Valor Points are useless

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Unless I spend hours grinding rep for the shadopan, I cant spend my valor points. Why does blizzard punish us like this?? I don't have hours to spend grinding rep, I just want to spend my valor points SOMEWHERE
Look up the upgrade NPC and get ready to have your mind blown.
He's in all PvP gear so, unless they've changed something I missed, upgrading his armor will not require any valor.
Um, what? The sole remaining pieces bought with valor now only require Friendly with the Shado-pan Assault, which is the Throne of Thunder raid reputation and only takes one LFR run to obtain. What's this "hours of grinding" you speak of? The other rep requirements for gear were removed.
Nice necro.
Oh wait. What? Really?
one LFR run
Nope. One *wing* of ToT LFR. Or normal if you're feeling sproggy.
Unless I spend hours grinding rep for the shadopan, I cant spend my valor points

Uh, you only need Friendly with them, and if you've completed ToT on LFR at least once you already have Friendly. There used to be higher requirements... But not anymore, as of 5.4. Anything you read that gives a requirement higher than Friendly for the Shado-Pan Assault valor gear is out-of-date. (Their Shoulders specifically, which are purchased with gold, not valor, still require exalted, though.)
Nope. One *wing* of ToT LFR. Or normal if you're feeling sproggy.

An LFR run is a wing. I've never heard anyone ever say "I just did an LFR run, man 4 wings are long." They would have said runs.

Semantics.
It's like OP didn't even look at the vendors before complaining.
Unless I spend hours grinding rep for the shadopan, I cant spend my valor points.

In addition to most items having been reduced to "Friendly", there's a neckpiece available at neutral that will be far superior to that last season honor garbage you're wearing now (even in instanced PvP).
One idea I have is to add vendor information to the Currency tab, so players know where to spend them. Could even mark a spot on the map for you, like guards do.
It's like OP didn't even look at the vendors before complaining.

OP wasn't mailed his epics when he wanted them, so off to the forums he went.
One idea I have is to add vendor information to the Currency tab, so players know where to spend them. Could even mark a spot on the map for you, like guards do.

This game needs fewer giant glowing arrows. :\ They totally ruin the immersion for those that actually value it, and for those that don't, it just makes them lazier.
This game needs fewer giant glowing arrows. :\ They totally ruin the immersion for those that actually value it, and for those that don't, it just makes them lazier.

BUT HOW WILL I QUEST WITHOUT A BIG NUMBER 1 AND SOME SPARKLES TO CLICK ON?!
You can spend them on Timeless Coins and use those for items to vendor. Not the best exchange rate but better than nothing.
You can buy bags of timeless coins (3500 coins for 500 valor) but once you are at item level 543 in all slots, then what? What about when you have Done SoO on herioc and have everything? Do you just have to stop playing until the next xpac?
You are capped on gear then. If all you care about is getting BiS, then yes, you have no reason to play after that.

I think they should have an option to buy GOLD for valor or convert 1 to 1 to conquest, just in case a pve player wants to do pvp. Which would be better than trying to do pvp in scaled down pve gear that was scaled because pvp players cried, and whined and moaned about it. (With the addition of pvp power to pvp gear, that scaling down is more than unfair)
While I do think there should be a useful conversion (I don't know if there is one), 1:1 Valor -> Gold is too high.

By the way, PVE gear is scaled down so that PVP gear is BiS for PVP. Otherwise PVE gear would be better. Same with the addition of PVP power on PVP gear. If there wasn't any PVP power, several pieces of PVE gear would be BiS for PVP.

Off topic but.. I think PVP gear should scale DOWN to 502 for raids. ALL pvp gear, regardless of level. If pvp players want that cloak, let them grind raids for it like everybody else, and let them grind until they get upgraded pve gear to do it! Fair is fair, I had to do battlegrounds in scaled down pve gear to do that part of the quest chain..
Yeah, no. There's no reason to further inhibit PVP players from raiding. 522 PVP gear with sometimes bad itemization is already a hefty price to pay when other people are in 540's or 553's or whatever.

Comparing all the raids that you have to do for the cloak to the TWO battlegrounds you have to do is just pathetic. If it was 20 wins each, you'd have a stronger point.
01/15/2014 11:01 AMPosted by Garregish
Furthermore, once you have capped valor and upgraded all these items.. what do you do with the valor?

Are you really complaining that a currency that exists as a "bad luck protection" (ensuring that, yeah, you'll eventually get a pair of 522 pants, even if they won't drop from anything) and as a way of adding a bit of stats to your gear, stops having use after those two uses are achieved?

Do you also complain when you kill rep-giving mobs after you're already exalted? Or that you don't get any more XP after reaching max level?
You can buy bags of timeless coins (3500 coins for 500 valor) but once you are at item level 543 in all slots, then what?

If you've done all that, then you can use the Timeless Coins you purchase to farm for Bonkers, or farm for the Shaohao rep mount etc.
Off topic but.. I think PVP gear should scale DOWN to 502 for raids. ALL pvp gear, regardless of level. If pvp players want that cloak, let them grind raids for it like everybody else, and let them grind until they get upgraded pve gear to do it! Fair is fair, I had to do battlegrounds in scaled down pve gear to do that part of the quest chain..
They don't want an item that's going to get massively scaled down, no pvp power, has a proc that... either doesn't work or rarely triggers, I forget which.

And PVPers can only get enough money for enchants & reforges by doing a little bit of PVE stuff. Sounds pretty even already.
if you just want to spend them go to the vendors in SW or ORG