistake starting in Cata

That is actually me ;/

I'm permabanned on my mainaccount

That's pretty funny.... I just looked up Kithras and says 5 hours ago "you" received an achievement.

Yes. I am permanently banned from the forums. Also Really !@#$ty forum etiquette. Triple posting and calling 2300 players bad? Tell you what, because I'm a nice guy I'm offering to play with you and teach you a lot about the game and how to act on the forums.

Adam#11862

Healers are fine, healers (at least the healer I play, priest) already has trouble keeping up with damage anyway. I could free cast flash heal+greater heals into a target and not outheal damage without CC.

If you are having problems with any healer that's not a MW or a R. Druid it's a l2p issue.

Yes. I am permanently banned from the forums. Also Really !@#$ty forum etiquette. Triple posting and calling 2300 players bad? Tell you what, because I'm a nice guy I'm offering to play with you and teach you a lot about the game and how to act on the forums.

Adam#11862

I tripled post because I was responding to different people smart one, I just got home. Where in any of my post do you see me calling players bad or even mentioning 2300? Are your reading glasses working?
That's ad hominem attack. Perhaps you should take my offer as I'm clearly better than you and more knowledgeable about this game. And yes, you were calling higher-rated players wrong i'm still at work. Perhaps you should respond to them in the same post you don't have to make individual post respond everyone that sort of behavior just clutters up the forums.
That's ad hominem attack. Perhaps you should take my offer as I'm clearly better than you and more knowledgeable about this game. And yes, you were calling higher-rated players wrong i'm still at work. Perhaps you should respond to them in the same post you don't have to make individual post respond everyone that sort of behavior just clutters up the forums.

I like to individually respond to comments lol you're acting as if its wrong? You're taking something that doesn't matter and making such a big deal out of it, a Dev Manager would clearly state that there's nothing wrong responding to each post individually. I sent you a friend request a while ago, so I took your offer and have been waiting a response. Lmao!!! Just because someone is wrong doesn't make them a bad player. I said YOU were wrong about Warrior's having less cc than Monks. The blue post even proves I am right. I never said anyone was bad, you're just mad and raging out of proportion.

Edit: I forgot, if you have a higher rating than someone you're right about everything. So everyone with a rating below 1600, Rogues can now cast Frostbolt. Do not tell me they can't, since I have a higher rating than you, Im not wrong. Thank you. Dude if you can't accept being wrong, especially when proven wrong by a blue, you need to reevaluate yourself.