<Draconic Savant> Moving On.

Bleeding Hollow
So <Draconic Savant> is definitely leaving then... sorry to see it happen though I understand it.

Are <Royal Militia> and <Executive Decision> leaving before WoD as well?

I'm getting from your posts that you are, but I'm just more or less curious.

I don't think you can rule any serious alliance guild out of moving, TBH. This realm is awful for high end alliance raiding... None of the benefits of a high pop, and all of the drawbacks. Add in the horde claiming this to be the unofficial horde wpvp capital, and it's stupid to stay here.

Some of us are sticking it out though.

I really don't blame you. The vocal 'WPvP' guilds on the Horde side are, for the most part, terrible guilds that rely on literally bringing a 5:1 odds on favorite to a fight in order to win.

It's sad that they really take pride in that, but you can't reason with some people.

Most probably not for now, but its being discussed for before WoD. Faction changing is on the table as well.

PS:
What i don't get personally, is why would blitz open transfers to a LA data-center hosted server. Seriously why?

It doesn't make sense to me either. An east coast server that has its prime time between 7 pm and 11 pm EST? It's a dumb decision to make.

Whatever decision you guys do make I wish you luck as well.
Good luck on the new server I hope the next expansion goes well for you.
PS:
What i don't get personally, is why would blitz open transfers to a LA data-center hosted server. Seriously why?

Because it doesn't matter. I've been harping on this a bit, but honestly the difference between 40-50ms and 80-90ms in WoW is so small it's unnoticeable. You'll maybe think you notice a difference on day 1 and then never again. I played on a MST (LA-hosted) server for 7 years. Beyond that the timezones are completely superficial. It's very unlikely your entire guild will be on one coast or the other.

@Nighthorrors: Thanks, you too! It was nice seeing you guys on BH.
Best of luck to Draconic Savant with the move! Hope everything works out for the best and you are happy there. It is a move that Exec Dec considered as well. The LA datacenter killed the latency of too many players though. Ultimately, we decided to stay on Bleeding Hollow for the time being and play the "wait and see" game.

Losing you guys will definitely be a hard hit to the Alliance. You've been a fantastic addition this past year. Hope you keep in touch!
Good luck guys.

Also, idk I feel like a 3 hour time difference is a lot. Might be hard to recruit from on server.

We are trying to figure out what we are going to do, but staying BH Alliance is not an option.
Good luck guys.

Also, idk I feel like a 3 hour time difference is a lot. Might be hard to recruit from on server.

The server time itself is CST, it's only the physical location of the server that is west coast. I haven't been raiding recently, but I remember our raid times being, like, amazing for me living in Chicago.
First off, sorry to see you guys go. It is nice to have competition and now it is left to us and Empire to carry the torch for 25 man heroic raiding on BH.

The issue most of us had with Korgath was the latency, not wanting to move in general, and they weird feeling a lot of us got that this was the third free transfer to that server in a year, and yet people were still not flocking to it.

The Chicago data center needs to get rid of the Brazilian servers and we would see a much better performance overall.

With the rumored racial changes I think we are going to see a shift back to alliance for the pve crowd and with some of the gear changes in WoD we will see a different world pvp scene. That is why I voted to wait and see. BH may be salvageable, it may not, but Korgath just has this weird vibe about it.

That being said I may send an alt over just to see how things turn out, and free up a character slot for more 90s, lol, but you guys and gals take care and we will see you around the progression charts.
BH horde is an option.
01/15/2014 01:50 PMPosted by Mark
BH horde is an option.

http://i.imgur.com/z8eRx.jpg
BH horde is an option.

The issue most of us had with Korgath was the latency, not wanting to move in general, and they weird feeling a lot of us got that this was the third free transfer to that server in a year, and yet people were still not flocking to it.

We aren't particularly worried about the LA datacenter, because this guild is originally from Bloodscalp so many of our members are used to it. In a GCD-restricted MMORPG whose last mechanic that required lightning reflexes was Defile, the 50-60 ms difference won't matter for many of our raiders. We also extensively tested and made footage of how the latency differences affects melee PvP. There was a difference, but not much and it would have been a rare occurrence for it to come into play.

The issue with past Korgath transfers is that Korg is an Alliance-dominated server and they're trying to feed BH into it. This server is like 75-80% Horde and was significantly trending that way over the course of MOP. I doubt many of them are going to go to a server where they're outnumbered, especially when they are used to zerging everything down.

I don't think Korgath is going to shoot up even with this round of transfers, but it's undeniably a bigger Alliance community and is more conducive to our goals as a guild. It was obvious that FCMs were going to happen for BH after the server issues earlier this month, but it was fortuitous that they decided it wasn't actually important for them to solve the problem by keeping the transfers to Korgath from BH. Also, Blizzard likes to keep using Korgath because that is quite literally the purpose of its existence--it was created to address overflows on other servers.
BH horde is an option.
I'm just waiting for the IWC, WSC, and other locust to move on after they have destroyed another server since they all transfered in from servers that had bad faction balance.
Best of luck on Korgath! Although I hate to see more Alliance go. :(
01/15/2014 03:43 PMPosted by Iceadin
BH horde is an option.

http://youtu.be/FshkO8HqQ10
It is sad that faction imbalance plays such a huge role but being able to do nothing outside of raiding cause there are so many of the other faction can really ruin it.
Feel bad for any alliance trying to raid Soo right now, good luck zoning in lol.
/salute

GL To DS
I transferred here around 9 weeks ago, and while Celestials and Ordos on the Isle are impossible without being dragged off to another realm, the only bitter taste I leave behind will be logging in before raids on Tuesday to find out that the only NPC in shrine that's dead is the Charm Maker, and being slaughtered every time she respawns by a Rogue who vanishes as quickly as he appears.

Best of luck to the raid scene on Bleeding Hollow, while my stay here was short lived, the half a dozen occupants of Shrine kept me company.